Next Cantina Node Farm

evanbio
1505 posts Member
edited October 2016
So, I'll be finishing my current cantina node farm in a couple of days. Trying to determine who I should tackle next. Here are my current goals for the game (in no particular order), and a link to my collection.
https://swgoh.gg/u/evanbio/collection/
Current Arena Team: Phasma (L), Lando, Rey, QGJ, RG.
Main GW Team: HK47, 88, 86, Nebit, other.
Game Goals:
  • Obtain 7* Yoda (Current cantina node is Barris and will let me accomplish)
  • Hold Arena rank under 50. Current arena rank between 100 and 50. I sometimes can hit under 50 at payout, but usually fall somewhere around 60.
  • Auto Heist events. Currently I can 3* them, but I have to manipulate the moves.
  • Construct a team of 5 for each major faction. I do not consider Night Sisters or Seperatists to be a major faction in this game.
  • Collect all the Jedi. Because.
  • Collect toons from the original trilogy. Again, because.
With that in mind, I was considering the following toons.
  • B2
  • Ol Ben
  • Wedge
  • JKA
  • IGD
  • Just farm Mods with Cantina Energy.
  • Other?
Thoughts?

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    I would go B2, JKA, Wedge and Old Ben. In that order. I would still farm Mods on a side note.
  • Options
    I'd actually go Wedge. Adding Wiggs to your team with Lando, STH, and RG/QGJ/Phasma could be devastating in the current meta, and it's an original trilogy character.

If you want to switch your arena team to droids/jawas though, I'd agree with @TMK on B2, and suggest you swap in JE for Nebit as well.

JKA also quite versatile and currently fits best with your existing arena squad

None of those three do much for you in terms of rounding out a group of 5, so probably just a personal preference, but given what you stated, I think Wedge > JKA > B2
  • Options
    Thank you both for the responses. You've pretty much verified what I thought, which is that any of them are a solid addition to my collection. My main concern with adding Wiggs is the gear grind. But it does seem to be a pretty solid fit. I have an idea for an arena squad consisting of JKA and B2 as well, so decisions decisions. :)

Any thoughts on whether Wiggs/JKA/B2 are more useful without having uber-speed mods? I would think B2 doesn't need them, and perhaps JKA has enough health to last an initial onslaught and survive into the next round. Considering the horrible drop rate there as well, it's something I'm trying to consider.

Oh, and RNG seems to have shined on me. I am 2 shards away from having to choose my next use of cantina energy. Just in time for the Yoda event. :)
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    I have finished Wedge first because Biggs was already sitting there waiting to get a company. Would have gone with B2 first if I didn't farm Biggs before.
  • Options
    Thanks TMK. I have Biggs at 7* G8 L80 now. I guess I might as well try to make him more relevant. :)
  • Options
    TMK wrote: »
    I have finished Wedge first because Biggs was already sitting there waiting to get a company. Would have gone with B2 first if I didn't farm Biggs before.

Exactly the reason I'm about to start Wedge instead of B2 (although I did go JKA and then Lando first).

If I had to guess, I'd imagine B2 is the least in need of speed mods, particularly since you could put him on a team with JE. But speed is the name of the game right now for arena, so whoever you farm you'll have to find a way to mazimize their turns (the Wiggs combo also does that naturally, with Biggs calling Wedge+1 to assist).