Counter v. AoE

With all the Wiggs squads and AoE attackers out there I'm surprised I haven't seen more mass counter squads.

In particular, Ayala. High counter chance with stun? I haven't seen much of her. Would she work great with my Wiggs squad Lando sthan Wiggs? She could stop Lando Wedge JKA in their tracks...

Replies

• Options
    She is great but not on that team. Without a dispeller, assuming a mirror match (minus the aayla) she will just be hitting the opponent sthan and granting tm to the other team
  • Options
    I think that Plo Koon may be the key to a successful Jedi counter team. He would dispel taunt on every counter. Unfortunately, I don't have him leveled and geared to test it, but I think it could be promising.

I would love to hear how a IGD, JKA, Aayla, Plo, Yoda team would do against Wiggs and STH.
  • Options
    Someone in my shard runs a low power ob as aoe counter. Meaning you can't use aoe.
  • Options
    True on the taunter, st han doesn't last too long with my Wiggs though, so if she survives, could be helpful later?

May be why I don't see much of her then.

Old Ben is slow though.
  • Options
    Weezy34 wrote: »
    True on the taunter, st han doesn't last too long with my Wiggs though, so if she survives, could be helpful later?

May be why I don't see much of her then.

Old Ben is slow though.

I think they mean OB will get 1-shot by AoE damage, immediately granting all his death bonuses to the rest of the team
  • Options
    I run anakin(L) with 5s and aayla with QGJ and RG, and extremely rarely lose to wiggs/aoe teams, ima could be pretty cool but my team with rg replaced with sun fac would be pretty ideal but I'm f2p so can't do that. I'm thinking of farming b2 to replace rg as aoe would trig his Tm gain often. But to get back on point yes counter works very well against wiggs/aoe/droids in fact I even target them over other teams and that's without an ideal counter team.
  • Options
    IGD lead with Aayla, QGJ, Kit, and JKA seems to be a pretty good counter team. With all of them able to counter (Aayla 100% chance), Aayla and QGJ calling assists, and Kit double attacking, there's plenty going on. Switching out Plo for JKA as mentioned above sounds like it would work pretty well too, but I have no way to test it.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I had the opposite experience. I tried running (well modded) anakin aayla fives b2 rg and the enemy st han would taunt, aoe would trigger the counters, st han would eat all the counters and give the enemy team a full extra round.

Cant survive 2 rounds of Lando AOE plus wiggs and palp while doing no real damage.

If they un-nerfed counter it'd be great though.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It sounds great in theory but it can't hold up to the current "super aoe" or wiggs teams unfortunately... I've tried all kind of variables on the IGD led team and it is sadly disappointing vs high end "meta" teams