Bring back Palp event

Prev1
I know it said very rare but it's been a few months but it's time for it to come back. I'm sure a lot of people agree

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    If I can play it again just for fun then I agree
  • Options
    Every few months doesn't equate to very rare.
  • Options
    Sure it does. Yoda is a rare event that is monthly
  • Options
    In before the merge!
  • Options
    I'm sorry but it was an "extremely rare" event. Yoda is not rare.
    People will complain about anything. Begging doesn't solve anything.
  • Grraauuggh
    363 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Quarterly seems fair. Semi-annually seems a bit too long. I can see an argument for something in-between these 2 options, but quarterly still seems like the best option to me, and we're already past the 3 month mark.
  • Options
    @Wonder_breadz yes yoda is considered a rare event
  • Options
    For extremely rare it should be every few months. Every 3 months would mean only 4 times a year
  • Options
    My bets will be on December
  • Options
    Honestly when they said "extremely rare" event my thoughts immediately were it would be every 6 months. The assault events are NOT listed as extremely rare events and we've seen them go 3 months between them for sure. To me, this means a 6 month gap is not out of the question. Which seems fine to me for something that's listed as extremely rare. And no, I am not one who already has a 7* Palp. I'm waiting for it to come around just as everyone else is. But I understand this event could be a long ways off too.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    It's coming back on Halloween >:)>:)>:)
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    He's not a big deal anymore, focus on someone that will help you in the long run.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

I doubt it. They said they'll give us an advanced notice unlike announcing it the day before.
  • Options
    I think palp and ships in Dec for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    Halloween would be a perfect time for it.
  • Options
    Emperor should only roll around once every 5 years to insure he is useless and no one will want him by then. Some of you elitists should go find something else to do lol. Let everyone get a shot while the toon is still cool. And yeah yoda was going to be "rare" when they released him. How soon we forget.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    In a recent video interview EA_Jesse asked a dev if it was coming back anytime soon, he said..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5cGNcvaAkI
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    He's not a big deal anymore, focus on someone that will help you in the long run.

Um? What? My whole arena shard top 50 is palp lead, or lando lead with palp in it. On top of that, he makes it possible to finish all 12 nodes of GW with a full empire team. Palp lead in GW makes it so much easier. To say he's not a big deal and doesn't help you in the long run is absurd.
  • Options
    I think palp and ships in Dec for obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons? Like what? Is there a new SW movie coming out or something?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options

Um? What? My whole arena shard top 50 is palp lead, or lando lead with palp in it. On top of that, he makes it possible to finish all 12 nodes of GW with a full empire team. Palp lead in GW makes it so much easier. To say he's not a big deal and doesn't help you in the long run is absurd.
    He's not a big deal and doesn't help you in the long run.

Very few in my top 20 use him, he has been figured out, sure in GW he is great, I wouldnt count on him making you a top arena team which is why I said focus on someone else that will help you.

• Options
    Zooey wrote: »

I doubt it. They said they'll give us an advanced notice unlike announcing it the day before.

Did I hear "August"?
  • Options
    A Palp team in arena isn't hard to beat. Take Palp out and he stuns and shocks no one. He's squishy and easy to take out. Attack him first with a DPS assist caller and game over.
  • Options
    However, I agree, he's a massive help in GW. No matter if you have him at 5*, 6* or 7*
    But arena. I'll target that team all day.
  • Options
    I didnt loose one gw since i got EP
  • Options

sorry can't agree with that at all. i focus on who i like. not the meta or what everyone else is using.

to me he is a very big deal. my absolute favorite star wars character of all time.

for me it's not whether you win or loose it's how much fun you have in doing it.
  • Options
    August
  • Options
    It did say extremely rare event
  • Options
    Would it be a good idea for them to let the people who have already completed the Event to still participate?

I think it would be good because we could use the overflow of shards for either grevious or Gear in the shard shop. It would also be good because it's an "Extremely Rare Event" so the excess in shards wouldn't be often.

I just want to play the event even though i've completed it.

Maybe they could do other rewards like Omega Mats or credits or something once it's already been completed fully?

• MorbiusMD
    219 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    They will have to time the rerun of the palp event very carefully if they want to make as much money again out of it. I think it needs the maximum number of medium age players to do so; newish players wouldn't bother trying and veterans would already have the prerequisites. I reckon they calculate all this stuff and are waiting for the perfect moment. I think it could be a little after Christmas so that the festive influx of players has matured a bit.
    Of course, they could just change the requirements for the event to something that nobody has, which would be more than a little annoying. Or perhaps they could do it unchanged sooner, but squeeze money out of people by running it for a much shorter time.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    August

https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!