New Raid tomorrow but No Rewards for anyone due to lockout

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Forums

Game Update 10/20/2016 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

MetxChrisMetxChris
12:43AM
Ing256 wrote: »
I think it was clearly stated that the 210k limit applies when you change guild not when you stay in the same.

The wording is certainly not clear, as it could be the case that the system still applies to non hoppers, yet that it's "impossible" to raid enough such that one is denied rewards by the system if one doesn't change guilds. Regardless, if it is the case that all of this only applies to hoppers, then it is still unclear for how long it applies for, and if we still collect rewards for raids that were started under the limit, yet finished over it.
Flag Quote
JabbaJabba
12:43AM
Ing256 wrote: »
I think it was clearly stated that the 210k limit applies when you change guild not when you stay in the same.
Is that 210k per raid currency notes are unclear
Flag Quote
tRRReytRRRey
12:45AM
Seknos wrote: »
» show previous quotes

He does gain an extra attack when Biggs is in the party. 60% offense and 45 speed for both compared to crit immunity for Ahsoka looks pretty weak.

60% offense and 45 speed is Wedge's ability, he gets that regardless of Biggs' presence. And that extra attack is dependent on Biggs not Wedge so my point stands.
Flag Quote
pixman83pixman83
1:08AM
Danbloo wrote: »
How do you spend more than 210k a week? 600 daily coins x50 members X 7 days is 210k. Unless you have other guild.

You are assuming that the guild is starting at 0 tokens. Maybe they hoard the tokens, have leftovers from the previous week, or they agree not to start raids on sunday, or something else that gives them an excess set of tokens for monday.

Say they only have 30k tokens leftover from the previous week and will get 30k every day:
Thats 210k tokens earned for the week, plus 30k leftover from last week. Thats 240k tokens, which is 4 t7 raids.

Note that if you get 30k every day, and only run t7 raids, you will run into the above scenario every two weeks.
wk1: 0+210-180=30
wk2: 30+210-240=0, repeat.

Holding over more tokens (possibly to improve leaderboard standing) will only make this problem worse.
Flag Quote
HolioHolio
1:17AM
RAYRAY wrote: »
» show previous quotes

My other Jedi w mods - all were pretty much maxed at 80..
Yoda - 209
JKA - 193
QGJ - 167
Lumi - 160
Barriss - 133

My Ashoka is 107 with 14 coming from mods (93 base - only Ventress is slower - how sad for them both, they could be awesome).. even IGD with no speed bump from mods is even a getting 119.. So yes, so slow that Yoda sometimes goes 3-4 times to her one attack.. Not that I don't love her action. But with 14K health and such low speed she may never even get an attack..

Trust me - I as much as anyone would love for her to be the new superstar, I just have my doubts.. I've been committed to running multiple Jedi teams from the onset..

Flag Quote
KlockoKlocko
1:29AM
modbot wrote: »
I just did the update and none of these changes are showing for the jedis. ?

Me too, but it's not live yet. Once the forced update happens, we'll see the changes. We're just ahead of the curve, so to speak.
Flag Quote
pixman83pixman83
1:29AM
Brandonρ wrote: »
He stated that it only affects players who recently switched guilds. Your clarification is in the last sentence of the paragraph "Guild Switching Prevention" in the game update. Means that if you switch guilds, you will be tracked and limited for a week, starting on the day you join the new guild and ending a week later.

If they don't start tracking until after you switch, then the loophole is to start this week in guild A with full tokens. Complete 2-3 raids asap. Move to guild B, which will also get full tokens, and do another 2-3 raids. Repeat in guild C. Depending on exactly what trips the system, thats 6-8 t7 raids.

This would be endlessly abusable since its easy to go over 600 personal tokens, and be in multiple guilds.

A less cheating example would be someone trying to help struggling guilds. If I help 3 guilds finish a raid, but leave before earning any reward, does that mean I gain nothing after returning to my "home" guild for the rest of the week?

I know that there will always be people trying to abuse the system, but I just want to know how I can safely use the system without unexpectedly shafting my guild or myself. I want to know the rules before I run into them.
Flag Quote
RoguesaberRoguesaber
1:34AM
Jabba wrote: »
Question? So if read notes right as long as we never leave our existing guild. Every other week we can do 4 raids in the pit and get reward. We earn 210k per week cost 180k for 3 raids. Following week we have 30k exztra coins added to the 210k we earn that week . That's 4 raids total of 240k coins every other week. Will we get rewards for those raids . @CG_JohnSalera @CG_Kozispoon

You seem to be the first person to understand the limit is on earning tickets and not on how many raids you can do or get rewards for. If you stay put in your guild none of this matters at all.

Just raid as usual and be happy!
Flag Quote
MetxChrisMetxChris
1:47AM
Roguesaber wrote: »
» show previous quotes

You seem to be the first person to understand the limit is on earning tickets and not on how many raids you can do or get rewards for. If you stay put in your guild none of this matters at all.

Just raid as usual and be happy!

???

The new system is completely the opposite of what you just said. There's already a 30k coin/day limit for guilds in place so this is nothing new, and isn't the issue in regards to guild hopping. The new update is a limit on the summed coin value of raids that a single individual can participate in each week, which is 210k total activation cost in raids. Since each heroic raid costs 60k, that 210k boundary is broken after 4 heroic raids within a single week, which happens every other week for guilds that pull in max coins per day.
Flag Quote
Mr_GreenMr_Green
2:05AM

[/list]
Grand Master Yoda
Omega upgrade for "Ataru" increased to +15% Turn Meter Gain.
"Masterstroke" now correctly copies Critical Hit Immunity.
"Masterstroke" will no longer incorrectly copy buffs from Aayla Secura, Ewok Scout, and Jawa.
Omega upgrade for "Unstoppable Force" increased to +30% Turn Meter Reduction.
"Unstoppable Force" Turn Meter reduction chance increased by 5% across all ranks.
"Unstoppable Force" will now Stun targets who are under 100% Health, instead of under 50% Health.
"Unstoppable Force" cooldown decreased by 1.
"Battle Meditation" cooldown decreased by 1.
AI will now prioritize "Battle Meditation" over other abilities.

Updated from AppStore the cool downs for Yoda seem to be reduced but still those buffs weren't reflected am I wrong or the changes didn't go live yet.

Thanks
Flag Quote
Tkoch94Tkoch94
2:18AM
This will only affect players that are participating in the guild switching.

This is word for word from the update^. Either people aren't reading this far, or they don't properly understand English. Not trying to sound like a **** here, just don't understand everyone's anger towards the update notes. This clearly states if you do not leave your guild, you will not be affected, regardless of if your guild exceeds the 210k ticket total in raids run for the week.

Now whether or not this works as intended remains to be seen, but if the patch notes are correctly implemented, then guild hopping will be solved as far as gaining rewards goes.
Flag Quote
ShimrraShimrra
2:44AM edited 2:44AM
Is there a chance that we have an idea of the exact time of the update ?

So we can plan to launch raid before in order to not loose guild currency...
Flag Quote
stumpomanstumpoman
3:13AM
Do we have a time the currencies will be maxed? Trying to find out if I should launch a raid before morning when most guild-mates will be awake.
Flag Quote
Tkoch94Tkoch94
3:18AM
I would advise launching a raid. Client update most likely within next 12-17 hours
Flag Quote
SeknosSeknos
3:41AM
RAYRAY wrote: »
» show previous quotes

Yoda will be viable now, that's good. Ahsoka's synergy with anakin may not be on the same level as wiggs but being virtually immune to crits is a decent defensive buff. She's fast, she has lots of healing for her and her party, and she is the highest damaging Jedi already. 30k + specials in squishies...now with a lot more survivability. It's not wiggs level but isn't as bad as you say.

I love Ahsoka, one of my favorite character of the franchise. With first reworked she went from bad to good, with this second rework she is a little bit better, gained survivability. But i only wish she could perform well in arena. She is not viable yet, unless they add something else. This is not bad, but not good enough.
Flag Quote
MD_GeistMD_Geist
3:51AM
So we get a Raid which got a lot of rumors for "Play a full Jawa Squad" and now after months it seems we finally get the new Raid BUT last minute fix: -67% damage from thermal&co? Come on, Thermaldetonator is already pretty weak because it takes time to explode and it can still be dodged AND resisted... Jawas can't destroy Droids at Arena so the maybe only shine at the new raid and we got a huge nerf for Jawa Scavenger (Line in the Sand) now (and a minor for Jawa Engineer which already isn't so strong in a full jawa team since he can't reanimate dead Jawas). I doubt that a full Jawa Team will be a strong squad for the new raid, but i still hope the little boys do well enough.
Flag Quote
Tuftedpaper85Tuftedpaper85
3:53AM
I can't help but feel like the Ashoka/Anakin synergy is borderline useless. With the amount of teams that run QGJ, you're basically just giving them offense up to start the match. Would have liked it a lot better if they let her benefit from Anakin's passive, kinda like how Biggs benefits from Wedge's. The extra bit of group heal should off her special should be nice though. You'll be looking at a 7-8k group heal, which isn't too shabby at all for a move capable of critting for 15k.
Flag Quote
Henchman805Henchman805
4:02AM
Please address this we emptied guild bank today one heroic and a low tier raid we are running our last heroic now after our last coin reset in preparation for the maxing of guild banks tomorrow and I get this message saying I can't even get rewards for the current raid that I'm in because I have exceeded my limit. What good is maxing the coins if u can't get any rewards for another week! Is this WAI?

Swgoh raid bug no rewards update isn't until tomorrow

https://imgur.com/gallery/CuuMW

Please fix this before releasing another bugged update and enfuriorating your player base again

@CG_Kozispoon
@EA_Jesse

Please respond. The raid goes live tomorrow and as it stands our whole guild is ineligible for rewards. This can not be working as you intend? Or do u guys really intend to give us all max guild coins but no rewards from any of the new raids ?

Seriously it says 2 days and 16 hours left until I can get a reward and we still have a active raid to do before the coins max to morrow.

This is a major problem as all guilds are raiding today to spend coins which will lock then out of rewards until next week?

Please I'm begging you guys we are excited for the new raid now we get nothing for it this can't be true...

Replies

• Options
    Tough! Wow...maybe exploit less from now on and you will be fine eh?
  • Options
    So when is the cliffnotes version being published
  • Options
    please address this we emptied guild bank today one heroic and a low tier raid we are running our last heroic now after our last coin reset in preparation for the maxing of guild banks tomorrow and I get this message saying I can't even get rewards for the current raid that I'm in because I have exceeded my limit. What good is maxing the coins if u can't get any rewards for another week! Is this WAI?

Swgoh raid bug no rewards update isn't until tomorrow

https://imgur.com/gallery/CuuMW

Please fix this before releasing another bugged update and enfuriorating your player base again

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse

Please respond. The raid goes live tomorrow and as it stands our whole guild is ineligible for rewards. This can not be working as you intend? Or do u guys really intend to give us all max guild coins but no rewards from any of the new raids ?

Seriously it says 2 days and 16 hours left until I can get a reward and we still have a active raid to do before the coins max to morrow.

This is a major problem as all guilds are raiding today to spend coins which will lock then out of rewards until next week?

Please I'm begging you guys we are excited for the new raid now we get nothing for it this can't be true
  • Options
    There u go and yes they already removed my picture post showing that we are locked out of raids as of today .
  • Options

See above for cliff notes my point is we didn't spend 210 k we did a heroic and a tier 5

Now we are getting 300 k bank tomorrow and can't use any of it

We didn't hop we just spend the bank coins we had today .

The update isn't until tomorrow and guilds are locked out of raids today.

If u don't think this is a problem wait and see what happens when everyone realizes the new raids u get nothing if u already did 2 raids this week
  • Options

See above for cliff notes my point is we didn't spend 210 k we did a heroic and a tier 5

Now we are getting 300 k bank tomorrow and can't use any of it

We didn't hop we just spend the bank coins we had today .

The update isn't until tomorrow and guilds are locked out of raids today.

If u don't think this is a problem wait and see what happens when everyone realizes the new raids u get nothing if u already did 2 raids this week

You've already run a raid under the new system? **** y'all are quick!
  • Options
    My guess is your client erroneously activated the diaper before the server was ready. I DL the new update and don't see the new raid.

Once they go "live" then everyone's account gets reset sever side so when the client pings the server it gets the correct reply.

I would wait until they are officially live before you make a big deal about it.
  • Options
    Wow spellcheck, diaper = update...
  • Options
    We are currently on our 4th Heroic Raid of this week and we are having no issues.. And yes I've already updated my game
  • Options
    Can you PLEASE copy the text AFTER you click the quote button(s) next time instead of just mindlessly copy pasting an entire forum page?

My eyes completely dried out trying to read that mess.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Only no rewards for guild hoppers