Need help with my raid strategy

I was wondering if anyone can help me by lending some advice on how I can better my raid contribution. I have been watching some videos and trying to see how I can do more damage. I am F2P but have been playing long enough that I feel I have decent toons. I have a good amount of training droids and credits so if I need to use some I should have the resources. I know my toons may not be to the max level but I kept my toons at level 70 for a while as I'm able to beat GW every day and fear that if I get too high I won't be able to. Our guild is currently doing tier 5/6 raids. I want to get into higher spots so I can get better rewards. An area I don't know much about is mods, I have all the different types of challenges unlocked but don't really have the toons to get past the first tier for most. Below are the toons I have that I have seen talked about in different videos (for 1st phase). Any help is greatly appreciated. Also please feel free to ask any questions as its hard to put everything needed in one post.

Teebo (lead): 7*, lvl 72, all attacks and abilities @ lvl 7, gear lvl 9, no mods.

Qui-Gon Jinn: 7*, lvl 76, quick strike and agility training are lvl 8 others lvl 7, gear lvl 8, MK V-A Health (transmitter, receiver, processor, holo-array, data-bus and multiplexer) at level 15 for mods.

Captain Phasma: 7*, lvl 72, all attack and abilities lvl 7 except fire at will is lvl 8, gear level 8, no mods.

Jawa: 7*, lvl 70, basic is lvl 7-special is lvl 4 and unique is lvl 1, gear level 9, no mods.

Rey: 7*, lvl 70, attacks and abilities lvl 7 except focused strikes is lvl 6, gear lvl 8, no mods.

Admiral Ackbar: 7*, lvl 70, all attack and abilities at lvl 7 except rebel coordination is lvl 1, gear lvl 7, no mods.

I'm currently working on Ewok Elder and Geonosian soldier and can list their info if needed but EE is very low star level and GS is 5* and needs some work. I know that I don't have mods for many of my toons but I guess I thought that the lower *lvl mods wouldn't be as good and should wait to get higher ones. I know this is a long post but any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    1 star potency mods with potency on the bottom right mod will grant you +45% potency more than enough to handle t5-6 raids
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    you have to be super super careful when you use rey in a raid. Her Flurry counts as 3 (or 4) hits which gives the enemy 15 - 20% turn meter instantly. so only user her basic or middle ability unless you are 100% sure Teebo is going next and will be able to stealth and remove TM.

Ideally you'll want 3 TMR (Tuscan Raider, Ewok Scout, Chewie (yuck)) with Phasma or 5's to speed down and a single damager. If you can get a damager with ally assist, it works better because they can call teebo, QGJ or another TMR toon to help you out. a good option is GS or biggs.
  • Options
    I do have have Biggs at 7*, lvl 70 all attacks and abilities are lvl 7, gear lvl 8 and no mods. Are my suspicions correct that by getting my toons to max level my GW is going to get a lot harder? Also should I focus on mods and what is a good strategy for that. I appreciate the help, I get on here all the time but this is my first post outside of when I was recruiting for my guild.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do have have Biggs at 7*, lvl 70 all attacks and abilities are lvl 7, gear lvl 8 and no mods. Are my suspicions correct that by getting my toons to max level my GW is going to get a lot harder? Also should I focus on mods and what is a good strategy for that. I appreciate the help, I get on here all the time but this is my first post outside of when I was recruiting for my guild.

As someone said, you are going to want to increase the potency of your characters significantly (especially Teebo, QGJ, and Phasma) and the best way to do this is through Mods. You should be able to complete the potency table for several of them, and keep your eye out in shipments for a Potency Cross with Potency primary.

You're going to want to consider making Teebo's basic Level 8 as well.

• Options
    This stinks, I can't really beat the first tier of the potency challenges. I have noticed most don't actually have potency as a stat but is it mostly the potency increase you get for multiple mods that sync together? Also what exactly is potency?
  • Options
    You don't necessarily have to beat the challenges to get enough potency for t5 or 6. If you just sim the potency mod battles until you get a full set and a cross with the potency primary stat you should be good for potency, especially with qui gon. Also, if you can boost their speed a bit, it would be helpful as well.
  • Options
    This stinks, I can't really beat the first tier of the potency challenges. I have noticed most don't actually have potency as a stat but is it mostly the potency increase you get for multiple mods that sync together? Also what exactly is potency?

Yes. 30% potency bonus total for all 6 max-level mods. As TaterSalad said, go through the Potency Mod Table (Table 7) again and gather up some T1/T2 mods.

Potency ensures their TM reduction abilities (Teebo/QGJ) and speed down abilities (Phasma/Fives/Jawa) land.

Basically it counters the opponents Tenacity which is their propensity to resist negative status effects and application effects (TM reduction)

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    gunff wrote: »
    Ideally you'll want 3 TMR (Tuscan Raider, Ewok Scout, Chewie (yuck))

Chewie is actually pretty good in raid, in all phases.

OP, of the toons you currently listed use Teebo (L), AA, Rey, Phasma, QGJ. As others have said put potency mods (with a potency main stat mod for the cross/bottom right) on Teebo, Phasma, and QGJ as soon as you hit 80 and can omega his basic.

When you get EE and GS up and running, sub them in for Rey and AA. You'll want an omega on EE's basic to give TM. A team of Teebo (L), EE, GS, Phasma, QGJ can be used for every phase successfully, even in T7.

If you could work in 5's at some point that'd be a great replacement for Phasma, just don't omega his basic if you are only going to use him for raids. 5's is preferable over Phasma because he can apply slow more often than Phasma can.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »

OP, of the toons you currently listed use Teebo (L), AA, Rey, Phasma, QGJ. As others have said put potency mods (with a potency main stat mod for the cross/bottom right) on Teebo, Phasma, and QGJ as soon as you hit 80 and can omega his basic.

When you get EE and GS up and running, sub them in for Rey and AA. You'll want an omega on EE's basic to give TM. A team of Teebo (L), EE, GS, Phasma, QGJ can be used for every phase successfully, even in T7.

If you could work in 5's at some point that'd be a great replacement for Phasma, just don't omega his basic if you are only going to use him for raids. 5's is preferable over Phasma because he can apply slow more often than Phasma can.

I agree with all of this, except the Fives part. Honestly, if you're running the rest of the team you list, I have very rarely had issue with the Captain every dropping out of speed down. Phasma's VM to bump TM and provide GS with auto-crits (and everyone else too) is a great help as well. I have both Fives and Phasma maxed, and prefer Phasma personally.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I really appreciate the help guys! That makes sense with the potency as when it doesn't land it is a huge downer!
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »

I agree with all of this, except the Fives part. Honestly, if you're running the rest of the team you list, I have very rarely had issue with the Captain every dropping out of speed down. Phasma's VM to bump TM and provide GS with auto-crits (and everyone else too) is a great help as well. I have both Fives and Phasma maxed, and prefer Phasma personally.

I just swapped out phasma for fives. My luck, phasma will miss or not even try to apply slow even thought it's a 90% chance.