B1 Battle Droids

Star Wars is awesome. It has such a massive pool of great and interesting characters and CG have only dipped their toes in that pool as of now. We've still got plenty of characters to go and I'm sure we'll be seeing some awesome ones down the road, but one playable character I'd love to see that I haven't really seen anyone else suggest is a B1 Battle Droid. Yes, I know that's as generic as you can get, but despite that, they're still a massive part of the Universe. We've seen them in the movies, multiple TV shows and books, so why not? Plus a new droid and separatist couldn't hurt!

So, would anyone else out there actually like to see a playable B1 Battle Droid or should they just be left as an AI exclusively controlled enemy?
Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"

Replies

• Options
    I want the b1. They seem to have good abilities and high speed in the missions and challenges.
  • Options
    I want the b1. They seem to have good abilities and high speed in the missions and challenges.
    Yeah, I'm not really wanting them for what they have to offer, but rather I just feel like they should be in the game and on my roster hehe. But yeah, speed and a nice kit for a new droid would be great.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Roger Roger would love see b1 battledroid maybe he can bring droids back to the top of food chain here .
  • Options
    +1 for B1. He's already in game so it shouldn't be too hard to make him playable? Think droids need another toon. His abilities under AI look similar to 86 though with the assist attack and I wouldn't want him to be better then 86 as let's face it, B1's are just terrible lol. Maybe have his assist call another droid to assist if assisting ally is a droid? Or maybe a passive ability like Echo has where he can assist other droids basic attacks? Something like that I guess
  • Options
    Well eh could always change the whole character from ai to playable like they did with B2 however the problem is B1s are meant to be disposable, quality over quality to overwhelm the Jedi. Not sure how you could transfer that to game really
  • Options
    +1. WE WANT B1 AND R2D2.
  • Options
    darkside wrote: »
    +1. WE WANT B1 AND R2D2.

Actually forget B1. R2 the only droid we need!
  • Defense1236
    737 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I suggested B1
  • Aamir_Ren
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I definitely agree. It should have assist as it's basic ability (call B2 to assist if present) and then for a special ability, it could call throw a thermal detonator which inflicts AoE damage and inflict damage over time. It could also have anti clone abilities where attacks deal more damage to clones and definitely have synergies with separatist teams. A unique ability could be that whenever a jedi or clone attacks it, it gains turn meter...