Why I love playing Jawas in Arena: Thoughts and videos

Sikho
1088 posts Member
(this thread is from Reddit, but I figured it also had its place here)

Hi everyone,

Since many people asked me how Jawas did in Arena and what I thought of them, I decided to share my experience to spread the Jawa love a bit!

I will start by saying that Jawas aren't top 20-worthy. Probably not even top 50. So why would you play Jawas in Arena? Because they're freaking fun to play, that's why.

What I love about Jawas is the fact that despite being out of the Arena meta, they can still be really fun to play in a less-competitive environment. Maybe top 100. That's not great, but once again, sometimes you shouldn't play to win, but to have fun.

I really enjoy playing those little guys. I don't always win, sure. Hell, I even often lose. But they provide such a wide range of possible strategies and approach at fights that I'd rather lose with them than win with a standard meta team.

The battles are often very tense, suspensful. That's what I love. When you play a Wiggs team, you just AoE everyone to death and hope you're faster than the enemy.
When you play a Jawa team, you have to carefully plan ahead, take risks, and experience new things to fight your way to victory. These dynamics are amazing, challenging and a hell lot of fun.

Here's an example of a desperate fight that seems to be lost, but is barely won at the last second:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ZghYRLU3s

I felt so engaged, praying for Dhatcha to crit and finish the match! And I still remember that fight. How many fights do you remember when you play a meta team?

Anyway, here's why I love playing Jawas in Arena. Not because they are good, no. It's because they are not. It feels like a harder mode, where the odds are stacked against you, but there's nothing better than winning when that's the case.

If you're interested in seing more battles, here's the link to my YT page, featuring amazing, raw, non-edited, organic, fresh from Tatoine footages:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKD8jrbU9zCrjAg8LvSTqCQ/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

I try to upload both wins and losses, because I believe it's important to not give anyone false hopes.

Sometimes you get **** on by meta team in 1 min : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9lS5iYkXM

But hey, you can't have everything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Replies

• Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Could you coment on how you have them moded?

Also is a shame that certain fun builds are not Arean viable. They sure need a debufer or a revive. I like playing with Ewoks too but their damage is really laking combined with their low health.
  • Options
    You give hope to Jawa players everywhere. Great videos and keep rocking them Jawas in the arena!

I second Rotor's comment. Can you comment on what gear levels and mods you're using?

• Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Same would like to know your mods on the jawas
  • Options
    Love this post. I whole-heartedly agree. I've been rocking the little buggers in Arena since they introduced JE/JS. Usually I place somewhere between 60-30 based on if I'm willing to spend crystals for a refresh or not.

I've got an empire team and a rebel team that place higher, but I don't care. It's like you said, Jawas are fun as hell. I think the biggest decision of each fight is when to pull Nebs taunt if there is a QGJ on the other team. It's like poker every time. Does Dathcha/Jawa land their AOE debuffs and on whom? How many of JS' bombs stick? Who is gonna stealth of Nebs' assist? Is JE gonna save you with a well-timed "Automatize" or not?

Unless you're fighting droids (in which case you win, always), each fight is completely different and could go either direction. I've beaten teams I had no business even challenging, and I've been destroyed by teams I've beaten handily in the past.

Overall Jawas gave me new life in this game. They resurrected the fun. Long live the little buggers. "UTINI!"
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    You give hope to Jawa players everywhere. Great videos and keep rocking them Jawas in the arena!

I second Rotor's comment. Can you comment on what gear levels and mods you're using?
    Haihs wrote: »
    Same would like to know your mods on the jawas

I'll try to upload a guide on modding for Jawas this weekend. I'll share it here!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    As for gear levels, I'm at max gear (minus new gold gear ofc) for everyone but JE, who's at hear 9.
  • Options
    I have a jawa team at level 75 - except for the engineer. I'm having the hardest time farming him, and don't even have him unlocked yet... I love playing these little dudes, they hit hard but like you said you're not going to move up the food chain with them. The best part is their voices - I laugh when CN taunts or when one of them kicks the bucket. As sadistic as it sounds, it makes me chuckle and I think that's why I like them so much.
  • Options
    These videos are awesome the jawas make you want to know what happens next
  • Options
    I haven't use jawas personally but they look really fun. Have you tried Ewoks? After your opponent goes they never go again.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.