Which character to build and why...

Sacull_Kinslayer
797 posts Member
edited November 2016
Current arena team: Anakin (L), qgj, phasma, Rey, and Lum. All geared 10 or 11.

I want to work towards replacing Luminara and/or phasma. As I am a free player not everything is available but I do have some prime targets. With cantina energy I am working fast on Lando. With cantina coins I have both 5s and Ashoka unlocked and at 5* g7 or 8.

Who should I focus on with my current setup and for ease of building... 5s or ahsoka?

Anakin (L), qgj, Rey, ?, ?

What would you build?

Replies

• Options
    I'm not a fan of either really but I'd give the edge to Fives. Even with her crit immunity, that's easily dispelled and after that she's way to prone and becomes slow and an easy target. Everyone always sings Fives praises and how he's always a last man standing and that's because he's just not a threat at all. I find I'm annoying in GW as I try to end battles with full health and cooldowns reset but in Arena he is useless imo. At least he can apply some speed down though. Just hope his double counters aren't hitting STHan! Lol
  • Options
    Too finish off your team STHan and Lando are solid toons you can add there. Cantina coins convert to shard shop for gear :)
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I completely forgot I'm working on SThan as well. I've got him at 6* and g8 I think.

I'm not a huge fan of using him though... I've always been kind of proud to have a good arena squad that was mostly not completely cookie cutter lol... But I can't deny the effectiveness of SThan. And Lando.

Thanks you guys
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean. Having to farm toons you might not want just because you have to in order to be successful.. It's boring. I'd definitely run an all Jedi or Sith team if I could but here I am farming rebels I don't care about to get to the top lol
  • Options
    Lando L, sth, ani, qgj, rey.
  • Options
    Lando leader? Even though his leader ability only will affect himself and han? Whereas anakin will increase everyone's damage? Or is lando's speed increase that vital to ensure han taunts early?
  • Options
    You could go either, but these days the faster you can get sth the better. Also the 29% crit dmg will boost landos aoe alot.
  • Options
    If you're a free player then you have to continue with your current setup and tweak. There's just too much grinding in the later levels for you to decide that you want to change your core and swap out more than two toons. I would recommend Ahsoka over Fives to replace Lumi's spot and Lando to replace Phasma's with Ani as the lead. Ahsoka hits pretty an Anakin lead and I haven't been too impressed with the teams that run Sthan as their only tank. The minute you dispel him he becomes a wasted spot in the lineup
  • Options
    If you're a free player then you have to continue with your current setup and tweak. There's just too much grinding in the later levels for you to decide that you want to change your core and swap out more than two toons. I would recommend Ahsoka over Fives to replace Lumi's spot and Lando to replace Phasma's with Ani as the lead. Ahsoka hits pretty an Anakin lead and I haven't been too impressed with the teams that run Sthan as their only tank. The minute you dispel him he becomes a wasted spot in the lineup
    No he doesnt,st hans main purpose is that he makes your whole team go first,ig he is dispelled its no biggie
    where is darth jar jar?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I'd keep Phasma and replace Lumi first. StH works well, as does Lando. I like Ahsoka, but feel she's best in a Jedi squad, as there aren't really a lot of other options there anyway. And while a lot of people want Phasma to go before Lando, I like her to go after. Lando getting double crits isn't tough, so then Phasma goes to charge up Lando for the big 2nd hit. Add a StH boost in there, and you could be dealing heavy damage frequently.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I'd keep Phasma and replace Lumi first. StH works well, as does Lando. I like Ahsoka, but feel she's best in a Jedi squad, as there aren't really a lot of other options there anyway. And while a lot of people want Phasma to go before Lando, I like her to go after. Lando getting double crits isn't tough, so then Phasma goes to charge up Lando for the big 2nd hit. Add a StH boost in there, and you could be dealing heavy damage frequently.

I plan on replacing Luminara first. I do really like lum though. But i also see that she isn't strong enough to be consistently used. I'll have STHan before I get Lando. With the speed I already have running he will help nicely. Once I get Lando up there then I'll have some choices to make.

Fyi my phasma is one of my slowest chars... At 186 speed. I'll definitely have han and lando with a higher speed.