Suggestion- Gift a friend crystals option

Prev1
This would be a good option to have if anyone want to help out a friend or guild buddy.

You can put limits on transfer if required.

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with that is you can just make alt accounts and farm crystals to transfer to your main. It also causes exploit/hack issues that wouldn't otherwise exist.

If you want to sugardaddy/momma someone, buy them an itunes/google giftcard.

• Options
    Agree this would just cause alt accounts. I loved the guild request option until it became completely obvious that everyone is short the same purple gear. I would suggest a guild build a gear store. It lets us all donate the odds and ends we have to a larger loot crate that once created just gives everyone in the guild a loot crate with them a random purple gear/part.
  • Options
    +1 on the iTunes gift cards.

You could also do this remotely by just giving somebody the code on the card. Pretty sure there's a global black market based around that concept but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done legitimately lol
  • Options
    Yeah but this would be nice to have in the game for all the people that are sick and tired of the way we players are treated and decided to quite the game and still have crystals they could at least give them to some one at that point.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    The problem with that is you can just make alt accounts and farm crystals to transfer to your main. It also causes exploit/hack issues that wouldn't otherwise exist.

Paranoid about hacks much?

Did you read the statement about putting limits?

If you put a 100 or 50 crystals limit for 24 hours....which hacker is motivated to sit there and click "give me crystals" button every 24 hours.

Yah really genius idea about iTunes cards. :D:D:D

My post was about a in-game feature to share in-game currency, similar to how gear pieces are donated.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I think if you wanted to buy a friend crystals, it could work. When purchasing crystals, game asks if its for yourself or a friend. If for a friend, just input ally code.

Gold farmers and the like are why we can't have nice things though.
  • Options

If you put a 100 or 50 crystals limit for 24 hours....which hacker is motivated to sit there and click "give me crystals" button every 24 hours.

My post was about a in-game feature to share in-game currency, similar to how gear pieces are donated.

Ya Apple is paranoid about that and EA is going to play by their rules at the end of the day.

You may not like the gift card idea, it's just the closest thing to what you're looking for that is likely to ever exist.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    This would be a good option to have if anyone want to help out a friend or guild buddy.

You can put limits on transfer if required.

I think that the trades should be limited to guild members. Some of the guild challenges require a lot of active members (of which many guilds fit the bill) to meet quota but other younger or less active guilds struggle with those challenges (namely DS and LS which require 2500 energy to meet Tier I requirements). Giving crystals to those members could allow for more refreshes and better chances to meet the quotas.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Just make so that you can purchase cystals and send them to another person then there is no alt problem and it makes money for cg
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

We get exactly what you're saying. And this genius would be highly motivated to add an alt acount the instant that was added. I'd do the bare minimum daily activity in a few min, and and have a steady source of 50 free crystals a day. I think your idea should be implemented immediately so I can get the free 18,250 crystals per year from exploiting it.
  • Options
    Darken26 wrote: »
    Just make so that you can purchase cystals and send them to another person then there is no alt problem and it makes money for cg

Ooohwee. Then you start getting all of the forum threads that say, "I put in the wrong ally code..." or "my friend said they didn't get their crystals." Honestly, this should just be untouched.
  • Options
    Huh....where is exploit if you limit to guild members.

This function is already implemented for guild gear sharing.

If guild member a wants to give 50 crystals to guild member b within 24 hour limit, where is the hack?.

You are not purchasing crystals for someone else but just sharing what you already have.

Click guild member, select up to 50 crystals. Submit.
  • Options
    It actually exists indirectly.
    Let your buddies donate gear to you, you will have better chars.
    Better chars > better arena rank
    Better arena..... You got the idea
  • Options
    Debating hypothetical fraud schemes on the forum is a bad idea
  • Options

If guild member a wants to give 50 crystals to guild member b within 24 hour limit, where is the hack?.

You are not purchasing crystals for someone else but just sharing what you already have.

We very often have 1 open space. I'm a leader in my guild. I can take 4 seconds to bring an alt account in, 30 sec to do a few dailys, tap one time to gift my main account, and have an exploitable source of free daily crystals. I'd happily keep a space open for my whole guild to do it. I'll swap alts in for them all day.

I detest doing GW, but the only reason I don't just auto through what I can in 5 min is the 25 crystals I get for doing the whole thing. If I'll **** away 30-45 min on a daily chore I hate for 25 crystals you better believe I'll jump through a few hoops to gift myself 50.

Have you seen the lengths people go to cheat the system to get guild coins? No hacking needed. We just learn the rules, and take all we can within what the game allows. We flow like water into every unintended crack the developers didn't think about. We're the reason you can't have nice stuff.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

Mynd actually has the right idea if you were to want to implement sharing of that kind. That's how Riot handles it with League of Legends, and I assume how other companies do as well. They don't want you transferring currency you have on hand. Letting people transfer what they have leads to claims of hacks (legitimate or not), alt farming, purchase splitting and more.

Allowing you to gift crystals only as new purchases solves almost all the problems and is pretty profitable for companies.
  • Options
    Hmmm.
    Why is there no hack issues for gear donation but uproar for crystals?

If you ever played WoW....both these items are exploited.

@EA_Jesse - please share your thoughts on this.
    Why can't we help our guild mates with some crystals.

Maybe the GM wants to reward his top performers with a 50 crystals gift....
  • Options
    Ha. You think people aren't exploiting that too? At no point did I say they shouldn't add your idea. I just find your dismissal of the idea that it isn't a nearly effortless way to get thousands of free crystals for dedicated exploiters to be a gross overestimation of the goodness of humanity.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Probably because you can only gift a single piece of relevant gear a day. I suppose if you could only gift 5 crystals a day it might be below the effort threshold for alt farming, but overall mobile games generally try to discourage the alt farming that's so prevalent in MMO's given the different business models. Hack claims (not even legitimate hacks, but dealing with claims) can me a nuisance for companies, but alt farming directly effects the bottom line.

MMOs want to keep you engaged as long as possible, so alt characters are beneficial and a pretty standard component built into any account. Mobile games want you to spend as much as possible, and alts provide a way to spend less and play more.
  • Options
    There is an easy way to solve this problem and make everyone happy you know
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just make it so it can only be purchased crystals and then no need to worry about alt accounts.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Just make it so it can only be purchased crystals and then no need to worry about alt accounts.

Yep exactly my point :D
  • Options
    I believe we're on the same page then.
    Allowing you to gift crystals only as new purchases solves almost all the problems and is pretty profitable for companies.

• Options
    Nooooooooooooo. People will have 5,000 alt accounts sending bits and pieces to their mains. Didnt read thread so if this echos anyone, I agree.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hmmm.

If you ever played WoW....both these items are exploited...
    So you understand how it's exploitable...and keep insisting, at the same time, that it's not? :worried:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Hmmm.

If you ever played WoW....both these items are exploited...
    So you understand how it's exploitable...and keep insisting, at the same time, that it's not? :worried:
    But WoW and swgoh is not the same...not even close.

All accounts are tied to iTunes or gplay with payment card info.
    Too much effort for little benefit to hack or exploit.

The player base is quite different too.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

Mercs..... Mercs everywhere..
    Res non verba
  • Options
    I've seen this kill a lot of games, it's too easy to exploit, obviously...
  • Options
    Darken26 wrote: »

Ooohwee. Then you start getting all of the forum threads that say, "I put in the wrong ally code..." or "my friend said they didn't get their crystals." Honestly, this should just be untouched.

+1
  • thecr0w
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

can be solved by general rule added to ToS: think before you act.

"incorrect ally code" is your own fault, we WILL NOT deal with any of this - consider it you gave crystals to random guy. end of story.