Question on Vader

This is mostly about Vader but may be true of other toons; apologies if this has been asked before.

I notice that Vader, when he attacks, is basically getting two hits. So even when he misses with the first swing of his basic attack - like, say, he's attacked someone with foresight - his backhand will still hit. Are there other characters for whom that's true? I've never seen it with anyone else (not Savage, Sid, Maul, etc.), but was wondering if others have.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I actually thought it counted as 1 hit... Fives Basic doube tap, Reys Leverage and Flurry of Blows for example even though more than 'one' hit will all be absorbed by foresight
  • Options
    It's a UI bug, but not a mechanical one. If you read the description of his basic attack, it says that it can't be dodged by Jedi. But the UI will still show DODGED if the attack would have been dodged, then the damage shows and is applied.

General Greivous has a similar ability, but the UI doesn't show the DODGED message when he attacks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yeah, I get that and understand how it SHOULD work. But that's not what I see in this case. I wish I could screen shot it. But basically, here's what happens.

Yoda has foresight. Vader attacks with Terrifying Swing. The first swing misses, as it should. The return swing hits, DOES DAMAGE, and lands ability block. The description of that ability reads:

Deal physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict ability block for 1 turn. Jedi cannot evade or resist the effects of this attack.

So while I can accept that his attack should be able to cause ability block, it should NOT cause damage...unless the AI really is treating his two swings as two separate attacks. That's certainly what it looks like it's doing to me. If you have a character with foresight, try fighting him; you'll see what I mean. First swing will miss and erase foresight, and the second will hit (unless, of course, you dodge or evade it and you aren't a Jedi).

I think it's kinda cool, but it should be spelled out a bit more clearly.
  • Astrid1381
    319 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Jedi enemies cannot evade or Resist the effects of this attack,its wai it can still break through foresight cuz foresight is basically 100 % evade chance
    where is darth jar jar?