Darth Maul shards

Prev1
Has anyone seen Darth Maui's shards available in the cantina shipments? If so can you let me know I need one more for his 5Th star

Replies

• Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Darth Maui's shards available in the cantina shipments? If so can you let me know I need one more for his 5Th star

Maul is only available via buying packs but is such a jedi killer i can see why
  • Options
    So they give you 32 x2 to put you one short at 64/65 lol or is 32 shards a good pull? Have anyone got less than 32?
  • Options
    So they give you 32 x2 to put you one short at 64/65 lol or is 32 shards a good pull? Have anyone got less than 32?

I think it goes 7,12,32 shards so i believe 32 shards is the bombers.
  • Options
    Well then I don't feel as choked, still though starring at 64/65 shards is very enticing.
  • Options
    Well then I don't feel as choked, still though starring at 64/65 shards is very enticing.

It is isn't it lol my Maul just needs a million credits and i can promote to *7. @Calus_78 he is deadly againt any jedi. All of his attacks deal double damage to jedi and he crits like mad plus every enemy that dies gives him bonuses like getting health back.

I.e
    First enemy down is 15% crit chance bonus
  • Options
    If you pull a Chromium (or Bronzium) and a full toon drops that you already have, it's converted to shards, the rate at which it's converted isn't random, it's based on the star level of the toon when it's unlocked.

If a toon unlocks at 1*, you get 7 shards if you already have it.
    I believe it's 12 for a 2* toon but don't quote me on that.
    It's 25 for toons that unlock at 3* (I had Lobot drop from a Bronzium and that's what I got)
    I believe it's 32 for 4* toons.

Maul is Chromium only, at least for now so keep that in mind if you're investing gear and mats into him, you're going to see diminishing returns as you level up since as a squishy 4* toon, he's going to become obsolete as you start to face the higher level opponents.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I noticed in GW it is sometimes possible to receive a chromium-only shard. For instance I received a single Leia shard yesterday from the final GW battle. This would sure come in handy to complete that final 65th shard for Maul, if you're in this situation.

I'm curious: has anyone received a single Maul shard from GW?
  • Options
    I'm ftp and have 2 shards from having done 40 gw
  • Options
    I have gotten a maul shard from glaltic wars last stage, only 64 more to 5* *yay*
  • Options
    I'm curious: has anyone received a single Maul shard from GW?

Yep, I got one today in my GW.

If a toon unlocks at 1*, you get 7 shards if you already have it.
    I believe it's 12 for a 2* toon but don't quote me on that.
    It's 25 for toons that unlock at 3* (I had Lobot drop from a Bronzium and that's what I got)
    I believe it's 32 for 4* toons.

Exactly. And confirmed by devs, either here or Reddit, can't find it but read it by a dev somewhere. Either that or I need to lay off the sauce. Maybe a lil of both.
  • nysi
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully, they will add a new way for farm for those character, and add new one for Chromium onlly. I love Cad bane and Maul, I can use them a 3* and 4* for the moment, but they will become less and less stronger than my other toons..
  • Options
    Cool to know about GW. I'll just keep trucking for that last one.

Anyone have him at 7*?

I have him at 4* and I think he is a total badass.
    Wonder if he will be playable at higher levels or get one shotted.
  • Options
    I too have gotten a Maul shard from GW... Actually, it was today.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I have him as 5 star and still a bit squishy without someone like Poe but he is a death dealer for Jedi for sure...hopefully, the force will be strong in the next meta where the light side will rule (aka Jedi).
  • Options
    Just got a Maul shard from GW. Crazy weird that my luck was in the right place and time.
  • Options
    Just got a Maul shard from GW. Crazy weird that my luck was in the right place and time.

haha that's awesome. My Maul is still at 64/65 lol... It's super annoying, I only want to promote help with my anxiety over the missing shard, otherwise he's trash at 5* because he has too little health and too slow of speed to ever survive long enough to do anything.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options

Nice! Congratulations on that super awesome luck and great, freaky timing ;)
  • Options
    Yesterday i pulled Maul shard from last GW battle.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is he a trash character? I have invested quite a bit into him. He takes out jedi like butter I find but you are right he is a bit squishy and needs more sustenance. I wonder at 60-70 he gets that?
  • Options
    He's a beast, get him to kill someone with an extra attack from phasma, qgj, or gs and speed won't be an issue. A little lucky. In that case he can offense up and aoe for a team wipe almost.

• Options

Sarasith wrote: »
    He's a beast, get him to kill someone with an extra attack from phasma, qgj, or gs and speed won't be an issue. A little lucky. In that case he can offense up and aoe for a team wipe almost.

So you have him 7* ?
  • Options
    Sarasith wrote: »

So you have him 7* ?

Yeah 7stars level 8 gear and he's still squishy as **** though 8k hp. All his gear gives damage.

• Options
    I wouldn't say he's complete trash but rather specialized. Just need a team to help him live so Poe is definitely always a teammate.
  • Options
    Wow, I need like 180 shards. Don't see that happening anytime soon. Is there a strategy you to attain 7* or just put a huge dent in wallet?
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe is really key for maul n most dps toons., nice dent in your wallet, more often then not..but in my case it was really easy to get maul n bane considering all the xtra shards I got.

alt="https://gyazo.com/71367be13683a85b84fe248abc96be2d"/></a>[/img]
  • Options
    How did you get extra shards though, with cash or farming GW? Maybe I am missing something. Darth Maul is one of my favourite sith. Personally I think they could have done more with him
  • Options
    Yes I have received single maul shards from end of gw (twice ) ...maul is fun go use. Cause he is a jedi killer. But he needs to be protected, or u can insert him into an assist team, but that is a crap shoot.

Sometimes I use him with My pvp team. Always with poe. More of a novelty then anything. I still use dooku more then him.. that stun is very helpful for my other dps toons
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Ironically, Maul works well with QGJ... If Maul gets called in early in the battle by QGJ's Harmonious blow, he gets a +75% damage bonus from QGJ and possibly a +100% damage bonus vs Jedi. This is most often an insta-kill of any Jedi in the game including Barriss. I usually target Luminara.

Having killed one Jedi, Maul immediately gets to act again, buffed by Crit up and possibly ATK up too. He'll crit about 80-85% of the time. If there are any other Jedi in the enemy form you will have a good chance to take them out in one shot. Otherwise, just pop Maul's AOE.

All this potentially right from the beginning of the battle, with QGJ being one of the faster toons around.

Maul, just like Ventress, works great in a Phasma team too btw.
  • Options
    If you look at maul ability after level 70, he will have 100% of gaining Offense up after a killing blow. It will help a lot with him, and reduce its RNG use (Because if he do not crit, finish its target, or gain offense up.. the tide of the battle may turn in favor of the ennemy quickly)

I will try him with phasma as leader too. I tried with Boba as a leader, and its damage are insane. But he may still be killed before acting.