Rebels vs. Empire Builds/Synergies

Here is a comparison of Empire characters vs. Rebel characters:

First of all, ask yourself which of these builds is more viable:

Lando (L), Wedge, Biggs, Leia, St Han
vs
Palpatine (L), Vader (assume 6*, very few if any people have 7* but you could easily make him 7* and it still wouldn't matter), Tarkin, Royal Guard/Shoretrooper, Tie Fighter Pilot (or really any combination of Empire characters)

I can tell you right now, the numbers clearly show that the top arena teams favor the rebel squad above, or even just specific characters like Lando or ST Han or Wiggs mixed with other characters, over pretty-much ALL of the Empire characters above. The exception of course is Palpatine, who still gets some use but isn't as popular as he initially was, and Royal Guard, who isn't really meta anymore considering the availability of other characters like St Han or Sun Fac, but they both get enough use I thought I would mention them.

So, to recap, at least 4 of the 5 rebels above are among the top 10 most commonly-used characters at the top of the arena/tournament leaderboards, whereas only Royal Guard and Palpatine get any love at the top at all, and they still don't compare favorably against the aforementioned rebels.

Now, consider where these characters can be farmed:

Lando - Cantina battles
Wedge - Cantina battles
Biggs - GW rewards
Leia - Arena rewards
St Han - Arena rewards
Ackbar - Arena rewards

vs

Palpatine - An event that has only occurred once and is said to be very rare. There's lots of speculation on how often this will be, but let's just say that the moniker of "very rare" has been earned. Let's also not forget the insult of having to farm rebel characters just to unlock him.
Vader - Arguably the most difficult character in the game to obtain, since the only places he shows up are in the Shard Shop and as a reward for various achievements. It's been about a month since I last saw him in the Shard Shop, too.
Tarkin - Arena rewards
Royal Guard - Cantina battles (though let's not forget that many of us actually farmed this guy the hard way and spent a bunch of crystals to get him, only to have him made available to everyone)
Shoretrooper - So far, he's only been available as a reward for 2 tournaments. Who knows when/where we'll see this guy again.
Tie Fighter Pilot - Daily login reward for a month, then disappeared. Again, who knows if/when we'll ever see this one again either.
Snowtrooper - Guild rewards or Cantina battles or Hard node. He's not very good, though.
General Veers - Hard nodes. Also not very good.
Stormtrooper - Cantina rewards or hard nodes. Terrible character in all aspects.
Magmatrooper - GW rewards. Also terrible.

It's pretty easy to see here that the rebel characters are intended to be much, much easier to farm. Only the "garbage" Empire characters are easily farmable for the most part, whereas a bunch of meta top-10 Rebel characters are easily farmable. There are no "garbage" Rebel characters, from what I can tell.

So, just to recap, Empire characters are nowhere near as good as Rebel characters (even when they face-off against each other with all their anti-Rebel and anti-Empire synergies), and the good Empire characters are incredibly difficult to farm whereas the Rebel characters are very easy to farm.

Now, you can make an argument that Rebel characters are intended to be a check against Empire characters (sort of like Jawas vs. Droids), but all of the anti-rebel bonuses/synergies that the Empire characters would seem to go against this idea. Let's also not forget that Jedis are also a check against Empire characters as well, and seem to hold up well against Empire squads.

Finally, my question here is, why all the love for Rebel characters and hate for Empire characters? Why don't the various Empire characters get better synergies like Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Ackbar do? Why are Wiggs/Lando/St Han so easy to farm, and yet Empire characters are ridiculously difficult to farm, if not impossible in some cases (see: TFP)?

I mean, at least give us Empire players a chance. I don't know how anyone could look at these facts and think that this is somehow "balanced." I get that the Rogue One movie is coming out so you have to have plenty of Rebel characters for that, but this is ridiculous. Honestly, I feel cheated, and if I'd known that Empire characters were going to be the doormat for this game, I never would've farmed any of them.

I don't really blame some of the other players I've known that had Empire squads for leaving the game. Clearly, the developers in this game decided a long time ago to give Empire the shaft and not care about the complaints. Why else would this month's daily login reward be yet another OP Rebel character like Bistan?