New take on Counters/Assists

DingleTingle
210 posts Member
edited January 2016
Counters and assists should be reconfigured. Instead of using the characters first ability, there should be a base attack damage formula with no negative/passive effects applied. Others may disagree, but I think it is quite ridiculous that after one round a team including but not limited to: Princess Leia, First Order TIE Pilot, Captain Phasma, Poe Dameron/Clone Wars Chewbacca, ... There are a few variations but that seems to be the most common. These teams can decimate 2 to 4 characters on a team in the first round.
Bye Forums.

New take on Counters/Assists 44 votes

Yes
13% 6 votes
No
54% 24 votes
I like turtles
31% 14 votes

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I died when I read Chewacca in a list with Leia/FOTP
  • Options
    I had to choose, 'I like turtles' but mark me down for no.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I had to choose, 'I like turtles' but mark me down for no.

And a no for me but im 50/50 on the turtles.
  • Options
    2344517066_polls_i_like_turtles_4958_207342_answer_3_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg
  • Options
    I don't understand. What does counters and assists have to do with the Poe/FOTP/Leia combo??? None of those characters have that ability. I'm sorry that appears to be the best defense right now but it isn't the only one and it isn't the end all be all. It is beatable. Heck, there are better options to that combo that people aren't talking about or haven't realized to be honest.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    No, but man I Love turtles!
  • DingleTingle
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I don't understand. What does counters and assists have to do with the Poe/FOTP/Leia combo??? None of those characters have that ability. I'm sorry that appears to be the best defense right now but it isn't the only one and it isn't the end all be all. It is beatable. Heck, there are better options to that combo that people aren't talking about or haven't realized to be honest.

They get a multi-hit combo because of their first ability. I've seen Princess Leia & First Order TIE Pilot kill 2 people in the first round. That is quite amazing each dealing a cumulative 9 to 11K twice in one round.
    Bye Forums.
  • Options
    Attack assist should be pulled entirely. It's a crutch ruining the game. No reason to play to win if everyone has to have the same team with Phasma in front. Way too much in game power for the unknown characters of a mediocre sequel as well. It is laughable how ridiculously powerful all of the Force Awakens characters are, with Rey and Phasma at the top of the list. So much for SWGoH.
  • Options
    Yadda_123 wrote: »
    Attack assist should be pulled entirely. It's a crutch ruining the game. No reason to play to win if everyone has to have the same team with Phasma in front. Way too much in game power for the unknown characters of a mediocre sequel as well. It is laughable how ridiculously powerful all of the Force Awakens characters are, with Rey and Phasma at the top of the list. So much for SWGoH.

Rey and Phasma above Poe?
  • Options
    Yes, Poe, First Order Tie Pilot. I have Secura who has Attack Assist but there is no quick free way t get her above three stars. I don't mean to complain but I have a top tier team and I've lost the last four Galactic Wars to Phasma teams. They wipe out my first, second, and third lines and I'm throwing two star Ewoks at them. Just ridiculous at this point.
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just need to build my own Phasma team or accept that everyone else will to compete, and therein lies my frustration. I'd like to see a game with inventive and diverse teams pitting one strategy versus another.