@Team Instinct or Team Skunk guilds that have completed Heroic

Maegor
1217 posts Member
I know that this is a big ask for you guys, but could you guys take the guilds that completed heroic and run them through a Normal AAT raid? I'm curious about your feedback concerning the difficulty between the two. Could the guilds that completed heroic complete normal in the same time frame? Quicker? Slower?

You guys both do a lot for the community, so I know it would be appreciated among us all. Again, I understand why you would not. Just thought I'd ask.

Replies

• Options
    They can complete the T6 raid in less than an hour due to their guild hopping ;)
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    They can complete the T6 raid in less than an hour due to their guild hopping ;)

I'm being serious. This isn't a call to see them do an exploit. Please keep any dislike for either of these guilds out of this thread.
  • ImDeadAgain41
    224 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »

I'm being serious. This isn't a call to see them do an exploit. Please keep any dislike for either of these guilds out of this thread.

Lol, sorry if I made you upset in any way. I was just joking. Many guilds do this, not just TS and TI.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Others have asked us to do this, but I don't see us trying it anytime soon. Hard to ask 50 people to take a break from rewards/kenobi shards... to do normal.

I do remember with Rancor that the first time we did t6 it required a refresh. And then we beat Heroic Rancor super quick... but we never went back to try that either.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Others have asked us to do this, but I don't see us trying it anytime soon. Hard to ask 50 people to take a break from rewards/kenobi shards... to do normal.

I do remember with Rancor that the first time we did t6 it required a refresh. And then we beat Heroic Rancor super quick... but we never went back to try that either.

Like I said, I understand why you wouldn't (if I were in your shoes I wouldn't want to either because of the opportunity cost). My guild had the same experience with the Rancor. I just find it odd that normal phases 1-3 has 3x the hp as all of heroic (from what is being reported). I'm genuinely curious if you guys could complete normal without a refresh. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't played many RPG/MMO's that gave you less HP at higher difficulties. They must think it's easier to add difficulty by increasing damage than worrying about HP.

Anyway, if we ever do it we will be sure to let the community know. It just might be a while!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Since the T7 raid was tumed for the conglomerate guilds to participate in, perhaps someone overlooked something in the normal raid because those people in the conglomerate guilds were only testing Heroic? I think before anyone can post how awesome they are for finishing T7, they should show how long it takes them to finish T6. Maybe they can't do it in 2-3 days (with the same 50 people only)... That would be my guess as to why they won't.

Honestly, I think the real answer is that Heroic should have been double or triple the HP it is now. TI and TS should still be struggling to tackle it still to this day. I think that would be better than what we have today. Where mixed guilds are slogging through T6- We are almost into P4... The 200 member conglomerates with 90+ roster scores basically auto zerged t7. Basically creating another big divide between the mid tier and the high tier in the game. Well, when you have only the conglomerates testing your raids, of course they are going to stack the deck in their favor.

In watching the videos, the difficulty of Heroic doesn't seem to be 5-10x that of normal, mechanics wise, like the health pools of each normal phase suggest.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, sorry if I made you upset in any way. I was just joking. Many guilds do this, not just TS and TI.

I'm not upset. But if all the guilds currently working on normal, many of which feel that the hp of the raid is over the top, want real feedback on the difficulty of the raid, who better to give that feedback than the two guilds who had teams complete heroic in a very short time frame. If, for instance, it took them a reset to complete normal, then we would all know the requirements for normal are too strict. If they completed normal in the same time frame as they did heroic, then well, we just all need to upgrade our rosters.
  • Options

I'm not upset. But if all the guilds currently working on normal, many of which feel that the hp of the raid is over the top, want real feedback on the difficulty of the raid, who better to give that feedback than the two guilds who had teams complete heroic in a very short time frame. If, for instance, it took them a reset to complete normal, then we would all know the requirements for normal are too strict. If they completed normal in the same time frame as they did heroic, then well, we just all need to upgrade our rosters.

If they complete normal in a refresh, the requirements aren't necessarily too strict. Like many guilds, when mine switched to heroic Rancor, we needed a refresh to complete T6. This is because of the hit point difference and only being able to send 5 squads.

If, however, it took them two refreshes or more, then there probably is a balance issue between the two tiers.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

If they complete normal in a refresh, the requirements aren't necessarily too strict. Like many guilds, when mine switched to heroic Rancor, we needed a refresh to complete T6. This is because of the hit point difference and only being able to send 5 squads.

If, however, it took them two refreshes or more, then there probably is a balance issue between the two tiers.

I see what you're saying based on the rancor raid, but let's be serious, it had balancing issues between t6 and t7 as well.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

This! It's beginning to feel like a if it smells like poop, tastes like poop, then it probably is poop kinda thing. I mean what a better way for the top 1% to get further ahead than to make the Heroic mode easy if you have a big roster (They really just Zerged it to 2% per with no strategy) and make the normal mode too hard for even those very same guilds to finish in a reasonable time.

Again, I dont' mind the difficulty really. The heroic world first should still be out there for the taking if it were tuned correctly. This content needs to last.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV