UI - No way to tell which status effects can actually be dispelled.

Nonemo
1656 posts Member
Through trial and error I've learned that Kylo Ren's counter attack buff can't be dispelled by QGJ's Humbling blow.

I don't know if this works as intended. But as a player you'd need some form of clue whether a buff should be dispellable or not. If it looks like a green box, I always assume I can dispel it.

Oh, except for with Asajj Ventress. Her Strike Fear skill doesn't work on ATK/DEF/EVA buffs. But works on status changing buffs like Taunt. I'm aware plenty of other players have raised this issue. But maybe it's working as intended?

My point is that without any form of visual cue, it's just impossible to keep track of what skill works when. Would be great if this was addressed in a future update. Thanks!

Replies

• SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Many skills can be dispelled, some are glitchy, however, and multiple buffs (in addition to the inverse of multiple debuffs during a "cleanse") can behave erratically. Possibly leaving behind "phantom" buff icons (an example of a phantom buff icon would be Nute Gunray's defense up buff icon - which is actually the result of his passive unique skill, and cannot be dispelled). Other defense up buffs CAN be dispelled, though I've seen many an occasion where the buff icon remained, despite successfully being dispelled (QGJ gave my party offense up, after all). Whether or not a unit is still getting the benefits from that buff, however, I cannot say for certain since in the case of defense up, I can't think of many heroes where that buff would cause much more than a 200 damage mitigation, which is less than potentially variable from normal rolls.

Now, other than the buff icon for retribution (which you're right, can NOT be dispelled), you can add Foresight to that. Not sure if it could actually be dispelled, but it'll automatically make the next damaging or non-damaging effect miss (I.E. Rey had foresight, my old Daka attacks her teammate, Rey rolls a miss from the added stun instead of a resist, Foresight vanishes; QGJ uses Humbling Blow, it's a miss, foresight vanishes; Ventress uses her dispel, it misses, no heal for her team, foresight vanishes).

Other than those 2, the only other buffs I've not been able to dispel tend to come from situational passives like a Jedi Knight Guardian falling below threshold HP value, they get a defense up buff icon, which cannot be dispelled.

Hope this helps.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @SinnerWill That's an extensive reply! Much appreciated!

Seems like there is serious work that needs to be done there. It's one of the more confusing aspects of the game. And if some buffs are indeed not supposed to be dispelled, they need visual indicators of this.