Ligh Side 7D Hard

Finished node with 1 death. But man how can you battle Palpatine if he crits over 10k and oneshots fully healed JC.
Anyone got 3 star on this mission and what strategy did you use? Which lineup?

I killed Vader 1st than Tarkin than went for Palpatine ignoring Royal Guards. Should I go Vader - Palpatine than rest. Just wanna get rid of VAder fast since he is not close to Palpa hp and get rid of his ability to aoe my guys. If he didnt crit I would have breezed through it, so is it your only hope for him not to crit.

My team - Barris (ally), Lumi 7 (Lead), Ct fives 6, JC 5, Poe 5, Leia 3. All in purple maxed gear lvl 63. Can trow in Chewii, QGJ, Ahsoka, Ima Gun Di, some others.

Replies

• Options
    Omg quick nerf him!!!
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Beat it on auto. He does hit hard indeed, but he did not one-shot my JC (close though- maybe 1-2 red health bars left). DEFENSE UP would probably be a useful skill.

Barriss 7* (lead), JC 7*, Lumi 7*, Mace 5*, Aksoka 4*; QGJ 7* (ally)

I didn't realize that I'd unlocked LS 7 until my team was level 64 though - maybe the one level helps?

Targeting sequence was Tarkin, Vader, RGs, then Palpatine.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    I did it on auto as well.
    Barriss 4* (leader), JC 7*, Lumi 7*, Ashoka4*, Poe 5*, forgot the ally but it wasnt even lvl 60

Healers and Poe were lvl 63 with max gear possible, Ashoka lvl 60 gear 6.

I think Barriss leadership helped with surviving Palps attacks

Kill order: Tark, Vader, ERGs, Palp
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »
    Omg quick nerf him!!!

Grow up.
    If you cant type anything mature please don't post such rubbish. I was asking others how did they finished that particular encounter.
    I did not whine for nerf or anything. I like challenges. Just asked for help.
    Thanks
  • Options
    I suggest Mace to debuff Palpatine's Offense Up before he attacks again and crits someone to oblivion.

Haven't run the hard missions yet but with an all Jedi team with 3x at only 4*, average gear and mediocre ability (Ima (L) level 45, Ahsoka level 50 and Mace level 57 all abilities at 3) with 6* JC and 7* Lumi (decent gear / abilities on both) , it was a cakewalk through the normal difficulty, could run it on auto. I just imagine I need to level/gear/star the weak three toons up a tad and they'd saunter through it.

Ima Gun Di in the lead gives counter chance to all Jedi so running the 7 Normal battles, they'd often counter 3 or 4 toons simultaneously against Vader and Ventress' AoE attacks plus it helps boost chances on things like JC's cooldowns -1 and Mace's Defense up, with every counter.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I used auto for both of the emperors Nodes. I had Fives and Mace on my team. I guess they slowed and unbuffed him. I dunno.
  • Options
    I never had a real problem with this one, but then again I didn't bother with it until most of my LS team were pretty well leveled and geared. IIRC, the first time through I had Lumi (7*) as lead, JC (6*) (both lv 70 and gear 8), Eeth Koth and Ahsoka (both 4* or 5*, lv 60, gear 7), and Jawa (4*, lv 60-65, gear 7). Don't remember who the ally was, but it was probably Barris. Beat it, with the loss of Jawa. Brought in JKG (4/5*, lv 60, gear 7) in place of Jawa for additional HP and was able to get three stars without too much issue. Have autoed it with that team (a couple toons higher level now) a couple times since to farm. I ignore the RGs as much as I can, go for Tarkin first since he's got that offense down AOE and the least HP, then Vader, then Emperor, then mop up the RGs. If Vader does his AOE, I hit him with Lumi's Block or Eeth's Stun next chance I get whether I was attacking him or not (but he's usually dead or close to it by then anyway) so his Saber Throw doesn't one shot me. Never had too much of a problem with Emperor's lightning attack, though I think that's what killed the Jawa first time. The extra HP, evasion, and healing from Lumi and Barris are probably why.