Who to go for in Arena?

I'm just about to get Leia to 7* today
And I'm wondering who I should work on next, I'm working on rebels and have Leia, Biggs, Lando, wedge and HRS all at 7* G 8-9.

I'm happy with that but was thinking about Akbar? Either way I'm not sure who I should work on next, any advice would be helpful, thanks.

I also have the following from Arena;

Leia 7*
Darth Sid 7*
Asajj 5*
IG 88 4*
STH 7*

Replies

• Options
    Admiral Ackbar if you want to do the Palpatine event easier/at all. Continue with IG-88. If you want a droid team go for HK-47
  • Options
    Cheers for that is Ackbar that essential to that event? Wouldn't the wedge lead be just as helpful?
  • Options
    Didnt read thread but answer is easy.

Rex
    Pac sun

Whoever else

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    If your working on rebels. You can't not get the 2 best rebels, wiggs.
    Sth, wiggs, Lando are the core rebels you should be getting
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Plus you said for arena. Those 4 I use in my arena and get number 1 daily.
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »

I have them
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Moshen83 wrote: »

I have them

Since you have the most important rebels then, go for ig88. Key droid team member as well as scoundrel for credit/training droid event (if you don't already have a scoundrel squad that can complete t4 of those events). The only real reason to go after Ackbar is he will make the palp event easier to 7*. If you are looking to optimize your rebel squad, sub out Leia or HRS for sth.

Moving on, after you get 88, you can go for HK, 86, then Nebit and have the formation of a tier two droid squad (start working on JE if you go down this path since he is the backbone to droid squads). Tier one droid squad includes B2 from cantina battles.

Or, if you want a jawa squad (theorized to be good for the next raid) start on Nebit. You can farm all 5 Jawa concurrently, since none share locations/currency.

Lastly, if you need an empire squad for potency mods you could go Tarkin.

Those are your options as I see it, and honestly, I think farming Ackbar has the least use for you since you already have a rebel team that can go after Palp when the event comes back (assuming you don't have him already).
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

Rex
    Pac sun

Whoever else

Had you bothered to read the thread, you'd know they're looking for advise on who to farm from arena shipments next. Which neither Rex nor Sun Fac are available there. So your "easy answer" didn't address the question at all.

As for the actual question, I agree with the above suggestions, it all depends on what your goals are.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Moshen83 wrote: »

I have them

Since you have the most important rebels then, go for ig88. Key droid team member as well as scoundrel for credit/training droid event (if you don't already have a scoundrel squad that can complete t4 of those events). The only real reason to go after Ackbar is he will make the palp event easier to 7*. If you are looking to optimize your rebel squad, sub out Leia or HRS for sth.

Moving on, after you get 88, you can go for HK, 86, then Nebit and have the formation of a tier two droid squad (start working on JE if you go down this path since he is the backbone to droid squads). Tier one droid squad includes B2 from cantina battles.

Or, if you want a jawa squad (theorized to be good for the next raid) start on Nebit. You can farm all 5 Jawa concurrently, since none share locations/currency.

Lastly, if you need an empire squad for potency mods you could go Tarkin.

Those are your options as I see it, and honestly, I think farming Ackbar has the least use for you since you already have a rebel team that can go after Palp when the event comes back (assuming you don't have him already).

Thanks for the reply, most helpful

I went the rebels route so I can get palp, simply when I first started playing I wanted a darkside team, vader and palp are are just what I wanted to run. So the minute palp hit I stared in the rebels.

I now have the core 6 of them, in total all at 7* gear 9
    Leia, sth, lando, Biggs, wedge and hrs and I'm happy as they do well do you think I really need ackbar to help? If so I will farm him.

I like the idea of droids as I have 86 at 5* and can get him up easily while also working on B2, 88 then HK and jawas

Cheers
  • Options
    Here's the deal with Ackbar and the Palpatine event. The event includes a special "Counterwatch" ability for all characters that provides healing and counter-attack abilities. Since this is a non-attack ability, if you have Ackbar at lead, his Rebel Coordination leader ability causes an ally to attack whenever you use the Counterwatch ability. So you never have to skip an attack, even when you're just healing up. This is an extremely effective ability for the event.
    If you run Ackbar, St Han, Lando, Biggs, Wedge, you should be able to get Palps. I used HRSc and Luke instead of Lando and Wedge and unlocked him pretty easily.
    BTW, HRSc is great for the event too since he gets bonus TM every time you drop an Empire enemy, and there are a ton of those. Plus he has a decent stun, which came in very handy against Palp in the final round who only got to attack once. But you might not need him given your roster.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, I'm quite torn at the moment, at the time of the the event I got him up to 75/145 so I don't have far to go.

I'm just wondering if I have the strength in my current team to get him at 7* without ackbar? What do you think?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Just a quick disclaimer, if you want to do a droid team, you will need to get HK unlocked. You don't have to 7* him right away, but his leader ability is key. When I built my droid squad, I got HK to 5*, finished off 88, and then maxed HK.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Rex
    Pac sun

Whoever else

Had you bothered to read the thread, you'd know they're looking for advise on who to farm from arena shipments next. Which neither Rex nor Sun Fac are available there. So your "easy answer" didn't address the question at all.

As for the actual question, I agree with the above suggestions, it all depends on what your goals are.

Captain Kirk, Galactus, and Kermit the Frog
  • Options
    Here's the deal with Ackbar and the Palpatine event. The event includes a special "Counterwatch" ability for all characters that provides healing and counter-attack abilities. Since this is a non-attack ability, if you have Ackbar at lead, his Rebel Coordination leader ability causes an ally to attack whenever you use the Counterwatch ability. So you never have to skip an attack, even when you're just healing up. This is an extremely effective ability for the event.

Isn't this confusing Empire Assault with Palpatine event? I can't remember exactly but don't remember counterwatch in the EP event, it was more like Yoda event with a series of single stage encounters. I think AA is almost required for Empire Assault but less so for EP event. I'd run OPs current team but with added gear and mods. AA is nice to cleanse DOTs and stuns and shocks, but I think not essential for EP event.

• Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Rex
    Pac sun

Whoever else

Captain Kirk, Galactus, and Kermit the Frog

Yes, I can confirm these are the correct answers.
  • Options

Isn't this confusing Empire Assault with Palpatine event? I can't remember exactly but don't remember counterwatch in the EP event, it was more like Yoda event with a series of single stage encounters. I think AA is almost required for Empire Assault but less so for EP event. I'd run OPs current team but with added gear and mods. AA is nice to cleanse DOTs and stuns and shocks, but I think not essential for EP event.

You're right, I'm wrong. Never mind, you don't get Counterwatch in Emperor's Demise. You won't need Ackbar for it.
  • Options
    Cheers guys so it's HK next for me
  • Options
    No, you don't need Ackbar for anything. If you want him, go for it, but you don't need him given your rebel squad.
  • Options
    No, you don't need Ackbar for anything. If you want him, go for it, but you don't need him given your rebel squad.

Thanks for that
  • Options
    Why not??? Ackbar is only choice in case u meet Arena team with higher speed ST Han or Wiggs than your....
    First move have much more advantage especially ST Han...

• Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Just a quick disclaimer, if you want to do a droid team, you will need to get HK unlocked. You don't have to 7* him right away, but his leader ability is key. When I built my droid squad, I got HK to 5*, finished off 88, and then maxed HK.

Man I wish I saw this one month ago. I would be rocking droid team now instead of just starting to farm HK
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    aliaknife wrote: »
    Why not??? Ackbar is only choice in case u meet Arena team with higher speed ST Han or Wiggs than your....
    First move have much more advantage especially ST Han...

This is unfortunately the state of arena currently...

Ackbar actually isn't too bad one you max him out... but still his only purpose typically is to make ST Han faster for first turn advantage... and then the initial aoe insanity and decimation of the opponent before they can move

Other option is Rex, sun fac, et all... which is equally boring...

I suggest trying new things and making the team you want and enjoy playing who you like and then go from there