5 dotCrit avoidance mod or 1 dot Speed mod for STH?

so i have 1 mode defence that is 5 dot with a lot of crit down on it. then i got another defence mod that is only 1 dot but offers speed like 17 or something.
which one is more importantfor STH? i am using him mainly for arena and raid.

Replies

• Options
    What are the secondary stats?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    The one dot. STHan's job, particularly in arena, is to go first and give the rest of your team TM. He doesn't need to survive long, he just needs to get you off first and then feed you another turn or two on his way out. Crit avoidance is better for a tank like RG, Sun Fac, or someone else who has the primary job of absorbing attacks.
  • Options
    he just needs to get you off first and then feed you another turn or two on his way out.

So ... many ... jokes... :grimace:
  • Options
    I disagree with the notion of making Han a poor but fast tank, particularly when you're only adding 17 speed with that mod.

I'd use the crit avoidance mod and give yourself a fighting chance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crit avoidance is like adding tenacity.....it just doesn't work.....

The one dot speed is a little low but anything above that I would add speed over crit avoidance. There is not point in having a great sth tanking out and standing alone surrounded by the remains of your team.
  • Options
    I disagree with the notion of making Han a poor but fast tank, particularly when you're only adding 17 speed with that mod.

I'd use the crit avoidance mod and give yourself a fighting chance.

Crit avoidance doesn't make him a good tank. You tank him up with protection primaries on the circle and plus mods. If you want tank over speed, you do a protection primary arrow. But the slower he is, the less likely you are to win a fight, regardless of whether he has a lot of protection.