IDEA FOR DEVS! Helmets, hoods, and more! Unlock alternate aesthetics with crystals. NOT skins!

What if certain characters could have slightly different aesthetics (for a price of crystals, of course)? For instance, all the clone characters could have their helmets on (or off in the case of Clone Sergeant – Phase I). Alternatively, instead of taking the helmet off of Clone Sergeant (or troopers such as Stormtrooper, First Order Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, etc.), the crystals unlock war paint (is that what it is called?) for the armor, thus turning your basic trooper into a more individualized or elite-looking one. Additionally, many of the basic troopers could be either male or female. Adding a choice when removing the helmet could add even more aesthetic customization, including gender. You would simply have to pay more crystals for more options.

Many Jedi and Sith, if wearing a cloak, would now be able to have their hoods up or down (e.g.

What I am proposing is different from “skins.” Skins will not work in this game, because different “skins” often denote completely different toons (e.g. Stormtrooper Han and Han Solo). What I am proposing (“alternate aesthetics”…please help me on a better name) does not rob us of different toons of the same character. It merely allows the current outfit of the toon function as it normally would have been able to. This luxury ability would increase the demand of crystals (good for the economy of the game) and would be a fun option to have!

Not all characters may have an alternate aesthetic, but below is a list of characters with individualized aesthetic alternatives. So what do you think? Would you spend crystals for this option? Did my list miss anything?

Helmets on: Biggs and Wedge (Pilot Helmet), Cody, Echo, Fives, Rex,

Helmets off (war paint idea for basic troopers): Boba Fett, Cad Bane (hat off), Captain Phasma (not seen in the movies, but seen in promotional material), Clone Sergeant (war paint would be cooler), Coruscant Underworld Police (male/female), Darth Vader (the look right before he died), FO Stormtrooper (male/female), FO TIE Pilot (male/female), Magmatrooper (fire-themed war paint, male/female), Resistance Pilot (male and/or female), Resistance Trooper (male and/or female), Shoretropper (male and/or female), Snowtrooper (male and/or female), TIE Pilot (male and/or female), and Tuskens?

Hoods up: Jedi Knight Guardian, Old Ben. Most don’t have a cloak on. Perhaps adding appropriate cloaks could enable more Jedi and Sith to be aesthetically customized.

Hoods down: Darth Sidious, Emperor Palpatine, Jedi Consular, Barriss Offee, and all the Jawas (what, you aren’t curious?).

Bonus: Kylo Ren (Kylo can have 1. His default aesthetic 2. His cloak and helmet off, revealing his luscious black hair and 3. His cloak off, but his helmet on. All three of these aesthetics are seen for substantial amounts of time in the The Force Awakens).

Replies

• Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    I don't mind this, but I don't want it to take their efforts away from new characters, ships, balancing etc.
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    I would actually spend money on this game if we could do this. I feel like it would take too much time and effort for them to do it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I want to see the Clones with their helmets on. I have no problem with any other characters and the way they look. But the Clones look amazing with helmets on. So disappointing, although I understand the thematic approach they went with the clones all looking the same.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    A neat idea, and I know a lot of people are into customization and would pay crystals for this, but I kind of feel like the majority of the base would see it as a waste of crystals, especially given the gear grind. Maybe some of the so-called sea mammalia would go for this, but I just don't know how much of the player base would spend crystals. Maybe if there was some other currency that built up, like ability mats or ally points? Don't know if they're looking to add another spendable material though. Heck, maybe just use ally points for that, as right now it seems ally points are only good for bronzium.

• Options
    How about no.
    There are far too many more important things than that. This game is about leveling and battling, not designs.
  • Options
    No thanks. Yuk
  • Options
    Sounds like a waste of time
  • Options
    I feel like if they start focusing on cosmetics that it would take away time for other issues, although I want my Ewoks to have hats.
  • Options
    Selling cosmetic gear is a way to make money without making this game more pay to win.

This is good for the game.
  • Options
    Give every character a free birthday hat on the anniversary lol
  • Options
    How about a full team of makeup artist for each toon?
  • Options
    Selling cosmetic gear is a way to make money without making this game more pay to win.

This is good for the game.

Exactly! And I don't see a downside to having the option. It would merely make the game more fun for many, help us be more invested in our characters, and make the game revenue.
  • Options
    As long as bugfixing, balancing of exsisting content, new content creation etc (basically the important things in goh-life) take priority, i think this would be a great thing to have
  • Options
    I love this idea, really I do. Its always cool to personalize toons to make you stand out a little in crowds. However, CG/EA can barely handle releasing quality content with minimal bugs and balancing issues, let alone the massive exploits that always follow. I just don't see them being able to do this and make other new content.
  • Options
    no thanks
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Boba's helmet shouldn't come off. They could allow us to choose between his current ESB look and ROTJ though.

Leia...at least 5 different outfit choices there (Current ANH, Hoth, Bespin, Slave, Endor Commando). We all know which one most everyone would use.

What a great way to waste otherwise valuable crystals?! No thanks. Give Echo a helmet so I/we can easily tell him from 5's.