Mods: Swap protection/health #'s?

With protection higher then health now with all the increases to gearing. Why not swap the health+ % with the protection? So 23.5% health up and 5.88% protection up. I feel like it'd help people struggling in GW for sure. As you can get health back but not protection. It also might make Healers a bit more viable in arena. Maybe not at the very top but more useful then they are now. Not sure if this has been brought up before but with protection just going up and up and up, health/healers are almost pointless.

Replies

• Options
    The numbers are the way they are just for that reason. If my RG had his numbers swapped, he'd have 50k+ health, and that just absurd if you can heal those numbers. Even as he stands now, with 80k+ combined, it's just wrong.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    The only character that benefits from health primaries is Emperor Palpatine. But only if he is Leader and is getting that +32% max health. Protection primaries will still net him a little bit more life, but max health is health you can heal and he has an awesome self heal. Plus if your running RG with him, the health up from RG's skill makes up that difference.

Unfortunately I ran these numbers before the level cap raise and his new gear level. So with the new gear level I'm betting protection primaries are going to net him more life even with RG's health up. Personally I still prefer HP I can heal, especially since he has that self heal and heals 20% max health when he inflicts a debuff which he does every turn.
  • Options
    Health primaries are better for lower geared toons, just pointing that out. So for a beginning player a health primary is actually a better choice up to about gear VII.
  • Options
    Although I can understand your point about protection primaries being way stronger than health, I also understand why they did it that way because health can be healed and protection can't. A lot of characters have crazy self too. Can you imagine a 50k health Sun Fac self healing for 10k every time he used his basic to dispel? Guy would be almost impossible to take down.

I don't think that the irrelevance of healers is due to health being low, rather I think it has to do with most characters having strong self healing capabilities. Rey, for example has 10% life steal. A really strong flurry of blows can take her from nearly red to green health, even though you don't think of her as a typical healing character.