Talk Me Out of Ugnaught

Prev1
So, we've got this new droid raid coming soon, and every enemy is a droid - or a least most of them are. I can't help but look at this dude as the potential Teebo (broadly speaking) of the new raid.

Am I crazy? Could this otherwise spare character be valuable? Anyone have him ready to go?

Replies

• scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Almost there....

U5pyXTx.jpg
  • Options
    Stay on target... (couldn't resist)

I've heard he's a pain to gear - something like 6 raid pieces. How long have you been working on him?
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »

I've heard he's a pain to gear - something like 6 raid pieces. How long have you been working on him?

Yes he has a bunch of raid gear needed. I have only given him the one Droid caller and he needs a scanner and a disc at g9 and 2 discs and a scanner at g10 I have been slowly working on him for months, probably at least 6 months.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Yes he has a bunch of raid gear needed. I have only given him the one Droid caller and he needs a scanner and a disc at g9 and 2 discs and a scanner at g10 I have been slowly working on him for months, probably at least 6 months.

Why would he be any better than Ima, Eath, or the Jawas? Unless his damage is ludicrous he doesn't offer anything other than bonus damage and possible negative status effects to droids. Why?
  • Options

Why would he be any better than Ima, Eath, or the Jawas? Unless his damage is ludicrous he doesn't offer anything other than bonus damage and possible negative status effects to droids. Why?

Look at the Rocket Trooper stage in the update for today. There's 7 droids --> an additional 63% evasion with a 25% tm gain. He'll be attacking a lot - in theory anyway.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Eeth, IGD and jawas r just as effective, plus they get raid bonuses and have faction. Ugnaught has been and will continue to be a waste of time and resources.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Just a heads up, have a look at old bens leader ability then check Ugnaughts unique. Don't tell anyone ok? :smile:
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    63% evasion with tm gain he could theoretically be immortal
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Even though mine is g10 with mods and AOE crits 2.5k
  • Options
    Broda wrote: »
    Even though mine is g10 with mods and AOE crits 2.5k

Wow. A little underwhelming... What does his basic do?
  • Options
    The only thing I think he could be viable for is his AOE stun. Keep the side droids stunned while your DPS toons hit the boss. The evasion aspect sounds neat, especially under an Old Ben lead but I just don't see him being able to cause enough damage (despite the extra tm gains) to be worth the slot.
  • Options
    The only thing I think he could be viable for is his AOE stun. Keep the side droids stunned while your DPS toons hit the boss. The evasion aspect sounds neat, especially under an Old Ben lead but I just don't see him being able to cause enough damage (despite the extra tm gains) to be worth the slot.

Even on his basic, Windu does better damage to everybody if he is above 50% health. Ima has a better buff agains droids on his basic but even with the evasion and TM boost, Urgnaught will be nothing more than a novelty toon that you dump surplus resources in as a last resort.
  • Options
    I decided to go for STH instead. I needed another good scoundrel more than a potential bit player.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I refuse to put any resources in to this little guy and I dont care if I come in last every time, I have many other characters that I use in arena, GW and otherwise that could use the gear.
  • Options
    Ugnaught basic is best used vs droids. His AOE is just bonus. Properly modded, his basic hit 10 to 12k critical on droids
  • Options
    ChaosDoom wrote: »
    Ugnaught basic is best used vs droids. His AOE is just bonus. Properly modded, his basic hit 10 to 12k critical on droids

???? When has this ever happened? Do you have a pic or video of this actually happening?
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

75% chance to stun all droids with his AoE
    9% evasion per Droid

Never said he would be better than anybody, simply answered the OP questions, but I can say I will be giving the anti Droid character a try in a raid battle with a bunch of droids.

IMO farm the characters you want to farm, that is how it should be.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

???? When has this ever happened? Do you have a pic or video of this actually happening?

Just look at the numbers.
    His basic damage max gear and level is 4041, not sure what it was prior to new cap but I don't see it being too much lower

X2 vs droids = 8082 non crit
    8082*1.5 = 12123 crit before armor
    Vs average armor of 20% 9698k crit damaged vs Droid before even being modded. So 10-12k I could easily see it.
  • Options

His basic damage max gear and level is 4041, not sure what it was prior to new cap but I don't see it being too much lower

Vs average armor of 20% 9698k crit damaged vs Droid before even being modded. So 10-12k I could easily see it.

You are right scuba. Check his basic modifier in swgoh.gg and that's what make me max him. In preparation for the new raid.
  • Options

I've never seen an Urgnaught do anything close to 4041 damage on basic. Some video proof would be nice showing this off. Even if it's against the AI it would still be nice to see. If that is the case then he might actually be worth investing in.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I've never seen an Urgnaught do anything close to 4041 damage on basic. Some video proof would be nice showing this off. Even if it's against the AI it would still be nice to see. If that is the case then he might actually be worth investing in.

The number comes off the. GG site. I don't have him maxed. I do understand it hard to believe because it is ugnaught but the basic numbers have been right for all others I give the benefit of the doubt to swgoh.gg numbers.

Edit: I will try to throw some mods on mine tomorrow in gw
  • Options
    0It702R.jpg
    I love bad ideas.
    #IntergalacticSpaceSlugForever
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

@JediGhost117

Mine is missing 2 raid gear which will make him hit harder

eMoRDyE.png

vs L80/7*G10 IG88 (Armor 26.2%)
    5kOxuDE.png
    Z5vn4yo.png

vs L70/7*/G8 IG86 (Armor 22.91%)
    VBB2IEu.png

bXDNTk5.png
  • Options
    Ugnaught will be an excellent choice for the new raid. The real question though, is which lineup does he fit in? Do you take out one of your 5 jawas and replace with Ugnaught? Do you put him in with a bunch of Jedis? Since he has absolutely zero synergies with anyone/everything, you can pretty much resign yourself to mixed squads if you're going to use Ugnaught.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing - in fact, it's entirely possible (even likely) that mixed squads will be the way to go in the new raid - but something worth considering. I'm already strongly considering replacing JE in my Jawas squad with Ewok Elder for the revive and cleansing utility, and I'm sure that whenever the meta for the new raid finally gets established, it will be likely to require at least some mixing.

Personally, I think he fits best in a lineup based around evasion, such as Old Ben (L), Ugnaught, Luminara, IGD, JKA, or something like that. I would add Palpatine or Jawa or Dathcha if another AoE stun is needed, probably giving preference to Palpatine if only to allow Jawa and Dathcha to have their synergies as part of an all-Jawas squad (don't forget Jawa gets a similar evasion bonus to Ugnaught, but only when other Jawas are present).
  • Options
    I honestly don't see how anyone can look at Ugnaught's abilities and think that he would not be good in the AAT tank raid. Anyone saying otherwise either doesn't know what they're talking about or they are deliberately trolling people trying to keep them from farming Ugnaught for some reason.
  • Options
    I am 10 Shards short of Uganaught at 7 star, and one set of stun cuffs short of gear 9.

For me AOE stun will be very useful in the comming raid... So the choice is Jawas or UGnaught.

Below are my with Ugnaught for the raid, over Jawas...

1) Durability... With high Evasion, he has a better chance to stay alive. Yes Jawa's have that potency bonus, but that does not help you if you need two healers to keep them from dying. My guess is JAWAs will be targeted first by raid mobs.

2) Defense Down vs Droids on Primary... This affect is often overlooked on plasma, But as raid bosses do have high Armor this can mean 20% more damage for your entire party.

3) Damage, ok his damage is not UBER, but it on par or better then JAWAs....
  • Options
    Just playing devil's advocate here since I have an all-Jawas squad:

Jawas have increased potency, making their AoE stuns and ability blocks actually useful. Ugnaught will not get these bonuses. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that 2 healers are needed, but if that's the case, then probably everyone other than Jedis will need lots of healing.

Just as important is the fact that Jawas get an additional assist once per turn. Again, no bonus for Ugs.

Dathcha's leader ability gives his entire squad the ability to inflict defense-down, whereas Ugnaught can only do this on his primary. He also gives a small TM reduction chance to allies, but that probably will be negligible given the TM reduction resistance/immunity in the new raid.

Ugnaught's damage is definitely on par with most Jawas. I would argue that Jawa is better though, since I've regularly seen him crit for as much as 20k on his basic when negative statuses have been applied.

Jawas all have numerous synergies with one-another. Since Ugnaught has no faction, he gets zero synergies.

Jawa gets a similar evasion bonus to Ugnaught's, though admittedly it's not as good. However, we still don't know exactly how good evasion will be in the raid, and we already know that there are unavoidable attacks that will strike in various phases, meaning that unless you have good buffs and cleansing abilities, evasion and TM gain may not help as much as you want it to.

My overall analysis of Ugnaught is that while he seems like an excellent choice for the AAT tank raid, he probably fits best in a Jedi lineup that lacks AoE stuns, preferably with Old Ben (L) and Kit Fisto for additional evasion/TM gain and potency. This also prevents you from having to break up your jawas. ;^]
  • Options
    Nice thread. Thanks for the pics @scuba.

I'm gonna need a new squad shipments farm soon and have been on the fence about Ugnaught.

Sold at this point. Looks like he'll be nice in the new raid and that's pretty much all I plan on using him for.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Nice thread. Thanks for the pics scuba.

I'm gonna need a new squad shipments farm soon and have been on the fence about Ugnaught.

Sold at this point. Looks like he'll be nice in the new raid and that's pretty much all I plan on using him for.

He is a niche character and if a droid raid is not his Niche i don't know what else would be.
  • Options

@JediGhost117

Mine is missing 2 raid gear which will make him hit harder

eMoRDyE.png

vs L80/7*G10 IG88 (Armor 26.2%)
    5kOxuDE.png
    Z5vn4yo.png

vs L70/7*/G8 IG86 (Armor 22.91%)
    VBB2IEu.png

bXDNTk5.png

Wow, he might actually be worth the investment then. Still going to be hard for most to actually spend the credits and time on him though.