How to Fix PVP

Prev1
It's actually pretty simple. They need to actually have PVP. Right now it's a hope that RNG controls your team the best way you would actually play your squad. With actual PVP you would play another player in real time. This would be extremely easy in a game like this because it's all turn based. Barely any lag and would still work the exact same as it does now, you pick an ability to use when it's your turn and then the next toon goes.

With actual PVP the question arises that how would you ever lose your rank if you never log on? Simple, if you lose a fight you lose rank, and your squad also shows up in GW which is controlled by RNG and he computer. This would keep you invested and give a reason to keep logging in. The arena would give a points system like the tourney but more like the rank of the arena. You would lose "points" if somebody beats your squad in GW. Fighting in the arena would result in two outcomes. You win and you get "points" and further your rank, or you lose and nothing happens except you can't fight again like it is now for a couple of minutes.

Going back to GW, you would only ever fight players from YOUR shard. They would start off easy with players well below your rank for the first 3 nodes, then 3 players below your rank, then 3 players of similar rank or lower, then the last 3 would be players of the same rank or slightly higher. GW would retain the same difficulty and incorporate the arena and create a better flow for the game in total.

Replies

• Options
    So the pretty simple fix is to completely rewrite the entire way the game is coded?

Trust me, everyone wants it, but it's just not going to happen.
  • Options
    So what you're saying is.... for someone like me who doesn't really leave the top 10 in arena... in GW I would have to fight 8 arena teams that are top 10 arena teams in for nodes 5-12 in order to complete my GW for the day? You're joking, right?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    So what you're saying is.... for someone like me who doesn't really leave the top 10 in arena... in GW I would have to fight 8 arena teams that are top 10 arena teams in for nodes 5-12 in order to complete my GW for the day? You're joking, right?

No, he isn't. Filthy top 10 scum!!! (Jk)
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »

Not necessarily. I said well beld you rank, below your rank, then just about your rank, then your rank or above. You would actually get an easier time because more of the squads would be the same and would have the same weaknesses.
  • Options
    So the pretty simple fix is to completely rewrite the entire way the game is coded?

It's not though, that's the beauty of it, all of what I proposed are already in game mechanics. It would be very easy to make it like this over an update like they did with protection update. It wouldn't be hard at all it would just be different but people would love it so much better because PVP would actually mean PVP
  • Options
    Re place rex and fac with 30 chewie shards, and 99% of players will be happy. :).

I counted rexes on my shard and in my December guild. Very few people have rex. If u ever make it to ur top ten u will see 90 percent of the ones on ur shard.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Re place rex and fac with 30 chewie shards, and 99% of players will be happy. :).

I counted rexes on my shard and in my December guild. Very few people have rex. If u ever make it to ur top ten u will see 90 percent of the ones on ur shard.

What's your point? I know that Rex is fairly dominant in the older shards. I didn't say that was a problem. With actual PVP it wouldn't matter what your leader is because you will be controlling your squad against another team that is being controlled by another player, hence player versus player, not player versus computer.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    While "real" PvP would be nice, in addition to a complete restructure of how arena works it requires actual servers and at least limited netcode. Which requires money. Which requires EA spending money on something that generates no revenue.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

What's your point? I know that Rex is fairly dominant in the older shards. I didn't say that was a problem. With actual PVP it wouldn't matter what your leader is because you will be controlling your squad against another team that is being controlled by another player, hence player versus player, not player versus computer.

I think not many people want actual real-time pvp. Just my opinion. My point is.... rock paper scissor would make pvp better.

Why would anyone want to spend more time in arena, defending. And how would anyone ever progress? Losing 4 out of 5 battles a day. Successfully defending 4 of 5 battles a day. Or 19 out of 20, if a lot of people attack you. And no one moves. We get 1 third the crystal payout, collectively. Sounds awfully boring and tedious to me.

In fact that will happen is just collaboration. I let u win at x hour. And around it goes.
  • Options

I think not many people want actual real-time pvp. Just my opinion. My point is.... rock paper scissor would make pvp better.

Why would anyone want to spend more time in arena, defending. And how would anyone ever progress? Losing 4 out of 5 battles a day. Successfully defending 4 of 5 battles a day. Or 19 out of 20, if a lot of people attack you. And no one moves. We get 1 third the crystal payout, collectively. Sounds awfully boring and tedious to me.

In fact that will happen is just collaboration. I let u win at x hour. And around it goes.

Whine much because you lost the last argument. I've stated explicitly how none of what your just said could happen. It's all luck of the draw and unless you form a guild with people solely from your shard to communicate with them then there would be no way to communicate like that. It's shard based and you will only fight players in your shard. Players will be deranked everyday by players of similar rank through GW and you would boost your own rank by playing in the arena like normal. Seriously all you are doing now is whining without reading.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    While "real" PvP would be nice, in addition to a complete restructure of how arena works it requires actual servers and at least limited netcode. Which requires money. Which requires EA spending money on something that generates no revenue.

Except when they release new toons who can only be obtained through a new arena currency gained by defending your rank. Every time you draw a match in arena (very rare) or your team beat a toon on defence you get "x" amount of Defence currecny which has its own store. As far as servers go this is EA we are talking about. They have the money to do it and should they need more they could release another tourney or new toon or for once just do it out of the kindness of their hearts (rarer than packing a furnace in a bronzium). Sure it might take some resources but I'd say that we as a community have earned them with our dedication to this game.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

Except when they release new toons who can only be obtained through a new arena currency gained by defending your rank. Every time you draw a match in arena (very rare) or your team beat a toon on defence you get "x" amount of Defence currecny which has its own store. As far as servers go this is EA we are talking about. They have the money to do it and should they need more they could release another tourney or new toon or for once just do it out of the kindness of their hearts (rarer than packing a furnace in a bronzium). Sure it might take some resources but I'd say that we as a community have earned them with our dedication to this game.

Except that requires creating an entirely new arena, the dev time involved and the upgraded servers/server maintenance. They could release those same characters you are proposing to recoup the money spent as regular chromium/aurodium characters for pure profit. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It would be cool if it could somehow be implemented (that we could actually battle another person in real time) but unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime in the foreseeable future
  • Options

It's not though, that's the beauty of it, all of what I proposed are already in game mechanics. It would be very easy to make it like this over an update like they did with protection update. It wouldn't be hard at all it would just be different but people would love it so much better because PVP would actually mean PVP

You have no idea how this game communicates or transfers or processes information do you?
    The whole game engine is not built to do what you propose, it would require millions of dollars of server based processing, huge amounts of bandwidth to handle all the real time data flow. Absolutely nothing you propose is even possible given the way this game is currently written or handled.

If its so easy, it would have been built from the ground up to do that. And the entire pricing structure would be different too. The fact that your argueing your opinion only and don't understand the underlying architecture of the games basic systems leads me to believe this thread is more ludicrus that a nerf Ugnaught post and should be closed.
  • Options

You have no idea how this game communicates or transfers or processes information do you?
    The whole game engine is not built to do what you propose, it would require millions of dollars of server based processing, huge amounts of bandwidth to handle all the real time data flow. Absolutely nothing you propose is even possible given the way this game is currently written or handled.

If its so easy, it would have been built from the ground up to do that. And the entire pricing structure would be different too. The fact that your argueing your opinion only and don't understand the underlying architecture of the games basic systems leads me to believe this thread is more ludicrus that a nerf Ugnaught post and should be closed.

Wow, somebody clearly doesn't realize how much EA makes off of this game alone, or how much revenue could be made if they introduced advertisements to the game. Millions of dollars is virtually nothing compared to what EA makes off of all of their games. Plus they already have servers that would be ideal for a game like this. Take the FIFA servers and update them and use the old ones for this game. With advertisements in place running parallel to the crystal income they generate the servers would pay for themselves. You may have knowledge of how you think servers work but you clearly don't know who we are talking about. It's EA, the same EA that you hear at the start of virtually every sports game out there, the same EA that worked on the recent Battlefront, the same EA that has billions of dollars to use on basically everything but they don't because they like having money.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

...the same EA that has billions of dollars to use on basically everything but they don't because they like having money.

And you expect EA to suddenly reverse course and just throw money at nothing?

teehee_by_cloudbottle-d4qgcnq.jpg
  • Options

...the same EA that has billions of dollars to use on basically everything but they don't because they like having money.

And you expect EA to suddenly reverse course and just throw money at nothing?

teehee_by_cloudbottle-d4qgcnq.jpg

They don't have anything else to throw their money at. They aren't fixing any of their other servers with their money so why shouldn't they? Maybe do something charitable for once and set this up with the purpose of adding advertisements for the other EA games.
  • Options
    i wish this would happen but my only thing is, i think my time zone is different than other people in my arena. So they won't be on and trying to attack when i do. I barely get attacked when i need to attack for my payout. So if it was live then i wouldn't be able to move up because i wouldn't be facing anyone in real time.
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    i wish this would happen but my only thing is, i think my time zone is different than other people in my arena. So they won't be on and trying to attack when i do. I barely get attacked when i need to attack for my payout. So if it was live then i wouldn't be able to move up because i wouldn't be facing anyone in real time.

You would only ever play another player that was playing so you would always play somebody that's online. The GW would only be players in your shard. The arena would be everybody that's online.
  • Options

You would only ever play another player that was playing so you would always play somebody that's online. The GW would only be players in your shard. The arena would be everybody that's online.

i apologize if i'm not understanding this correctly. I am in an arena shard. And i can only move up in rank if i attack one of these people. correct?

The way i'm understanding your response is i would play someone random who is looking for a match and then how would i move up? Or would there no longer be shards for Arena and it would just be everyone? I think i'm confused on the ranking part. Is there no ranking and just wins/losses?
  • Options

i apologize if i'm not understanding this correctly. I am in an arena shard. And i can only move up in rank if i attack one of these people. correct?

The way i'm understanding your response is i would play someone random who is looking for a match and then how would i move up? Or would there no longer be shards for Arena and it would just be everyone? I think i'm confused on the ranking part. Is there no ranking and just wins/losses?

There would be shards in terms of rank but who you fight in arena it would match you with another player who is also in arena, hence real time PVP, you get deranked in the offline GW which is only ever players in your shard that you competing against for rewards. So if you really want to deranked somebody you go through GW, if you want to rank up you go through the arena. No longer a choice of 3 opponents, you get matched up against somebody and fight. It's your job to tackle their team on the fly so you put up your best squad instead of just which team destroys on offence. Players could incorporate healers and tanks again in PVP to help make the squad last longer in a fight.
  • Options

There would be shards in terms of rank but who you fight in arena it would match you with another player who is also in arena, hence real time PVP, you get deranked in the offline GW which is only ever players in your shard that you competing against for rewards. So if you really want to deranked somebody you go through GW, if you want to rank up you go through the arena. No longer a choice of 3 opponents, you get matched up against somebody and fight. It's your job to tackle their team on the fly so you put up your best squad instead of just which team destroys on offence. Players could incorporate healers and tanks again in PVP to help make the squad last longer in a fight.

ohhh ok i think i get it now, thanks for clearing it up! So they would have to edit Arena and GW because GW is more for Defense and earning rewards and Arena is for offense and rank?
  • Options

ohhh ok i think i get it now, thanks for clearing it up! So they would have to edit Arena and GW because GW is more for Defense and earning rewards and Arena is for offense and rank?

Exactly, you would get credits, crystals, ability mats, and GW currency for clearing GW nodes like normal, and you would get Rank for clearing arena battles and then credits and then arena currency. It would work the same except that GW and arena would be two separate versions of PVP that both contribute to your success in the game.
  • Options
    I think a good developer would surely just completely change how their whole game and profit model is designed mid release cycle so that we can appease some random forum poster, who most likely doesn't spent any money on their game anyways.

I mean surely there's just so much incoming money just laying around that we can just change the whole game code from being client side to server side in the flick of the switch.

Lets completely ignore data bandwidth constraints, processing requirements, equipment and overhead cost.
    I mean surely the amount of data for for several million users out there is just so microscopic that EA can just wheel dumptrucks of money out there, as many as it take right?

I'm pretty sure its you that doesn't understand how much money this game makes, and the fact that your idea would cost more to implement than the gross profits to date have been.

This game makes approximately 100-150k per day. The cost to run this whole game server side for several million users across the world would cost more than the daily revenue coming in could cover.

I know its hard to conceptualize, but they actually have people at EA who kind of do profit models based on real world numbers and analytics for a living. I know they obviously don't know anywhere near as much, because they are EA, and something something, they are big and rich, so just do it completely based on the premise they "might" be able to make more money off advertisements off of completely unrelated products with 0 statistical analysis, no profit model, no idea what development costs or where in the lifecycle of a product you are, how the product handles data, or really anything other than a percursory opinion on how something would be more enjoyable.

You might as well ask EA for Star Wars battlefronts to be run on a mobile device, because that's more a possibility than what you are asking for here.

And yes, we all would like to battle in real time. If you want that, go find another game, because this one will never have it. The reasons are listed above.

• Options
    I think a good developer would surely just completely change how their whole game and profit model is designed mid release cycle so that we can appease some random forum poster, who most likely doesn't spent any money on their game anyways.

I mean surely there's just so much incoming money just laying around that we can just change the whole game code from being client side to server side in the flick of the switch.

Lets completely ignore data bandwidth constraints, processing requirements, equipment and overhead cost.
    I mean surely the amount of data for for several million users out there is just so microscopic that EA can just wheel dumptrucks of money out there, as many as it take right?

I'm pretty sure its you that doesn't understand how much money this game makes, and the fact that your idea would cost more to implement than the gross profits to date have been.

This game makes approximately 100-150k per day. The cost to run this whole game server side for several million users across the world would cost more than the daily revenue coming in could cover.

I know its hard to conceptualize, but they actually have people at EA who kind of do profit models based on real world numbers and analytics for a living. I know they obviously don't know anywhere near as much, because they are EA, and something something, they are big and rich, so just do it completely based on the premise they "might" be able to make more money off advertisements off of completely unrelated products with 0 statistical analysis, no profit model, no idea what development costs or where in the lifecycle of a product you are, how the product handles data, or really anything other than a percursory opinion on how something would be more enjoyable.

You might as well ask EA for Star Wars battlefronts to be run on a mobile device, because that's more a possibility than what you are asking for here.

And yes, we all would like to battle in real time. If you want that, go find another game, because this one will never have it. The reasons are listed above.

You haven't been ready at all have you. It wouldn't change anything except who you play in GW and Arena, no change to anything else. All they would need is a decent server like they have for the other mobile EA games and have matchmaking. Not a hard concept at all and you guys think it would completely uproot the game. It would only help make the game flow together better and y'all are bagging on it like it would ruin the game.
  • Options
    That cabbage smell is quite pungent
  • Options

Whine much because you lost the last argument. I've stated explicitly how none of what your just said could happen. It's all luck of the draw and unless you form a guild with people solely from your shard to communicate with them then there would be no way to communicate like that. It's shard based and you will only fight players in your shard. Players will be deranked everyday by players of similar rank through GW and you would boost your own rank by playing in the arena like normal. Seriously all you are doing now is whining without reading.

U don't need to be in a guild to communicate with people. Click pvp/rivalry forum.
  • Options
    Bette option. Let us pick out toon's AI target Priority that way the AI doesnt just fire willy nilly everywhere
  • Options

U don't need to be in a guild to communicate with people. Click pvp/rivalry forum.

That still doesn't target people who aren't on the forums. There is no in game chat with shard mates.
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    That cabbage smell is quite pungent

Spam much? It's like you want me submit a report. This is the third exact same comment on a third thread.