So.... Chromium packs....

Broda
310 posts Member
Are chromium exclusive toons drop percentages greater than toons that aren't chromium exclusive? This kind of seems to be the case.... Any insight please

Replies

• Options
    They definitely were far higher percentages for me. Seems like every pack has a few of Rex/Sun Fac/Cody/Echo/Maul/Zam and then a few non-chomium guys.
  • Options
    No

You will get strictly P2P toons, since getting you a 4* P2P toon is likely to make you pay more in the future to keep your original purchase relevant.

But you'll get plenty of F2P toons too.

Chromiums make sense if you're comfortable spending money on this game consistently over time and aren't looking for a specific character. If either of those things aren't true stay away.
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    No

You will get strictly P2P toons, since getting you a 4* P2P toon is likely to make you pay more in the future to keep your original purchase relevant.

Chromiums make sense if you're comfortable spending money on this game consistently over time and aren't looking for a specific character. If either of those things aren't true stay away.

So you're saying I would be smarter to purchase sun fac from shipments?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Broda wrote: »
    No

It's a guaranteed 4 shards for 320 crystals. A chromium pack of 8 is 2520 crystals and you *may* get SF shards that exceed the shipments by a sizeable margin but you are as likely as to get Maul or Rex or other character shards instead. Admittedly I got my SF to 6 stars by the pack of 8 method but now I am only buying him in shipments to get him to 7*.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Broda wrote: »
    No

I'm saying buying Chromiums now makes total sense with the understanding you

a: may not get Sun Fac and
    B: will be buying a lot of SF shards in shipments over the coming weeks/months either way

• Options
    Maybe the above is true. What's your goal though OP? Looking for a certain character or want a variety of characters? Chromiums make sense (assuming you have the budget for it) for newer players that don't have a huge roster since there are less "wasted" shards that won't be useful to you. While you can get exclusive characters in shipments at the 4 shards for 320 rate, that takes a long time and still requires 26,400 crystals to get them to 7 stars. While it will take you more than 26,400 crystals to get any specific character to 7 stars from chromiums, you might be able to spend around 40-50k crystals and get many characters to 7 stars.

It really depends on what you are looking for.
  • Options
    Its probably smarter to buy shards through shipments, but I believe its been calculated that it will cost like $200 worth of crystals to farm Rex or Sun Fac that way.

I'm not even close to F2P, but I find that cost exorbitant. There are so many toons farmable in Cantina, LS/DS battles, Arena and GW that I haven't had the desire to go that route.

But like others here say, it really depends on where you are in the game and what you're willing to spend.

If you got a few hundred to spend on Chromiums and you have a fairly small roster, then Chromiums could help you not only get started on Rex and/or Sun Fac, but also get you enough shards to get a lot of other toons further along the way, as well.
  • Lurch1184
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm f2p and every time I purchase a chromium these days I always seem to get some combination of SF, Rex, and Maul drops whether they be characters or just shards. I've taken Rex since I first got him like two weeks after he was first released to almost seven stars buying just one chromium every couple weeks since I got him. I've had two different chromiums drop me 20 Rex shards now.

Now if only the RNG would quit being cranky and give me the last nine shards I need for Lando. Only been trying to get the last fifteen shards for a week now...