Mace Windu dispel.

Do dispel attacks still have to go through the tencity/potency calculation to see if they proc?

I find that QGJ for example dispels 100% of the time (unless he misses), whereas Mace seems to rarely dispel with his "Smite" attack.

Am I missing something?

Replies

• Options
    I think potency/tenacity check for dispel have been reintroduced recently.
  • Options
    Krokovich wrote: »
    I think potency/tenacity check for dispel have been reintroduced recently.

Any chance of a source or anything? Seems unlikely since, as I mentioned, QGJ seems to dispel every time.

Though he does have very high potency, 100% seems a little unrealistic.
  • Options
    No source just observation, sorry.

My StHan resists dispels from qgj or sun fac at times.

Mace I never see so can't really tell. Haven't seen b2 mass dispel being resisted though so maybe I'm seeing dodges after all?

• Options

Mace I never see so can't really tell. Haven't seen b2 mass dispel being resisted though so maybe I'm seeing dodges after all?

It could be dodges, aye. Needs more testing, but of course I've already done my GW for the day...
  • Options

It could be dodges, aye. Needs more testing, but of course I've already done my GW for the day...

Ooohwee. I'll throw fac in for gw when I do it and report back later.
  • Options
    Oooohwee. Quick question. Was it vs chewie lead? The defense up can be reapplied right after the dispel.
  • Options
    It was vs. Chewie lead, against Chewie himself.

That could explain it.
  • Options
    It was vs. Chewie lead, against Chewie himself.

That could explain it.

Ooohwee. Yeah that's a hard one to notice a dispel on. The only way I actually know when I'm using fac vs chewie lead is the way that he gains health from dispels.
  • Options
    It's my understanding that some things can't be dispelled, unless they changed that in the last few months.

Another unique case is Savage. If you dispell him, his unique procs after the hit and grants him his buffs again.
  • Options
    If you're both right then it seems to me that they should change the order of effects from an attack from dispel then damage, to damage then dispel.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    If you're both right then it seems to me that they should change the order of effects from an attack from dispel then damage, to damage then dispel.

They changed it to the current order because previously qgj could "dispel" an unbuffed savage and the team would gain offense up. Remember when that was considered op? Lol.

As it stands, the only thing that prevents a dispel is dodge. The chewy d up is dispelled then immediately re applied.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dispell doesn't (unless they changed it) go through potency/tenacity. It can only miss the attack and not happen.

The chewie thing sounds like an example where it might appear to not happen but just too fast to tell.

Potency/tenacity only effect debuffs, dispell is not a debuff.