Why are jawas so terrible in this new raid?

MarsAmbassador69
149 posts Member
edited October 2016
There's a lot to be annoyed with regarding this new raid. But what I'm most upset about is how my jawa squad is completely useless in Phase 1. 4 of them are maxed out and they're useless. By the time their turn to attack comes they already have their protection depleted, they have Speed Down, they're Exposed, they have Defense Down, they have 3-5 DoT and the Taunts are up on the IG100. They would need to do double damage and have double health/prot just to make this interesting and actually worth the time and resources it took me to get this jawa squad to the point they're at. Just ridiculous.
"No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    There's guys in my guild doing 1-2-2m damage with them not even maxed on p2
  • Options
    jawas for phase3 //
  • Options
    In the raid or just in P1? P1 isn't the phase that Jawas are supposed to be most effective.
  • Options
    I haven't found a good p1 team yet, but I think jaws are just too slow. However, they do very well in p2.
  • Options
    I do 500-600k in p1 with 5 Jawas team. Good idea is to mix them with other strong characters. In p2, with Hk47, ig88, ig86, JE and Nebit (maxed) I did 2.2m
  • Options
    P1 is ment to be a road block until you get Kanobi to 7* at which point it may become solo able. Imagine all those dot as heal over time.
  • Options
    Jawas are good, better in 2, 3 and 4
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

LOL no they aren't. My guild finally got to P2 today ... jawas did bupkis, just like the rest of my roster. This raid is laughable. Even worse than that god-awful joke of a tournament.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I did just over 2 mil with Jawas in p2 on a normal(t6) raid. Was a little worried when they didn't do so well in p1, but they turned it around in p2. Did 2.03mil my first run with them, 1.7mil on my second. I got four topples first run, two with morale two, one morale one, one morale three. My second run I got 3 topples with morale two before I ran into enrage.

Also posted over a mil with HK, 88, 86, GS, Poggle.

Whoever says Jawas are no good, must be doing something wrong. I am sitting at the number 1 spot in my guild thanks to my Jawa team. I expect them to do well in p3 also.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    They rock in P2....been seeing over a million damage on decent geared jawas...i can only imagine a fully maxed out jawa squad destroying p2 and p3
  • Options
    Can you guys that are doing great (millions) damage with Jawa's leave us a little more info please? Are you running full Jawa's? Who's lead? What gear level?

I've only been able to post about 500k in the normal tank raid P2 with my full Jawa's, Datcha lead, all with G9 all abilities maxed, the important ones omega'd. Any advice would be appreciated :smiley:
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am running Dathcha lead, Nebit, Jawa, Scavenger, JE. I run Dathcha over Nebit for the defense down, seems to help more than the crit dmg from Nebit. All are 7*, level 81, max gear, max omegas, max mods. Had them all maxed months ago and have been waiting and hoping.

The key to doing good damage with them is getting the topple with morale two. Morale two gives an extra 25% speed while the AAT is toppled. In order to get morale two, you must knock out all three guns during one of the Hulls turns. I work on the guns and get them low and try to apply slow to the hull with Jawa, before I kill them.

If you can get a slow on the hull, it is much easier to knock out all three guns at the same time, and it will stay on while the unit is toppled, giving you a lot more turns.

I don't use the aoes from Jawa and Dathcha much, I prefer to just use their basic attacks. Their basics do more dmg, and you can't stun anything anyways. I also usually wait untill the unit is toppled or just before it is toppled to use Scavengers scrap bomb. I want to get those debuffs on while it is toppled. Once protection is gone, I use JEs heal whenever needed, and follow up with a Nebit taunt to reduce cool down so I can use it again sooner.

I try not to let the main gun get a shot off. There attack can outright kill any toon, so I don't want that to trigger. If you do get hit by it and survive, you get morale three, which gives extra crit dmg. The crit dmg is nice, but I don't want to risk a toon to get the bonus.

It is really all about timing. You do the most dmg when toppled, so you want to topple it as many times as possible. I ignore the main hull and usually only hit it when toppled or when I need to push it into its next turn so I can topple it. Also, if I have two guns destroyed, and the third is red, and hull tm is low, I will hit the hull a few times before I destroy the last gun and topple it. Just be sure you don't hit too much and give it full tm and ruin your set up.
    Post edited by CptCaveman on
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Great info @CptCaveman, thanks! I'm using the same tactics as you, but it looks like my gear and mods are what's keeping me from better damage. I've got great mods on Nebit and JE cause they're on my arena team, but just scrounged up what I had left for the others....looks like I need to switch some mods around!
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone tell how they modded jawas?
  • Options
    Np. Gear levels make a big difference, as do mods.
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am so upset with jawas. I have spent MONTHS and a ton of resources gearing them up. And in P1, by the time it was their turn to attack they already had protection done, Defense Down, Ability Block, Speed Down, 3-5 DoT on them, Exposed and the IG100 were Taunting. Absolutely useless. They don't do any damage and they have poor health. You'd need to double damage and health just to make them remotely viable.
    Post edited by MarsAmbassador69 on
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    For Mods on Jawas, I have/am working towards the following:

JE - speed and health mods, with speed primary arrow, protection triangle, protection or potency cross, as many speed secondaries as possible. You want him as fast as possible with as much health/protection as possible to survive as long as he can. His dmg is low, especially with the reduction to detonators, but he does call an assist on basic. He is mainly just there to speed up other Jawas, and heal.

Nebit - health mods, with protection arrow, cross, and triangle, and as many speed secondaries as possible. He is just there for the meat shield, it is all about survivability. Tenacity or defense mod sets may be better, but I haven't tested them.

Jawa/Scavenger/Dathcha - Crit dmg set, crit chance set, with speed primary arrow, crit dmg triangle, protection cross, as many speed secondaries as possible. These guys are your damage dealers, they need the extra dmg and extra crit chance. Potency is already high with raid bonus, so you may or may not need more to get over 100%.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am so upset with jawas. I have spent MONTHS and a ton of resources gearing them up. And in P1, by the time it was their turn to attack they already had protection done, Defense Down, Speed Down, 3-5 DoT on them, Exposed and the IG100 were Taunting. Absolutely useless. They don't do any damage and they have poor health. You'd need to double damage and health just to make them remotely viable.

They aren't very good all together in p1. I split them up and used with droids and others in p1. In p2 they do pretty well though. Give them a try in p2 before you condemn them. I haven't played p3 yet, but I think they will do well there too.
  • Options
    P1 is the hardest.. Thats where jedis take place.. And jawas work fine in p2 also theyre op if mixed with droids.. Im doing 2k dmg in p2 with hk,88,86,je,nebit
  • Options
    + 50% Potency and free assist on any ability is pretty nice
  • Options
    VikingSith wrote: »

Yes, but they have Ability Block on them most of the time so it doesn't really matter.

• Options
    VikingSith wrote: »

Yes, but they have Ability Block on them most of the time so it doesn't really matter.

Not in p2...
  • Options
    HK droids + Nebit/JE is how you get 3 mil on p2. All jawa sucks.
  • Options
    I really don't think they suck, they have good synergy and are fun to play....this "normal" raid is just sucking all the fun out of playing them lol. It's so slow and boring....I'm trying to learn the optimal strategies and attacks but I'm just so fracking bored by the time the tank finishes with its attacks that I have actually fallen asleep once!
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

LOL no they aren't. My guild finally got to P2 today ... jawas did bupkis, just like the rest of my roster. This raid is laughable. Even worse than that god-awful joke of a tournament.

Yes, yes they are
  • Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The team of HK,88,86,JE,Nebit is the strongest i have. 2.7 million on normal Phase 2. I toppled the tank 9 times. Using JE recalibrate on the turrets instead of the topple allows me to kill the turrets without ever taking a shot from them. Except for the ones right after the topple which Nebit eats with his taunt. The extra shots my droids take when the Jawas hit the tank are very helpful too. Would have been more damage but getting a slow with HK is tough sometimes even with 85% potency.
    That team wasnt so strong on P1 either like max 300k with that tact manu **** from GG.