Friendly Advice on raids, mods, new content

Cashavelli
303 posts Member
edited October 2016
Hi!

Step 1: Fix the new raid so it's not tearing guilds apart, hemmorhaging players from customer base.

I get what you tried to do, and it was really poorly implemented. Nobody is going to want to pay for your game if it's so obnoxiously unfair that there's not even a carrot on a stick to go after.

Step 2: Fix mods so they're not unbelievably convoluted and difficult to obtain.

Step 3: Release content your customers want. You guys need to put out a popular feature before you lose everyone. Release ships as quickly as possible.

You won't listen to me because I'm just a dirty plebian, but if you do this, you will have a game that stands the test of time and can provide a stable, long-term revenue stream.

Ok bysesies.
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• Options
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    you will have a game that stands the test of time and can provide a stable, long-term revenue stream

That is the opposite of the new gaming model...

The new gaming model:
    1) Create something simple that will draw people in
    2) Make some aspects competitive
    3) Allow purchases that give an advantage
    4) Throw out "new content" that requires some aspect that can be purchased
    5) Repeat till the money does not flow
    6) Drop game and create a new one similar to the old

What game companies are after these days is what they call "disposable income." They are looking for addictive personalities that have money to spend. They dangle a carrot in front of their noses and tell them if they just spend some money the carrot will be easier to obtain.
  • Options
    you will have a game that stands the test of time and can provide a stable, long-term revenue stream

The new gaming model:

What game companies are after these days is what they call "disposable income." They are looking for addictive personalities that have money to spend. They dangle a carrot in front of their noses and tell them if they just spend some money the carrot will be easier to obtain.

Ok well that's terrifying. Can they go ahead and not do that?
  • Options

The new gaming model:

Ok well that's terrifying. Can they go ahead and not do that?
    XeenMcKenna told it like it is. I have nothing further to add.
  • Options
    What's the big deal? I like to think I helped EA employees and other video game app employees pay off their student loans. Those Candy pixels aren't going to Crush themselves without my wallet and help you know.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Hi!

Step 1: Fix the new raid so it's not tearing guilds apart, hemmorhaging players from customer base.

I get what you tried to do, and it was really poorly implemented. Nobody is going to want to pay for your game if it's so obnoxiously unfair that there's not even a carrot on a stick to go after.

Step 2: Fix mods so they're not unbelievably convoluted and difficult to obtain.

Step 3: Release content your customers want. You guys need to put out a popular feature before you lose everyone. Release ships as quickly as possible.

You won't listen to me because I'm just a dirty plebian, but if you do this, you will have a game that stands the test of time and can provide a stable, long-term revenue stream.

Ok bysesies.

1) Complain about something being poorly implemented
    2) Complain about something being convoluted and difficult to do.
    3) Release something as fast as possible!!!

One of these things seems to contradict the others.....

Try this.
    1) This new raid seems impossibly difficult. Perhaps a rework for the normal tier is in order?
    2) Please do something to help with the mod interface. It's nearly impossible.
    3) Take your time on anything new to help ensure it is clear and not bugged.
  • Options

The new gaming model:

You forgot to mention "Skinner box", but yes, this is the new gaming model to a tee. ;)
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »

The issue with this one is...it seemed like they were taking their time with the tank raid, even delayed it to make sure everything worked well. Then the raid dropped and its like trying to drain a lake with a slotted spoon for the majority of the player base...does this show that it doesn't matter how long they take for new content, it will always have massive issues?
  • Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    .it seemed like they were taking their time with the tank raid, even delayed it to make sure everything worked well.

Well I'm sure the 2 month delay was so the testers could finish normal mode once....
  • Options
    @7AnimalMother
    Ha! They had to be sure it could be finished at least once. Truth is, they don't have any idea if heroic can actually be beaten without cheesing the system. Their testers are only about 30% of the way through that raid still.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Hi!

Ok bysesies.

1) Complain about something being poorly implemented
    2) Complain about something being convoluted and difficult to do.
    3) Release something as fast as possible!!!

One of these things seems to contradict the others.....

Try this.
    1) This new raid seems impossibly difficult. Perhaps a rework for the normal tier is in order?
    2) Please do something to help with the mod interface. It's nearly impossible.

You seem fun!

Yes, I'm suggesting they release content as quickly as possible. Assuming they've done their job and made sure it was quality content.

Are you suggesting they rushed this raid and that's why it's terrible? Lmao. I'd say it was anything but rushed.

Expeditiously releasing content hasn't been the determining factor on whether or not something has been quality. They had months and months of teasing us with this raid and it's still a mess.
  • Options
    LOL if you think ships is going to be the answer to your woes ... You can bet the grind on ships is going to be every bit as painfully slow as the AAT raid. Welcome to 1-month to farm a single upgrade, of which you will need six; OR buy the upgrade for only $14.99!
  • Options
    LOL if you think ships is going to be the answer to your woes ... You can bet the grind on ships is going to be every bit as painfully slow as the AAT raid. Welcome to 1-month to farm a single upgrade, of which you will need six; OR buy the upgrade for only $14.99!

I'm with you on your pessimistic attitude but it's a different type of grind.

Personally, I love star wars ships and I'd actually be pretty happy to log in every day to deck out my shiny, new b-wing fighter.

The difference here is that with the raid, it's more like slamming your head against a brick wall expecting to make a dent. Whereas with the ship grind/shard grind/gear grind, etc. there is a clear-cut definitive start and end.