Allies - please explain

BillyBeans
440 posts Member
edited January 2016
How do they work?

It seems random... Is there any structure to which ally I can use? Can I get characters from the same ally more than once in a day?

I ask because sometimes I can get decent ones, yet recently, especially on DS...I get nothing but terrible options.

Thanks for help!
Post edited by Hozilla on

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    We know that you can reuse ally characters in 4 hours thanks to one of the flashing tooltips on the data card screen.

You also can't borrow a character that is currently on your active team.

It's believed that you can only borrow your allies' last *leader* that they used in the section you're playing.

So...if many of your allies are for instance using Lumi or Sid as leaders, and you too are using them on your teams then you'll never get an option to borrow from those allies.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks!

Trying get a good Daka ally for DS 5K/5L
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »

So...if many of your allies are for instance using Lumi or Sid as leaders, and you too are using them on your teams then you'll never get an option to borrow from those allies.

Edit:
    Ok. I tested that theory and **** if that is not true. I had al kinds of bariss available as allies. I picked mace instead replaced lumi with bariss and ran the mission. After it was done when I went back to run it again bariss was not available but know Lumi was.

So I take back my previous comment:

I don't think that is true. You pick your ally before your team. So if you pick an ally you own you can't use your copy of that character. I use bariss and sid all the time and get the option to use them as my ally all the time. It just means I can not add my sid or bariss to the team.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Gotcha. Thanks!

Trying get a good Daka ally for DS 5K/5L
    Right, and that'll be hard for you because her leader skill isn't great. So few of us run her as leader, which means you're unlikely to see her in your borrow list. Send me an ally request and I'll add you, then I'll switch to a Daka lead when you're ready for her.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.