Buyers Remorse

djvita
1684 posts Member
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I bought two mods from the mod shipments, very expensive totalling 6,000 crystals
They had speed secondary stat, the omly reason I would buy them. When upgrading the mods, all other stats increases instead of speed.

First was a purple mod, 3.6k 5 speed in the second secondary stat

Second mod (appeared after the refresh) had 5 speed in the FIRST secondary stat. 2777 crystals. Upgraded to lvl12, 5 speed.

Man I feel sick, only reason I bought them were to hope to get 10+ speed and get sthan faster. Now I got some medicore mods that are not worh equipping
WQ1idwg.png
607rh9P.png

What purchases have you made that RNGesus did not favor you?

Replies

• Options
    August
  • Options
    Ouch. I've made that mistake before. Crystal mods shopping is for whales , I've learned to let it go and only buy them if they appear for credits. I'm also farming them very hard and managed to get a few gems lately
  • Options
    Those are still fairly decent mods, they're just designed for tanky characters or counterers. Extra 100 offense on a mod is still pretty good. But anyways yeah, this is why I don't spend crystals in the mod store. Just too random
  • Options
    Never buy mods with Crystals, not worth it.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    It's really not worth buying anything with this game. I have made purchases in the past whilst others in my alliance are F2P - they regularly complete GW and I'm nowhere near. It seems that if you do make purchases all that happens is that GW hold out there hand for more money.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    My buyers remorse was starting the game out and saving all my crystals (purely F2P) for a 1 pack chromium (350 crystals) twice or thrice and then realizing my hard earned crystals can be used elsewhere because the odds of getting what I want was severely against my favor
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Those are still fairly decent mods, they're just designed for tanky characters or counterers. Extra 100 offense on a mod is still pretty good. But anyways yeah, this is why I don't spend crystals in the mod store. Just too random

I decided to put them om tanks as you mentioned but my intention was for them to have better speed tham what my sthan currently has. Alas ive spent my crystal budget too soon! Next month EA. I have roo many grey mods and those dont upgrade the same stat twice
  • Options
    Yea good old RNG at it again. I bought a blue triangle mod recently wit a speed secondary of 4. Got some great rng on myside and was almost doing backflips when i got both rolls on the speed secondary. Lol that 4 speed turned into 14 speed.
  • Options
    But I also bought the mod wit credits not crystals. The only mod i would buy from shipments wit crystals is a 5dot speed arrow. Which is the easiest n maybe almost the only place u can get that much needed speed arrow.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    My buyers remorse was starting the game out and saving all my crystals (purely F2P) for a 1 pack chromium (350 crystals) twice or thrice and then realizing my hard earned crystals can be used elsewhere because the odds of getting what I want was severely against my favor

I exclusively used my crystals for 8x Chromiums for several months (maybe one or two refreshes somewhere in there). If only I had understood the power of the refresh.......

On the plus side, if Rex or Sun Fac ever become farmable (other than for crystals), I have 10 shards toward each of them already!
  • Options
    I bought 6 mods all with secondary speed... 3 of them being blue mods... not one of them increased the speed secondary after upgrading... RNG hates me
  • Options
    *Fights urge to debate computers randomizing abilities*
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I exclusively used my crystals for 8x Chromiums for several months (maybe one or two refreshes somewhere in there). If only I had understood the power of the refresh.......

On the plus side, if Rex or Sun Fac ever become farmable (other than for crystals), I have 10 shards toward each of them already!

when i went through the chromium lottery i got maul, leia, echo maxed and rex/sunfac to 5*
  • Options
    Mods for crystals CAN be worthwhile (emphasis on can).

First variable is a player's budget.

Second is what hard to fill gap does the mod fill.

Some mods just have the drop rate of a unicorn But are clutch for arena dominance.

I've only ever bought two straight up in the mod store for crystals, each one's on a different key guy in my arena squad. One had great speed after leveling up one doesn't. That did suck but they both still do their job.

I've regretted dollars spent on this game, but not those dollars on those two mods.
  • Options
    @OP put those on Fives and you'll get your money's worth eventually. But in general defense mods aren't going to be where you want to invest.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    @OP put those on Fives and you'll get your money's worth eventually. But in general defense mods aren't going to be where you want to invest.

yep he got the triangle mod
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Did you not get on the mod pack action? Think I bought like 8 or 9 of those suckers and ended up getting quite a few good mods.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Did you not get on the mod pack action? Think I bought like 8 or 9 of those suckers and ended up getting quite a few good mods.

+1 Those were money. Especially if you're mod collection was all health mods at the time like mine was.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options

heck yeah i did both times actually but i got too many 3/4* mods too that went into lower chars. today i went for top tier mods to speed up sthan only to get bamboozled by rngesus
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »

heck yeah i did both times actually but i got too many 3/4* mods too that went into lower chars. today i went for top tier mods to speed up sthan only to get bamboozled by rngesus

Lol not worth it at all. On average, it'll take you about 13k-14k crystals to get a 13 or higher speed mod if you only buy blues, purps, and golds with speed on them.