Beginners Guide

I'm going to throw together a quick beginners guid for the current state of the game particularly pertaining to arena. This squad should get you off to a great start with descent longevity.

Cantina Farm: Lando. Not much to really explain here. He is available early with a scoundrel and rebel tag. He will help bring in credits and will be the center of the squad.

Arena:STH. Once again very little to explain. He's Lando's PIC most event and will pair well with Lando's lead ability.

GW: Biggs. He will fit in with this rebel squad but his main draw is that he is easy to gear. Lando and STH are great but they eat furnaces for breakfast. Biggs will help balance out your gear grind.

Cantina Credits: QGJ. Unlike the others in this squad QGJ is a caller baby so you should have an easy time gearing him with the rest of your squad. His dispell is essential and he has a crazy amount of gear that fits on him.

Raid Store: Rey. Rey is falling down the boards a little bit she is probably your best option to avoid overlapping with starring characters from then same shope. She is great in raids and GW.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If only we there was a place for this not in general chat.....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/guides

Sorry had to do it.

Side note. Nice, and always good to see ppl willing to help and not just troll.... :neutral:
  • Options
    I pretty much agree with this but keep in mind you can't get STHan or Lando to gear 8 until level 65 and 66 respectively. You will feel it as people get their Old Ben's and 5's and Luminara's to G8 weeks before you can G8 yours.

If you are going for Jawa Engineer early on and can't farm Rey, then unlock Geonosian Soldier and get him to 3* before unlocking Lando. He's probably your second DPS option early game and he has good longevity as well.

As far as mods go, I think a good goal if you are going for Lando lead is to unlcock crit chance mod challenges and don't worry about progressing from their until you get him up to 5* or 6*.

At that point spend a decent amount of energy farming 4dot health mods and 3dot crit chance mods. Also keep an eye out in mod shipments for speed primary arrow mods.

88 is great for scoundrels and droid team but you will have to pick between him and STH/Ackbar.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    My advice would be to farm Sid, Jedi Consular, Lumi, Boba and Savage Oppress so that everyone can feel the pain we all did when we found out how much time we'd wasted.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    My advice would be to farm Sid, Jedi Consular, Lumi, Boba and Savage Oppress so that everyone can feel the pain we all did when we found out how much time we'd wasted.

:D Sooooooooo true!
  • Options

Lol my Sid has 1 very particular use. I use him in raids because for the first 12 hours we can only attack with one toon and he's fast enough to hit the pig and get some points on the board.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Lol my Sid has 1 very particular use. I use him in raids because for the first 12 hours we can only attack with one toon and he's fast enough to hit the pig and get some points on the board.

I used him on my GW node 10 suicide squad today for the first time since May? He served his one and only purpose in today's game - he died.
  • Options

JC, Lumi & Savage are all solid toons. JC & Lumi are important for GW, especially for early game. I still use JC or Lumi in GW for about 10-11 nodes. Savage is solid. Great health, can hit hard & gains TM and strength when hit. Is he a game changer? No, but a solid toon throughout the game. Lots of TM gain when paired with Ben(L) btw.
  • Options
    Apoc88 wrote: »

JC, Lumi & Savage are all solid toons. JC & Lumi are important for GW, especially for early game. I still use JC or Lumi in GW for about 10-11 nodes. Savage is solid. Great health, can hit hard & gains TM and strength when hit. Is he a game changer? No, but a solid toon throughout the game. Lots of TM gain when paired with Ben(L) btw.

Now think about arena and see if you would still call them solid toons...
  • Options
    For a beginner, I'd maybe suggest to farm Dengar from Guild shop, as he is a scoundrel and pairs good with Lando and ST Han.

Rey is dropping like a rock in arena, but then again "Do not chase the meta!"
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I've got a gear 10 Lumi, gear 10 Savage, gear 9 JC, they are about as solid as Baby food.
  • Options
    The only advice i would give is to build a scoundrel team asap.
    Lando and sth are must haves, rest is up to what comes on your path.

I neglected scoundrels and missed a lot of credits due to not being able to get max rewards in credit heist.

So try to obtain a decent scoundrel team, then rebels. Worry about arena later.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The only advice i would give is to build a scoundrel team asap.
    Lando and sth are must haves, rest is up to what comes on your path.

I neglected scoundrels and missed a lot of credits due to not being able to get max rewards in credit heist.

So try to obtain a decent scoundrel team, then rebels. Worry about arena later.

+1 As a Droid user this is true...
    order of priority...
    #1 scoundrels- lando/sthan/88 must haves
    #2 rebels-wedge/biggs/lando (aka wiggdo)
    #3 up to you...Droids are consistently solid, ewoks dominate rancor raid, jedi are decent enough.

Protip...healing is not a big deal...don't focus too much on it. overall ewok elder/Jawa engineer/daka are your best healer types. Don't go too crazy on other healers.
  • Options
    Apoc88 wrote: »

Now think about arena and see if you would still call them solid toons...

For a top 10 team no way. But early mid game they are great. You're not getting through GW everyday without healers so for begginers they are solid toons in GW, Arena, Cantina battles, Challenges, etc.. I'm glad I got these toons and I still use them. Maybe not in Arena but in other areas yeah.
  • Options
    As for healers: Im very happy i have lumi at 7*. She s a big help in gw. Use her in the easier nodes to heal my squad. Jc is a waste of oxygen: low heal and hits like a wet noodle.