Mk 8 electrobinoculars salvage

This may have already been takes about but I can't find anything...

For months we have had mk8 electrobinoculars in the tank challenge. No one has used it. I have almost 1000 saved up. Because seriously not a single toon has used them.

Yesterday I maxed out my Dengar and what do I see? I see them asking for mk9 electrobinoculars that aren't even available.

What's the deal? Why have us farm mk8s for months and months, only to totally skip over them? Everyone assumed the mk8s would be called for once we past the lvl80 threshold. Now we have a cap of 85, and they are asking for mk9s. Totally skipping the mk8s that we have farmed, with NO ONE to use them on, now they want mk9s?!?

Can anyone make any sense of this? Or if its already been discussed, can you point me in the right direction?

Replies

• Options
    Some characters need them to get to gear 11 now that the level cap has gone up to 85. So far I've noticed that Palpatine and Yoda need them.
  • Options
    I dont have Palp, but I do have Yoda. But the mk8s dont have the green dot beside them that all other gear (thats needed by a toon) has.

I just went in and saw that the mk8s are showing as a part of a salvage. But the little green dot isnt showing by the mk8s.

Either way though... Why have us farm a gear for months only to be used by 2 toons (that require an extraordinary amount of effort to even obtain?) There is no way 2 toons use 1000 pieces of that gear that we farm 5 times, 3 times a week.

I just dont get it. They should be asking for mk8s not mk9s. They almost completely skipped that gear. Talk about a useless piece of gear... I have almost 1000 of them with no way to sell them, and only 2 toons even use them...those 2 toons require 5 7* specific toons to even obtain them...

Just another thing that EA does that makes no sense... God forbid they do something logical.
  • Options
    I agree it is pretty odd to be able to use the mk9s before the mk8s. I'm sure there are others who need them too, especially ones that have high intelligence or use special damage a lot; yoda and Palpatine were just the only ones that I had geared up enough to see.

The green dot only shows up if you have characters that are high enough level and on the roght gear tier to equip it. Level your yoda to level 82 if you can and it should show up.
  • Options
    He is at 82. And he is max gear.
  • Options
    Yea I just leveled him to 82 and it didn't show up. It's used to make the mk6 fusion furnace which requires level 85 so that's probably why. On Palpatine, it's used in a different gear piece that only requires level 82.
  • Options
    Then what is the point of challanges if there only gonna give us stuff that is only used by a few characters? So am I worng to assume challenges would give us COMMON purple gear pieces that many toons share? I seen a article with the Executive Producer of SWGOH John Salera and makes a comment about how the game offers "Light Farming". Farming is huge part of this game so i dont have a problem with doing it...really you think i would still b playing this if I did? But it would b nice to get sum help farming these mid level purple gear.
  • Options
    The mk8's have 27 uses rather than 12. The salvage is needed for mk6 furnaces required by 15 characters. It should be noted that the salvage will also be required for as yet unreleased gear.

The odd decision was to require that it be combined in equal measure with a new item of purple salvage. It renders all the gear obtained from challenges useless until you farm the matching component from a level 9 dark side node
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    The mk8's have 27 uses rather than 12. The salvage is needed for mk6 furnaces required by 15 characters. It should be noted that the salvage will also be required for as yet unreleased gear.

The odd decision was to require that it be combined in equal measure with a new item of purple salvage. It renders all the gear obtained from challenges useless until you farm the matching component from a level 9 dark side node

Or buy it from shipments :wink: many people are weeks away from 85
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    They have those 12 direct uses, as well as also being used to craft Mk6 Furnaces which are used 15 times by characters: https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/143/mk-6-cec-fusion-furnace/

Honestly, INT gear is just less commonly used by most characters as most characters don't really need it that much since so few have skills with Special Damage. Its always been that way, strength and agility gear has always been more common, although it is rather annoying that we'd had them in the challenges for so long with no use.
  • Options
    funny, if it for lv 85 or higher why give it(for free) on lv 80 below.like blue gear some item too much used and some other whom stack 2k pieces untouched
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    I hate them. I've gotten them in the last 3 AAT Tank raid rewards.