Dooku got a major speed buff with his new gear.

War
932 posts Member
swgoh.gg just updated with the stat raised from the new gear, and in terms of speed the one that stood out for me is Dooku now sitting at second fastest with 167 base speed. He was already fast before but now he's faster than Rey and Leia who appear to have not had any new speed gear.

I make a point of not chasing metas and running who I want. Which for me is Empire, even back when the cap was 60 and Vader was best Empire lead. But with EP lead granting him +32% max health and potency, along with him healing 20% max health when he places debuffs. I may need to consider him over some of the lesser performing Imp attackers.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? I know he's already a super viable character, more so than the toons I run, minus EP who is arguably better. What I'm wondering is whether he'll be top tier meta like Rex, Wiggs, and Lando.

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    He could move at 300, his damage is still regrettably low and TFP will b moving at that speed and is Empire. That would b my choice.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    He could move at 300, his damage is still regrettably low and TFP will b moving at that speed and is Empire. That would b my choice.

I mostly said I would consider him to make a point that he's going to be awesome with his new speed. TFP is definitely who I'll grab for a high speed attacker, but Dooku's speed and counter attack are major boons for a slow Empire team. I get five guys, and only EP, Vader, and RG are permanents in my squad. That leaves two spots open, only one of which will go to TFP.

Looking through other characters getting significantly better with the new gear is Veers, who is my favorite Imperial Officer. If he gets a much needed buff, preferably something like his basic grants all Empire allies speed up, he'll be taking that fifth spot no question.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have a 3* gear X Shoretrooper that hits like Dooku, plus starts with taunt, heals his team, hands out crit down which destroys Wiggs/Lando...Dooku doesn't deserve a spot over him. Dooku is worse than snowtrooper who can deliver 8k on an aoe. If u wanna run him, that's on u. U asked a question, i answered.

EP (L)
    Vader
    ShoT
    TFP
    B2

There's a team that will stop the meta dead whether it's Wiggs or Rex
  • Options
    stuff about new gear I found out
    Darth maul is no longer the frailest character in the game (was around 9K before)
    JLw9QcY.jpg
    He's still bottom in protection though
    Shoretrooper has the highest health (sun fac still wins in protection)
    Darth sidious has 22% potency now
    New raid gear kings are boba, sidious, and gunray all needing 7
    All characters go to 11
    14 characters don't need any gold gear at all
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    stuff about new gear I found out
    Darth maul is no longer the frailest character in the game (was around 9K before)
    JLw9QcY.jpg
    He's still bottom in protection though
    Shoretrooper has the highest health (sun fac still wins in protection)
    Darth sidious has 22% potency now
    New raid gear kings are boba, sidious, and gunray all needing 7
    All characters go to 11
    14 characters don't need any gold gear at all

Haha nice @AimingForGaming will be happy.
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Options
    I agree Dooku is probably the most intriguing character who will be getting new gear levels, along with Sarge

First move stun on 1, possible 2 people is pretty nice.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    I have a 3* gear X Shoretrooper that hits like Dooku, plus starts with taunt, heals his team, hands out crit down which destroys Wiggs/Lando...Dooku doesn't deserve a spot over him. Dooku is worse than snowtrooper who can deliver 8k on an aoe. If u wanna run him, that's on u. U asked a question, i answered.

EP (L)
    Vader
    ShoT
    TFP
    B2

There's a team that will stop the meta dead whether it's Wiggs or Rex
    j

@Poxx please elaborate if you don't mind
    I have some trouble with lando wiggs that are too speedy and as it happened I have Vader ep b2 all 7* maxed. Shot at 3 stars loaded with protection and I'm not sure who tft is ?
    Please elaborate how this team defeats meta teams, what's the process and who is tft

Thanks

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Dooku going first? Meh. When Ben lead is meta, again, or any jedi team, really, this may mean something. It's not like Dooku gives TM or does anything useful, other than counterattack.

Anni is meta. And stunning anni might mean something, if it weren't for Rex. Sorry, Dooku is as useless as Zam, until there is a counter for Rex.

I think a toon that gives lead skill "plus 20% offense for every enemy toon with tenacity up" might work.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Sorry, Dooku is as useless as Zam, until there is a counter for Rex.
    B2 is a counter for Rex. As soon as he tenacity ups, B2 will dispel it.
  • Options
    Right, cause stunning rex or biggs +1 as the first move in the match would be so bad and is useless. Ill keep that in mind the next time.

Counter attacking JKA for a stun after aoe, or landing a couple dodges to keep the lando train from moving could never have a place either. I guess I'll just bench him alongside Rey.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You gonna use lightning to stun Rex, first move? Have fun with that 40% chance before tenacity check. And the unstoppable force of Rex getting his second move in the blink of an eye, anyway.

You gonna try to stun Biggs, first move? Ok... maybe you didn't think that thru, all the way.

Also, stunning JKA AFTER the AOE is nice, if it happens.. and if Rex isn't ready to unleash round two of SD. But the second AOE is what I'm trying to stop, not the attack after.

In the meantime, Dooku counter is ok. But fact that it is two hits and two chances to poke ST Han or proc crits for Rex lead or fill B2 TM is bad.
    B2 is a counter for Rex. As soon as he tenacity ups, B2 will dispel it.
    Spoken like someone that runs Rex.

Until AFTER B2 dispels tencacity up, toons like uber speed first-strike Dooku are useless.

Dooku was one of the first toons I max geared. I have used him against Rex lead... and he was good for lead skill before the new meta toons arrived. I have tried him to counter Anni. Against Rex lead, Dooku is not going to be very useful.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    I don't run Rex. I run Palpatine lead with RG, Vader, Magmatrooper, and B2. I regularly defeat Rex teams, because of B2's dispel. I do drop into the 20s on defense, but I'm back in the top 10 the next day.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Until AFTER B2 dispels tencacity up, toons like uber speed first-strike Dooku are useless.

Dooku was one of the first toons I max geared. I have used him against Rex lead... and he was good for lead skill before the new meta toons arrived. I have tried him to counter Anni. Against Rex lead, Dooku is not going to be very useful.

Dooku going first and stunning people will prompt the AI to use Rex's tenacity up. That allows you to then use B2's mow-down early. Otherwise, Anni hits his AOE, gives offense up, and you're stuck with it until Rex uses his tenacity up.

Where Dooku hurts you is against Stormtrooper Han. I love seeing Dooku because Lando's AOE causes the counter, which gives me turn meter.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Are you guys seriously seeing Dookus on your shard(s)? I haven't seen any in top 10 or 20 for a very long time. I might have missed out on some but definitely not a team I would be worried about.