MK 4 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage

This item is the bane of my existence. I feel like every character needs one at every level and the pain is mighty. The main part of my question is to understand the drop rates versus the display on the screen.

Example:
Light Side 5F: [MK4 (Purple)] x [Mk 2 Droid caller (green)] x [Training Droid]
Dark Side 6C: [MK 6 NeuroSaav (teal)] x [MK 1 Fabritech (white)] x [MK4 (Purple)]
Dark Side 6J: [MK 4 Merr Sonn (teal)] x [MK1 A/Kt (white)] x [MK4 (Purple)]

I had thought that the first item listed was the rarest, followed by the second versus the third being more common. I have done tests of 20 at a time on each of these battles, and the purple drop rate is about 15-20% on all the battles. Can anyone shed some light on drop rates and whether the listed order is relevant? Has anyone found a higher drop rate than 20%?

Replies

• Options
    Afaik the border color indicates drop rate. Grey is common, green and teal are uncommon and purple is rare.
  • Options
    I had already posted one in the forum regarding my frustratation on farming these. However I buy from shipments, it shows up, but I get 3 every 6 hours and I do not want to refresh with crystals. Keep going....
  • Options
    Please call them purple laptops, kthx.

They are a pain, but wait until you have to farm 50 purple blowdryers. Don't worry, we're all experiencing it!
  • Options
    Get to level 62 ASAP, the Tier III challenges are unlocked and give you much greater access to hard to farm purple mats. Also level 7 LS battles seem to have a better drop rate on these.

20ushm8.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Afaik the border color indicates drop rate. Grey is common, green and teal are uncommon and purple is rare.

I don't think that's the case, go to the sell screen and sort by rarity, the most rare item in my inventory is a gray bordered one you can pick up on a 6 energy PvE mission, second rarest is the purple Mk 8 Taggeco hololens you have to craft from dozens of constituent parts.

dfkn5g.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    ^^ Thank God. I am getting very sick of wasting my time with the medpacks and loronar cells etc. that I have had zero use for for a while :/
  • Options
    The purple laptops are annoying for sure, moreso since you need them in lots of 20 at a time. The (small) saving grace is that this is the first purple easily farmed from the Tier II Agi (healer/support) challenge (I think)... and then once you unlock Tier III, it's available on the Str (tanks) challenge as well.

Believe me there are other more painful items later on once you get past Tier VII gear... farm city for days.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    Purple laptop(IV) is the most common purple item needed. You will need sooooo many. It's so common that a few other purple items need laptops to even craft them. It's madness. But after a few weeks you'll notice that you have 4 or 5 just sitting there ready to be crafted. They drop a lot in challenges and seem to be very common in shipments as well.
  • Chewbadger
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi all! Same as everyone else here - these things drive me nuts! However, if you're farming for them, don't use sim tickets: run the battles. Been testing this theory for the last few days now. LS battle 6J: sim ticket drop rate around 10-15% (as JediLeriche said); running the battles (4 speed auto) drop rate is about 35-40%.
    Hope this helps...
  • Options
    Chewbadger wrote: »
    Hi all! Same as everyone else here - these things drive me nuts! However, if you're farming for them, don't use sim tickets: run the battles. Been testing this theory for the last few days now. LS battle 6J: sim ticket drop rate around 10-15% (as JediLeriche said); running the battles (4 speed auto) drop rate is about 35-40%.
    Hope this helps...

Sample size?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner