Arena refresh button

Biggest frustration in the game:

Arena refresh... Why do you have to click 50x refresh when you want to attack number 15 from position 21 i.e. It's frustrating and makes me want to throw my phone on the ground..
Especially when you finally found the target you wanna hit and automatically you click refresh again by accident so you can restart the refresh frenzy.

Especially when you consider that the solution is so easy:

- Make the right character select the player that you can max. hit (25>19 or 16>11 or 11>7)
- Make the center character select a random player (like the flawed system you use now)
- Make the left player the player you can attack on a minimum (21>20 or 5>4 etc).

This will save time, frustration and broken phones.
@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Still clicking to find nr 15 after a fresh 50 attempts.. So stupid.

Edit: after exactly 73 refreshes #15 popped up. WAI.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Still clicking to find nr 15 after a fresh 50 attempts.. So ****.

haha, you got lucky you didnt press a 74th time out of habit :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Still clicking to find nr 15 after a fresh 50 attempts.. So ****.

haha, you got lucky you didnt press a 74th time out of habit :p

I was about to do that but fortunately I pressed it, swyped to the side and released :p
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I still don't understand this either... been refreshing for 25 to 18 for going on 30 minutes now... why is there any RNG for the max hop in arena at all?
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    It's such a bizarre mechanic, and still happening years later...
  • Options
    Yay for this necrobump of our dearest Slackymon, isn't it @leef ?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback and dont destroy your phone!!! =x
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Yay for this necrobump of our dearest Slackymon, isn't it @leef ?

slackymon = OP !!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    While this is a necro thread since it is still an issue which is kinda ridiculous
  • Options
    devs say they listen to feedback, but not whether they are going to ignore it or not.. this is something that NO ONE LIKES and it would be nice if they would change it finally.
  • Options
    1 year later..

The uncomfortable problem still exist.. i mean this is 2018. This thread is 2016.. amazing :tongue:
  • Options
    Bump.
    These needs more attention.
  • Jalila
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Bump, this mechanism is ridicilous, makes me want to quite the game.
  • Options
    Jalila wrote: »
    Bump, this mechanism is ridicilous, makes me want to quite the game.

This was asked about during the Q & A thread recently @Jalila. Here is the question & response:

QUESTION: xSPOOFx] Why does it still take 20 minutes of refreshing the screen in order to make the jump from 19 to 13 in Fleet or Character Arena? This has got to be one of the most annoying parts of the game. Why can’t we just simply scroll over to the opponent we want in a couple of seconds?

[CVG] We are working on a fix for this right now. We can actually do this without making major changes to the client by making sure the highest possible opponent is always served up to you to start. Normally I wouldn’t promise this before the code work is done because it’s possible we could encounter an issue in implementation, but on the scale of all the variable things that are in progress this is at the top of the list. And because we think we can do it with a server fix, we should be able to release it before our next update.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/163161/swgoh-q-a-w-producers-3-17-18/p1
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Supposedly this was going to be an easy fix that they could just push onto the next update.. but that week passed... looking forward to this weeks update..
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie Just a friendly reminder in case it slipped out of your mind.

Ps. It's alright if it isn't as easy to code as you thought it would be. We'll just be glad to know *if* and *when* this is happening. :smile:
  • Options
    I find that QA answer a bit suspicious tbh. They say its an easy fix that can be pushed out without making major changes to the client.. well if that is the case then why is this still a problem after 2 years of people complaining about it?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome, I made this in 2016 but forgot about it. This week I made a new topic about it lol
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Hah, yeah, I’ve made a few myself.. wasn’t listed to then. Hopefully soon
  • Options
    It's so annoying. What happened to quality of life. Don't wanna spend forever refreshing. Can't imagine how difficult to change from random numbers to cycle between the applicable targets??????????
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    It happened!! :D
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    With the new fix, closing this post as the highest possible jump now always shows.
This discussion has been closed.