R.I.P. Emperor Palpatine

Thanks devs for killing the heroe that many have spent a lot of money just to unlock at 5*s

Replies

• Options
    What happened to him?
  • sugarmonster
    204 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    He just saw Return of the Jedi.
    EP dies
  • Options
    So wait, he didn't get a nerf and this is just about him dying in the movie?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Think he means shock dont work on the rancor no mo
  • Options
    You can't apply the shock debuff to the bosses anymore so yes this is about his nerf lol
  • SoillaTheGrouch
    90 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Don't forget Yoda update. BM right off the bat makes EP weaksauce.
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Think he means shock dont work on the rancor no mo
    Darkjedi64 wrote: »
    You can't apply the shock debuff to the bosses anymore so yes this is about his nerf lol

Where is this documented?
  • Options
    Where is what documented trouseredeagle ? I h ave EP and this is what's happening *documented *
  • Options
    I don't think it was a particularly complicated question.

I'm asking whether this change was documented somewhere, or it was another stealth nerf.
  • Options
    Speedy rex was always an EP killer. When opfor has EP, Rex first move is the green fist.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it was a particularly complicated question.

I'm asking whether this change was documented somewhere, or it was another stealth nerf.

Stealth. They updated the fearsome foe buff for Grievious et al to include Shock (presumably so that ppl couldn't just shock & Teebo P1). This carried over to the captain and the Rancor.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Uh Shock never worked on the captain or rancor, yeah they were debuffed but it didn't prevent the tm gain
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Not thrilled about this. I feel it was a bit unwarranted.
  • Options
    Well he was a FTP toon so all those expensive toons can't get beat by a FTP toon... that's blasphemy!
  • Trouserdeagle
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Uh Shock never worked on the captain or rancor, yeah they were debuffed but it didn't prevent the tm gain

While this is true, it still counted as a negative effect, thus negating the "Monstrous Endurance" ability of the rancor.
  • Options
    This is just small nerf that only applies to one part of the I don't think it really ruins him.
  • Options
    It doesnt ruin him at all... as an Empire lead or a support character... He still allows me to easily beat a Wiggs team... so long as he doesnt get OHKO
  • Options
    No what's stupid is that you can't shock GG which prevents him from getting his buff, BUT you can buff block him with Anakin's buff block. So blocking Shock on GG, Captain and Rancor only severely effect the Damage output of the Emperor in Raids. Without Shock his damage drops easily 20%. Against Pigs he is now all but worthless as I have 3 other toons that can outdamage him in P1, and same on Rancor and new raid. His leader ability does work so well when there is only one opponent.

This nerf disappoints me. I put a ton of effort and resources to get the Emperor because he would be supreme, and now they took it away. Not to mention that Supposedly Protection was put in place to eliminate the One Shot kills, yet Wiggs can literally 1 shot anyone at the beginning of every match, OH and it's always the Emperor. I don't have issue with large damage forcing him to use his heal right away or something, but the One Hit Kill is stupid and they need to fix it.

Summary:
    Removing Shock is stupid and nerfs Emperor for all Raids...
    Allowing Wiggs to have a One Shot Kill to start the match makes the Emperor worth even less.

They really screwed the pooch on the Emperor Nerfs.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Full squad stun and destroying any TM based synergy is fine, but OHKO is not ... hmm ... guess it depends on what side you sit, right? :smiley:
    Shock on Raid-Bosses for sure was not supposed to work, otherwise they could just let stun, expose, ability block, +++ also work on raid bosses ... poor little Rancor would be stun-locked just like Mace in early tank challenge times.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • AhnaldT101
    140 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

It did work against the Rancor (except preventing TM as you mentioned) but it did allow Palpatine to apply shock and do extra damage . I have a video I made about a week or two ago showing my Palpatine getting like 500k. The shock on the Rancor helped Palpatine attack faster and do additional damage. After this weekend it no longer worked.
  • Options
    AhnaldT101 wrote: »

It did work against the Rancor (except preventing TM as you mentioned) but it did allow Palpatine to apply shock and do extra damage . I have a video I made about a week or two ago showing my Palpatine getting like 500k. The shock on the Rancor helped Palpatine attack faster and do additional damage. After this weekend it no longer worked.

Also, Palpatine is no longer able to heal himself by applying debuffs via his leader ability. That is huge.
    My 7* max gear Emperor Palpatine is now sitting on the bench for raids.
    I can't believe I worked so hard for him.

- Another disappointed player