Can we get a rough date for emperors demise event?

I know you said its rare but come on now my palpatine needs a star boost! Didnt build my rebels up for nothing, cant even remember when palpy last appeared

Replies

• Options
    Very rare, that's like once every 6 months - a year.
  • Options
    HGF69 wrote: »
    Very rare, that's like once every 6 months - a year.

6 months to a year!!!!! Palpy gonna age and die by then
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They didn't say Extremely Rare for no reason.

First reason : scare up some $

Second reason: so ppl wouldn't ask for its return :neutral:
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Options
    No one has said it yet so I must: August.
  • Options
    Really wish a meta character wasn't involved in this rare stuff as many who couldn't get him then are now able to.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Ya, I'm sitting on this useless team of rebels. Where else am I supposed to use wedge, Biggs, lando, and st Han if not for this event??
  • holyjoe
    595 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm gonna say next year. it isn't extremely rare for no reason and it looks like the dev's failed in calling it extremely rare in the hopes people wouldn't be bugging all the time about when will it return. this site is overflowing with when is the emperor event returning discussions.

do you people seriously think the more discussions you make about it the sooner it will return?? search your search button.
  • Options
    It's extremely rare, unlike these annoying threads.

For once, I'd be in favour of a merged megathread, preferably in another forum.
  • Options
    I think it should be delayed another month everytime someone asks for it.
  • Options
    6 months to a year!!!!! Palpy gonna age and die by then

Nah...the Dark Side of the Force keeps him alive....start worrying if you get jedi luke -spoiler alert- we all know how that ends
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Tralk
    135 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    there_s_a_chance.jpg
  • Options
    Hikari wrote: »
    I think it should be delayed another month everytime someone asks for it.

i think thats what they are actually doing. every time someone starts a new discussion about when it will return they delay it even further.

i've said in other discussions emperor palpatine is my absolute favorite character in the entire star wars universe and i do not have him in the game yet. but i'm not bugging about when the event will return. it will return when it returns.

problem is the one's who are bugging are the people who have to have the meta and use whatever toons are currently popular and "cool". these people want to get him before he's washed up and forgotten about. as soon as he not a big deal anymore people won't care when the event returns.

i however pay no attention to the meta and i want him regardless of how many people use him. i can be the last person to get him and i will still use him.
  • Options
    Really wish a meta character wasn't involved in this rare stuff as many who couldn't get him then are now able to.

Meta on your shard perhaps. He is hardly meta for many of us. Also I hardly saw him in the top 100 of last tourney so sorry to disappoint you, he is not top tier 1 meta.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Meta on your shard perhaps. He is hardly meta for many of us. Also I hardly saw him in the top 100 of last tourney so sorry to disappoint you, he is not top tier 1 meta.

Apparently you haven't seen @Stormy post about him being the best character/leader for an offensive squad in the tourney?
    He's also got a niche in the AAT raid (Phase 3) and pretty much trivializes the Potency mod challenges and the Dark Side table (I used an ally's 7* EP to easily finish Dark Tables 7 and 8).
    That's a pretty useful character, if you ask me. As always, YRMV.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    August
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Of course - the event will return in August, lol

All seriousness though, I am one of the ppl who just missed unlocking him from the last event.

I'm sure lots of people are seeing that the most popular teams out there have an EP lead. He is important to have, not because he is "popular" but gives the team who has him at an extreme advantage - not just competitively for tournament or arena battles but also for scoring higher in raids and actually getting anywhere in GW.

In the new AAT raid Vader literally just stands there before he dies. With an EP lead you could surely get some good damage results out of him. Plus the stun capability on EP would be huge in the AAT raid - so all those that do not have him are **** to put it nicely.

I know he is considered a F2P toon, but lets face it, it was extreme F2P players and P2P that actually got to unlock him.

In my mind - this is another reason why the gap is so wide between the average F2P player and those who are die hard F2P/P2P players.

At least bring back the event for Christmas - it is the time of year for miracles no?