Droids are done for

With everybody building anti-droid teams for the raid won't people be looking for droid teams in arena to demolish?

Replies

• Options
    TugBoat wrote: »
    With everybody building anti-droid teams for the raid won't people be looking for droid teams in arena to demolish?

The raid is nothing like a droid arena team. Move along...
  • Options
    doubt it cause if you threw that same anti droid team into the arena you will drop like a fly
  • Options
    B2 takes care of scariff, shoretrooper, general Kenobi too.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't think B2 droids will handle Kenobi very well. I imagine some Kenobi squads will stonewall droids.

Droids needed a new hero. And General Kenobi is the opposite. I would be running from droids right now... if I hadn't already abandoned them 3 weeks ago.

Unless Kenobi synergizes well with droids, themselves, I see droids as a bear market.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Droids are done for. Move along. They were part of the meta for a very long period of time.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Anyhow, u didn't need special toons to destroy droids, ever... ever since armor patch. I have always looked for droid teams to demolish since then. Guaranteed win/climb above and beyond my pay grade when I gets droids to battle. Add kenobi and potential for droids to not even have a chance on offense, even. If that turns out to be true, u can stick a fork in droids.

5 tanks. All u ever needed to beat droids on offense since patch. As long as u got RG and two tanks with good offense or counterattack, u beat droids on offense like taking candy from a baby.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

....All u ever needed to beat droids on offense since patch. As long as u got RG and two tanks with good offense or counterattack, u beat droids on offense like taking candy from a baby.

RG is the old meta.... please keep using him.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lol. Point is everyone has rg. Most people playing for more than 3 months have a way to beat droids that are modded way better than their team.

If there is an easy way too beat rex and wiggs and EP lead with much better mods and using 9nly common toons, I am not aware of it. To some extent u can beat wiggs and some EP lead with droids. But unless u got decent mods, ain't gonna be better than crapshoot. And against rex u better have good mods to even apply.

Droids are totally owned on offense by anyone with 5 of a large set of very common toons and no good mods needed. Not rng chance. Owned.

Anytime I need to wreck whale mod droid team, I will use rg. You bet I will. It is not like 1000 people on my shard including me don't already have max rg.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    JE will move before any jawa or jedi. 3 toons vs. your droid team if 5 after the initial turn poses no threat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    You don't understand what's up with droids. They were always easily beatable. Nothing changed. I'm still getting my daily top 3. Won't change for the visible future, there is no factor upcoming that will change it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If there is an easy way too beat rex and wiggs and EP lead with much better mods and using 9nly common toons, I am not aware of it. To some extent u can beat wiggs and some EP lead with droids. But unless u got decent mods, ain't gonna be better than crapshoot.

[...]

Droids are totally owned on offense by anyone with 5 of a large set of very common toons and no good mods needed. Not rng chance. Owned.

Looks like you need to learn how to align and mod your droid team correctly. With similar quality mods droids can very well beat Wiggs (take out Wedge before the opponent moves), EP (depends on lineup) and Rex (kill Rex before he dispels debuffs) teams.

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    If there is an easy way too beat rex and wiggs and EP lead with much better mods and using 9nly common toons, I am not aware of it. To some extent u can beat wiggs and some EP lead with droids. But unless u got decent mods, ain't gonna be better than crapshoot.

[...]

Looks like you need to learn how to align and mod your droid team correctly. With similar quality mods droids can very well beat Wiggs (take out Wedge before the opponent moves), EP (depends on lineup) and Rex (kill Rex before he dispels debuffs) teams.

It's not Rex as an individual... it is his TM gain for each Critical Hit that simply boosts your whole crew. Squad Discipline is just a bonus to start with.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Why is it that only droids that get to complain when their squad becomes worse lol? Droids have stuck around in every meta since the start of the game, and judging from how my Shoretrooper is doing vs them, probably will continue to do so. The rest of us have constantly had to adapt, but for some reasons, you guys think you're exempt from doing so.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Why is it that only droids that get to complain when their squad becomes worse lol? Droids have stuck around in every meta since the start of the game, and judging from how my Shoretrooper is doing vs them, probably will continue to do so. The rest of us have constantly had to adapt, but for some reasons, you guys think you're exempt from doing so.

Is shoretrooper the reason to abondon ship? When a meta that populates top spots that I can't possibly beat with roids is around, I'll adapt. It's not here. Shore-rex is not it.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Is shoretrooper the reason to abondon ship? When a meta that populates top spots that I can't possibly beat with roids is around, I'll adapt. It's not here. Shore-rex is not it.

He's not, from my experiences with him, since droids will usually kill him before getting off crit immunity unless you also have Rex. Plus, droids will be reaching g11 soon and pump out even more dmg. I just think it's ridiculous that every meta shift has droids screaming while the people with actually obsolete teams just move along.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

He's not, from my experiences with him, since droids will usually kill him before getting off crit immunity unless you also have Rex. Plus, droids will be reaching g11 soon and pump out even more dmg. I just think it's ridiculous that every meta shift has droids screaming while the people with actually obsolete teams just move along.

Oh you mean devs sould obsolete droids? Are they even such a threat? They would be if a good portion of the populace embraced them. Yet here we are constantly defending their efficacy against unbelievers that seems to have a better idea what they can actually do then the users.

I've seen counter team every meta that came. I haven't seen anyone even bothering to do a team that specifically does well against droids. The counters are already sitting there, they just have no use for other meta. Even with everyone soon having fully maxed jawas, I don't expect to jawa walls I can not penetrate.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Cuz some people farmed droids, first and foremost. When other team is obsolete u just add one or two new meta toons.

No one screaming about droids "every meta shift." Droids were screwed up with armor patch. A lot of people complained at the time. Wiggs didn't kill droids. Meta shift didn't kill them. Armor patch killed them. If wiggs wasn't added to mix, there would be no meta other than rex.

It is not that oh no, now there's a new meta that can easily beat droids on offense. It is fact that most all meta teams easily beat droids... and even scrub teams easily beat them. If u use any other meta team, only other meta teams or well modded teams can beat u

Meta shift happens on my shard all the time.... everyone adds jka...then 3 weeks later lando....then ep....then wedge....

But the 12 guys in top 30 that dropped their droid teams had to get half those toons at once.

Shoretrooper is not a 7 man squad. Rex and Fac is not a 7 man squad. Biggs is not a 7 man squad. Believe it or not, there are lots of droid users who dont have 7 star annakin, or EP, or st Han, or RG, or wedge. If I hadn't run droids, my JKA wouldn't be 4 stars right now. And wedge only 6. Wedge would have been done 2 weeks ago, and JKA about 3 weeks after he was buffed, like everyone else. I would already be working on rex and shoretrooper.

Go ahead and max out 7 droid toons right now. You see why change to droid is such a big deal. No thx? Of course not. When u open ur bench, 7 out of your top 12 most powerful toons aren't droids. Lucky you.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    *Yawn* Another day @ #1 with the OG's...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So today, I gave my shard's resident droid whale two beat downs when he decided to fight me back in my hour. In the second battle, I messed up. I had already switched teams to take on the next fight against Rex... I accidentally left Lando in my squad. He was instantly barbequed. Then my RG missed on his first 3 stuns. If he missed 4 in a row, I might have even been in danger of losing. :)

So after beating him with a gimped squad of 4 toons, I put on the afterburners and used a timer refresh. Which I needed to get to first spot, anyway, after this unexpected attack. Funny thing I noticed as droid whale chase me. He shied away from 2 battles against Rex lead squads which I left in my wake, taking on the next higher rank battles, instead. So he didn't catch up to me.

This is just one of the bigger whales on the shard with the best droid team. He is always in top ten... because he spends his crystals on refreshes and fighting back at all hours, instead of building a decent arena team. :) And his payout is off peak, all to himself, apparently some time in the wee hours of the morning.

I'm sure your droid team is so much better than anything I have ever seen. And your shard can't beat it, despite trying everything. Like 4 tanks and RG with hand-me-down mods.

Droids can do fine on some servers. I took first place for 2 months with a droid team, prior to and shortly after the armor update. After armor update, it usually took 1 refresh. At one point my shard's top 30 was 25% droid teams. 2/3's of them have gone extinct, and only 2 or 3 left actually break top 5.

After ditching droids, I don't even (usually) need a refresh to get my 1 payout, using 6 star Wedge. Maybe droids aren't dead, but on my shard, they are cut rate. I dropped off the map for a short while, but once I got Wedge up to ohko-level, it has been smooth sailing.

Rex is sole king, no more. Lando lead Wiggs, Wedge lead, and even a lando lead with EP and anni (no wiggs) defends, too, now. Droids come and visit. Or burn refreshes to maintain the privilege.

The new tank raid toon, general kenobi, should confirm it for most of us. Except for the few fetishists for which droids give a funny feeling in their pants, everyone else would be wise to steer clear or start building a new team.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I run droids and the only comp that I actively avoid is Rex (L), SF, EP, Lando, JKA (there are 3 of those on my server). I feast on Lando/Wedge and EP teams and I don't even have B2 arena ready.

Fact is, there is only one meta right now for defense. Any other team can rise to 1, droids included. Some make you work harder than other, but nothing has changed.

Droids have always been a B-level team. One that can get first, but one that can get beaten. Different day, same ish.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Difference is most scrubs, even, have a team that can beat droids. Afaik, u at least need meta team (or droids) and or have decent mods to beat the other meta teams. And it may still be rng. It is 99.9% chance to beat droids with 5 scrub non meta toons. And pretty good chance using regular meta teams, as well.

I don't agree they never defended. For the two months before the armor patch, droids defended pretty well on my shard, IMO. Yeah, they were totally owned by rex, even then, but not as bad. And it was worth it because droids defended and if not for rex they would actually have been THE meta team before wiggs and EP, imo. The meta ben leads on my shard hated droids after JE arrived. The whale droid team on my shard melted faces before the armor patch. Most others gave this team a wide berth. It didnt matter who he ran as fifth. It was instant death fighting him without uber ben lead or rex. Now it is the opposite. He fights to maintain rank.