Biggs v wedge furnace priority

Who gets a furnace to go to G9 first--wedge or Biggs? Wedge will usually be the first target on defense. G9 will give him a few thousand in extra protection. But then progress on him really slows bc he needs 3 pieces of raid gear to get to G10.

Biggs already has decent survivability with evasion up and is not usually the first target. So the extra protection is not the primary incentive. The main appeal is that (1) he can get to G10 much more easily than wedge and (2) at G9 he gets a nice damage boost from gear that is cake to obtain.

I'm leaning towards Biggs but would appreciate input from others. Thanks very much.

(I usually run wedge lead. Lando and st Han are also part of my arena team. I'm using RG while my jka bakes.)

Replies

• Options
    I did Wedge first, but that was at least partially because my Wedge is still 6*. It also helped that the only choke point for me going from 9 to 10 are syringes, which would be the same choke point for Biggs.
  • Options
    I'd go Biggs. He has the very real capability of knocking out his target with his first shot due to the double assist he gets.
  • Options
    I'd go Biggs. He has the very real capability of knocking out his target with his first shot due to the double assist he gets.

The assist calls Wedge, so I think that's a wash.
  • Options
    It's a tough call. My wedge is also six stars so that might counsel in favor of survivability for him. Maybe a coin flip...
  • Options
    Most_Licey wrote: »
    It's a tough call. My wedge is also six stars so that might counsel in favor of survivability for him. Maybe a coin flip...

If your Wedge is 6*, I say give it to him. When my Wedge was g9/6* and Biggs was g8/7*, I started running them in my Arena team, and was able to consistently stay top 20 (and finish top 10) in an early April server.
  • Options
    And my arena team is basically the same as yours: Wedge lead, Biggs, Lando, Stormy, and RG.
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks for the input.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Personally, I put offense on wedge and speed + survivability on biggs. Not that this helps. Still half a dozen of one and six of the other. Cuz wedge gets a lot of offense with gear, and biggs gets a lot of survivability and damage.... well maybe that points to biggs.