+24 Defense vs. +1300 Protection

Hi guys,

what is better? Defense or protection ?

Let´s say I have a Shoretrooper and I could use either a mod providing me 1300 protection or +24 Defense.
Which one to pick ?

Hansi

Replies

• Options
    Probably defense for a tank like shore. 1300 protection is nothing when his max is like 35k. Good rule of thumb is percentages are better to boost stats already high (health on tanks) and flat numbers to boost stats a toon is low on (health on glass cannons)
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Defense is armor. It only mitigates physical damage...and poorly. Protection is good against everything.
  • Options
    Defense increases have really minimal impact. 24 defense is a tiny % increase on pretty much anyway, so 1300 protection is definitely better but tbh if those are both the primary boosts from mods, they're both rubbish nad you should try to get better ones instead.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just do the math yourself, you didn't give enough infos to give you an answer.
    For example:
    total prot+health = 100k and armor is 50%, you are looking at 200k total absorbable damage
    total prot+health = 99k and armor is 51%, you are looking at 202k total absorbable damage
    Poxx wrote: »
    Defense is armor. It only mitigates physical damage...and poorly. Protection is good against everything.

No, it's not, it's armor and resistance. It's good against everything
  • Options
    hmm. So Armor or protection ? When is the break-even ? And did you calculate in, that armor is only good vs. physical damage ?
  • Options
    DonHaensl wrote: »
    hmm. So Armor or protection ? When is the break-even ? And did you calculate in, that armor is only good vs. physical damage ?

Defense is armor and resistance.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.