Scoundrel Team

SnokeTrooper
189 posts Member
edited October 2016
My scoundrel team right now is Lando lead, IG 88, ST Han and Cad Bane, so who should I use as my fifth? I have been using Chewbacca but have no need for another taunt. I am also f2p, so even though I have Zam at 4 stars she is not really an option. Han Solo is also not an option.

Scoundrel Team 42 votes

Dengar
45%
ShewardNZombie961NDSnyderEgo12DraconisVertigoZooeyDefense1236Ava_KdizzleAmbassadorTannjamNotMattBulYwifbigrig150jedi007BarBarJinksCHAPTEl2SamejdotcifixAamir_Ren 19 votes
Chewbacca
16%
clagsmdvincentlondonevanbioSwasAyeFN55378008Indominable_JFlamethrow 7 votes
Nute
2%
Tuftedpaper85 1 vote
Greedo
9%
TrisbouillexReDeMpxFatherToastJCinthehouse037 4 votes
Boba
19%
IAmExceptionSpeedRacerDarthisthenightamementomoriAlCapone_lukeroksSupercatLuffman816 8 votes
Gammoreon Guard
2%
adamwxman 1 vote
Mob enforcer
4%
Optimus11PerdHappers 2 votes

Replies

• Malthael
    972 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you are commited to an all scoundrel team,

I'd probably go Boba L, lando, 88, Sthan, Dengar or (possibily better)
    Greedo L, Lando, 88, Sthan, Dengar

Have Dengar go before your 88 / Greedo
    Should be fun to watch.

If you are set on those starting 4, I'd chose Dengar as your fifth.
  • Options
    Dengar
    My Team is Lando (L), STH, CB, IG-88, and BF (farmed him when I first started the game and didn't realize how terrible he was).

If I had it to do over again, and wasn't trying to farm JE, I'd go with Dengar in Place of Fett.
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    If you are commited to an all scoundrel team,

I'd probably go Boba L, lando, 88, Sthan, Dengar or (possibily better)
    Greedo L, Lando, 88, Sthan, Dengar

Have Dengar go before your 88 / Greedo
    Should be fun to watch.

If you are set on those starting 4, I'd chose Dengar as your fifth.
    Well I'm not looking for an arena team, just a team for the mod challenges, credit heist and training droid heist.

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Chewbacca
    For the heist events, Chewy is all you should need. I haven't spent much effort on the mod challenge for crit chance mods yet, so not sure if you'd need someone better. In the heists, I will usually rotate StH and Chewy taunts between the rounds. I can typically make it out of round 1 without using a taunt, have Chewy taunt for the 2nd round, then let StH do his thing in rd 3. I run Lando L, 88, StH, Chewy, and Boba usually.
  • Options
    Dengar
    If you just need mod challenges and heists chewie but if you want some use of them outside that Dengar is good in raids with his tenacity down
  • Options
    Boba
    Boba lead, lando, 88, st han, dengar.
  • Options
    So Dengars the way to go?
  • Options
    Dengar
    If you want more than heists yes if you just need a quick scoundrel for them chewie
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    If you want more than heists yes if you just need a quick scoundrel for them chewie
    I heard that Chewie is a pain to gear up though.

• Options
    Dengar
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    I heard that Chewie is a pain to gear up though.
    He is but having all your guys at gear 7 or 8 should get you through some of the hiests
  • Options
    What advantages does Chewie have over Dengar in the heists and the challenges?
  • Options
    Dengar
    Health Pool, Taunt, Self heal and TMR on basic vs Higher basic damage w/ assist, Stun/Slow/higher damage, and AOE tenacity down, DoT and TMR with enough crits.
    Depends what you need, if you need more damage Dengar is what you want, he's faster and will hit harder, but Chewie is easier to get from the beginning of the game/lower levels/newer players and if you have him theres no point in going to Dengar if you only need him for the heists and challenges when you could just do it with Chewie.
  • Options
    Greedo

Dengar is a great character, but he really only meets his potential when paired with Phasma, or at least on a team with more debuffs. Chewie is a suitable replacement otherwise, and perhaps better, since he can remove turn meter, self heal, and taunt if needed. Dengar really only has his very conditional stun when not in a synergy team, and doesn't draw much damage to his high health pool thanks to his auto-stealth.
  • Options
    Nute
    I voted for Nute just because that means that you and I would have the same scoundrel team, but Greedo would also be good for you. The key is that both of them are easy to farm and the thermal detonator comes in very handy in pve type events against the bosses since its damage is based off a percentage of the characters health. Also, I use omega'd 88's leader ability and use him instead of Lando. The dots inflict about 2.5k on the boss in the last phase of the credit heist and training droid heist, so if you stack those up then you can really save yourself some turns with that kind of damage
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dengar
    I voted Dengar because I farm him now. But I use Greedo for his detonators. I also have Gamo Guard which is also nice in the Cerdit Heist since he counters a lot when he taunts and give really a lot of DoT.

My current team: Lando (L), Greedo, Cad Bane, Gamo.and Chewy
    Next: Lando (L), Greedo, Cad Bane, Gamo.and Dengar (stun, assist)
  • Options
    Chewbacca

The issue is more the challenges than the heists. The heists you should be able to get through with Lando, STHan and Cad. The rest are window dressing, since it doesn't matter if you one star or three star the heist. In the challenges, you have to three star, which means having everyone survive. Chewie has a faster cooldown on his taunt than Stormy, meaning you can use it repeatedly in the heist, and can self heal, which gives you healing you otherwise lack with scoundrels.