Speed Secondary Mod question...

Broda
310 posts Member
I've been refreshing mods constantly and can't seem to get literally any of them. I was wondering, for the mod to have a high speed secondary, does it need to say +X speed as a secondary before you upgrade it at all?

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Yea
  • Options
    In my experience I've had mods which start with a +X speed as a secondary and end up worse than ones that obtained it in later level ups
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Yea

Gotcha. Guess I have awful luck
  • Options
    Yes, you can't get high speed secondaries unless they start with a secondary.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Broda wrote: »
    Yea

Gotcha. Guess I have awful luck

I know your struggles too bro.
  • Options
    Wasn't there some data post saying that blue mods with speed secondary had the best chance to get upgraded further?
  • Kohgahn
    78 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I was exceedingly lucky to draw an Arrow mod that maxed with +19 Speed!
    It just makes me want to set my head on fire & put it out with a hammer....because it's on a 1* Def mod...
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Sayuloveit wrote: »
    Wasn't there some data post saying that blue mods with speed secondary had the best chance to get upgraded further?

I just got a green one with a +4 secondary and fully upgraded it turned to +7. I was like are you kidding me?
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely seems to be a lot of confusion on how things work...I don't even know where to begin
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    Definitely seems to be a lot of confusion on how things work...I don't even know where to begin

Thanks for your insightful comment
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Kohgahn wrote: »
    It just makes me want to set my head on fire & put it out with a hammer....because it's on a 1* Def mod...

+17 speed primary, 1* , defense mod type?
  • Options
    Found a blue mod with protection and speed secondaries... upgraded and it bumped up protection twice :(
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    From my observations...

Mods receive 4 secondary stats when leveling from level 1 to 15.

Mods generally always have 4 secondary stats once fully upgraded at level 15.

IF a mod starts at level 1 with one or more stats already, those stats have a chance to be upgraded once the level is hit where a secondary is normally added.

The more secondary stats on a level 1 mod the more times a particular state COULD be upgraded. This seems completely random.

If you have a gold level 1 with 4 stats, in theory one of those stats could be upgraded 4 times. Obviously you would have to be really luck to get a 25% RNG 4 times in a row.

Most cases it is some combination with RNG... Getting 1 state upgraded twice while 2 others get one upgrade is more common etc.

There is all sorts of RNG making uber ones rare.

You have to get a yellow mod with secondaries you like
    The right secondaries then also have to be upgraded.

As for the comment about lesser colored mods being better? That could be... If you get a blue with only 2 secondaries, I believe you have a 25% chance (50% twice) of getting one upgraded twice and if both are good stats its sorta a win win.

I am pretty sure the first secondaries applied are the upgrades... So if you have 2 secondaries at level one... your first two upgrades will be uprades and the last two will be new. aka you won't get a new stat and then it would upgrade... only existing stats at level 1 upgrade.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

From what I have seen primary stats seem to be set... their value is set by dots and level, so no RND involved other than getting the speed primary vs other stats.

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Twin wrote: »

From what I have seen primary stats seem to be set... their value is set by dots and level, so no RND involved other than getting the speed primary vs other stats.

They are set.
    24?
  • Options
    Just spend lots and upgrade every mod. Easiest way of seeing secondaries
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Best speed secondary I've gotten is 12. I have seen as high as 20 though. The blue mods seem to have the best chance for these higher numbers (just got a two time boost to Protection on one of them, went from 400-something to 1100-something).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »

They are set.
    24?

@Mullato

I don't have any 3dot or 5dot mods but I can confirm that 4dot speed primaries are +24
  • Options
    That's strange as my Lando has 4* arrow with +26 speed.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Biermann wrote: »
    That's strange as my Lando has 4* arrow with +26 speed.

Yeah, 4* Primary Speed is 26. Not sure about the Secondary Speeds though.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    The highest secondary speed known to swgoh.gg is 27.

Gold mod, starts with +5 speed, had 4 speed upgrades of 6 6 5 5.
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    The highest secondary speed known to swgoh.gg is 27.

Gold mod, starts with +5 speed, had 4 speed upgrades of 6 6 5 5.

That's insane....