Ally Coins in GW Shipments!

Prev1
Amish_Ace
516 posts Member
edited November 2016
Say whaaaat?!?

You think you could have given us a little warning?! I had 30k+ saved up and dropped them all last week to get some extra raid gear prices for these jawas...

*Goes and cries in a pillow*

Edit*: it's 1200 GW tokens for 18k ally tokens, 800 for 12k ally tokens, and 400 for 6k ally tokens btw. How much are these character refreshes gonna cost?!
djvita wrote: »
zsRZtQv.png
Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol

Replies

• Options
    It doesn't show up in my gw shipments?
  • Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    It doesn't show up in my gw shipments?

You have to to refresh
  • Options
    I have refreshed, I also had the force client restart. Nothing shows up
  • Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    I have refreshed, I also had the force client restart. Nothing shows up

You refreshed GW and not shard shop right?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Not for me either.
  • Options
    I refreshed the game, I'm not spending crystals to refresh gw shipments.
  • Options
    Did you do the crystal refresh on the store?
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Did you do the crystal refresh on the store?

Yes. 50 crystals. Or wait and it refreshes at the usual times
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    ill tell u in 5 min
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    zsRZtQv.png
  • Options
    Thanks @djvita , quoted you in the first post.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    this is bad lol. i got up to 84k buying all three
    a whale in my guild is now at 630k, he was at 400k yesterday
  • Options
    Couple of new would of been nice.
  • Options
    :/ Well this was unexpected.
  • Options
    Cool, being lazy has paid off.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Cool, being lazy has paid off.

Yet again, those of us with OCD that need to clear the 3+ are the ones to pay! Ha!
  • Options
    lol I thought I was sitting good w 80k ally points.

refreshes are going to cost a lot fast.
  • Options
    I like it, GW is still limited. After the people who banked use them it evens out.
  • Options
    Wow, I guess I shouldn't have promoted 86 to 7*, unlocked Tusken Raider, got Dathca to 6*, Biggs to 7*, then unlocked and promoted Poggle to 5* all in the last two weeks.

Lol. Actually, it's cool. Poggle is fun to use and I don't regret it. Biggs will also be good once I get Wedge up to snuff.

Time to do 36 GW nodes and start building it back up!
  • Options

This "move" actually makes sense from a dev. point of view.
    The way they see it adding a character to gw shipments will be immediatly acquired since many players are sitting in huge amounts of gw currency. This way people will use it to buy ally points that are otherwise useless or spend it in a tournament... either way it might clear the way to introduce characters to gw shipments.

Now, a different point on discussion would be how they group players (namely server age), because in a tournament that as its premise in roster depht its useless to think that a player from a december shard is in the same level as a player from a august (lol) shard... just because they are both level 80.
    Last tournament the servers didn't account for that, and I - unfortunately- suspect it will continue to be so =(

That is to say that balance and leveling the playfield isn't a main concern on this event...
    It seems that in a Dev mind going in with 630k ally points or 20k... people are in a similar situation...

Must be the same guy that balanced the aat raid...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »

The way they see it adding a character to gw shipments will be immediatly acquired since many players are sitting in huge amounts of gw currency. This way people will use it to buy ally points that are otherwise useless or spend it in a tournament... either way it might clear the way to introduce characters to gw shipments.

Now, a different point on discussion would be how they group players (namely server age), because in a tournament that as its premise in roster depht its useless to think that a player from a december shard is in the same level as a player from a august (lol) shard... just because they are both level 80.
    Last tournament the servers didn't account for that, and I - unfortunately- suspect it will continue to be so =(

That is to say that balance and leveling the playfield isn't a main concern on this event...
    It seems that in a Dev mind going in with 630k ally points or 20k... people are in a similar situation...

Yes, they are very good at getting ppl to spend what they need to so they can introduce things. It would be funny if they put shore trooper in GW store...haha. pay 10x to get the same toon from the tournament.

They grouped by top 5 toons, kinda sucks but it is what it is. They should group by the rating style used on swgoh.gg, would be nice if ppl were grouped based on % complete of the collection. Then it would be based on who you farmed and geared but everyone would be in a similar place kinda like arena shards.
  • Options
    @Kyno
    Very true to all your points. I have two accounts. One from May and another I started in September.

I did exceptionally better in my newer account (still didn't unlock him though) and even spent less in crystals than in my old account.

The reason is simple. Yes I hit the level cap in mid August but I was fighting against squads that were maxed and omega'd while I only had basically one squad that could compete with most of defensive squads.

It is what it is, but I do wish there was a way I could compete more along the lines of people in my own league.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »

Or this is a sign no new characters will be added to gw shipments. There are now 2 paths for gw tokens - shard shop, or ally points. Players choice. Gw could be considered stable and they add all new toons to other areas
  • Options
    Well looks like I saved my GW tokens for Shoretrooper. What a deal
  • Options
    Watch out, gossip around says Cody gonna be at GW after tournaments.

Very likely to happen, as said, they want people to spend all shipments credits.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

Very likely to happen, as said, they want people to spend all shipments credits.

That "gossip" is most certainly wrong
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

That "gossip" is most certainly wrong
    Why are u so sure? What do u know, share with us :smile:

Anyway, not gonna spend endless crystals refreshing to buy ally points to gamble for a tank. Gonna sit on my thousands GW credits and get the toon to be added there after.

• Options
    As a level 64 player still needing every character in there should i roll the dice on data cards? Still a lot of full characters i can get, and if i happen to unlock characters i already have i get way more than 5 shards, plus im pretty sure this is a limited time only thing.
  • Options
    I also noticed they bumped up the ally coins when you sim a node. 30 now instead of 10
  • Options
    All of a sudden the 200k I've been hording doesn't seem so special anymore. Anyone with a couple thousand gw coins can easily get what I've been saving for months.

Allie points were supposed to be collected by using allies...id of much rather them add new toons then to take of three slots for people to trade coins.

God the devs don't seem too smart these days.