Stop complaining

Are you guys really so bad at this game that you need to have any character that can beat you nerfed? What fun is an easy fight? Yeah dominating is fun but to have everything lowered so you can dominate is pointless. I face poe every day for god sake i have poe i dont use him prob never will. I never have a trouble facing poe he has super low health just kill him as for FOTP yeah he can be annoying oh well you lost a battle. Train. Gear. Promote. Try again. This is a fun content filled game that shouldnt be reduced to peoples complaints about not being the best.

I understand if you spent money on the game and still suck but dont cause everyone else who loves the game have to listen to you complain about poe. I believe nerfs were made to keep you on your toes so if someone that everyone is using gets nerfed you have to adapt strategically. But to have it be a weapon of i dont like it cuz i dont win is pointless. Im F2P and rank usually #200 and lower but the game is still fun. Poe isnt unbeatable. Stop complaining

Replies

• Options
    Train. Gear. Promote. Try again.

This.

• Options
    I could tell without even clicking on the link that you were going to complain about complaining. Suffice it to say that I am just as, if not more, tired of people saying "stop complaining, noob" as I am of people complaining in the first place. We already have so many threads like this one, next time just reply to one of them, please.
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What is funny is that it is pretty irrelevant. CG reads the forums but do you think they are just going to nerf a character because players don't like it? Maybe, but probably not.

They have ridiculous amounts of data including how often a character is used, what types of teams they are used in, how effective that team is. If they are a character being over used and over used super effectively, they will probably nerf that character.

That is the irony of the goto nerf poe response being, "go farm poe". More people using poe is more likely to get poe nerfed.

You guys act like us complaining on this forum has some form of sway. They don't care. They have proven that their vision is more important to them than how much fun we derive from this game.

So who cares who complains or what it is about, it makes no difference.

In addition, poe at rank 100+ is not the same as a top 20 poe, so you are comparing apples and oranges.

Poe isn't hard to beat, but it is never guaranteed. Just overall an annoying character. But whatever. I only refuse to farm him because I don't want to put all the resources into a character that is likely to get nerfed, resources are way too precious in this game.
  • Options
    Train. Gear. Promote. Try again.

This.

This is actually the correct answer to the complaining.
  • Options
    Complaining about complaints... Interesting paradox. XD
  • jpiish
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are you guys really so bad at this game that you need to have any character that can beat you nerfed? What fun is an easy fight? Yeah dominating is fun but to have everything lowered so you can dominate is pointless. I face poe every day for god sake i have poe i dont use him prob never will. I never have a trouble facing poe he has super low health just kill him as for FOTP yeah he can be annoying oh well you lost a battle. Train. Gear. Promote. Try again. This is a fun content filled game that shouldnt be reduced to peoples complaints about not being the best.

I understand if you spent money on the game and still suck but dont cause everyone else who loves the game have to listen to you complain about poe. I believe nerfs were made to keep you on your toes so if someone that everyone is using gets nerfed you have to adapt strategically. But to have it be a weapon of i dont like it cuz i dont win is pointless. Im F2P and rank usually #200 and lower but the game is still fun. Poe isnt unbeatable. Stop complaining

Must have characters is no fun in a game like this. Poe is too strong right now (not unbeatable as that would not only be OP, but game breaking as well). If nothing is done with balance as it is now, Poe will be on 99% of all teams in a few months. The reason most people don't use he now is that he takes time to star.
    People who start crying when ever there is a discussion about balance is usually in one of two camps. Either they are using Poe and don't want to loose their advantage, or they have not met the Poe +high dps and speed teams yet.
    It is funny that people who say they have no problem beating Poe (=Poe not too good) usually does so using their own Poe or they show fights with sid+healer teams where Poe becomes kind of useless. And no, stunning or debuffing is not a viable strategy against Poe...
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    What is funny is that it is pretty irrelevant. CG reads the forums but do you think they are just going to nerf a character because players don't like it? Maybe, but probably not.

They have ridiculous amounts of data including how often a character is used, what types of teams they are used in, how effective that team is. If they are a character being over used and over used super effectively, they will probably nerf that character.

That is the irony of the goto nerf poe response being, "go farm poe". More people using poe is more likely to get poe nerfed.

You guys act like us complaining on this forum has some form of sway. They don't care. They have proven that their vision is more important to them than how much fun we derive from this game.

So who cares who complains or what it is about, it makes no difference.

In addition, poe at rank 100+ is not the same as a top 20 poe, so you are comparing apples and oranges.

Poe isn't hard to beat, but it is never guaranteed. Just overall an annoying character. But whatever. I only refuse to farm him because I don't want to put all the resources into a character that is likely to get nerfed, resources are way too precious in this game.

Ur totally right i agree. So can this forum for the game please stop being filled with Poe nerf requests and just general complaints about the game in general. I love this game and dont understand how people get their panties in a bunch over a few bugs
  • Options
    The general pulse of the community is actually a pretty good indicator of what might be looked at in the near future. While I agree that we don't have the reams of data that the company does, that hardly matters. If the overwhelming perception is that something is too powerful or too ubiquitous or too buggy, the devs will eventually be obliged to investigate it if the volume gets too loud, even if the data suggests it's fine.

A perfect example of this is the AI %-based procs issue from a week or two ago. The devs ignored the posts at first, then posted their own threads debunking the claims, and eventually had to run a new investigation specifically geared at proving or disproving that hypothesis. And now, lo and behold, we don't see many threads about that topic anymore. And yes, I know, part of that was because Leia was actually bugged, but that was far from the only source of angst.

Point is, if people are still overwhelmingly commenting that (to take the loudest example) Poe is too fast or too game-changing or too whatever, I'll bet my last dollar that the devs will respond to it in some fashion eventually -- maybe with changes, maybe with play-style explanations, maybe with suggested countermeasures, maybe with a peek at the data, but with something.

TLDR: You can't have a forums filled with players posting about how they feel like battles are a coin flip and that only speed matters. That's not healthy, even if it's untrue. You have to do something visible to get people to stop filling up your forums with the sentiment.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options

Yes, they already have.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

Yes, they already have.

Who would that be? Please don't say barriss.
  • Options
    I think it's encouraging that the devs, so far, have buffed and nerfed heroes as how they saw fit and not because of the whiners on the forums.
    This trend must continue, for the good of the game.
  • Options

Yes, they already have.

Yeah. Players didn't like Bariss. Players complained about Bariss being OP. Bariss was nerfed.

It's pretty obvious that complaining about heroes being OP will lead them to being nerfed.

That's why I've never said any hero is OP.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

Yes, they already have.

Yeah. Players didn't like Bariss. Players complained about Bariss being OP. Bariss was nerfed.

It's pretty obvious that complaining about heroes being OP will lead them to being nerfed.

That's why I've never said any hero is OP.

I used barriss, she was OP, she is still really good, just not in the meta...but she makes GW a cake walk.

She was in 90% of top 100 teams, almost exclusively the leader of choice. She is what I am talking about, they can see in their data that she was over used. She broke their vision, so they fixed it.

If anything seeing all the nerf this guy, nerf that guy should be a warning to you to not invest in that character if you aren't already invested.

It isn't that they are pandering, but players are going to be able to see the same things their data will, at least in the most obvious cases such as fotp, poe, barriss, etc.
  • Options
    This forum is going to remain like most - filled primarily by complaints and/or issues. I agree that people need to stop crying about how hard the game is or that not enough is given to them for free. The later of the two points I find the most amusing, because those same people are probably playing on $200-600 devices. :'(
  • Options
    zw0th2.jpg
  • Options

Yes. Look at Barriss
  • Options
    akositzke wrote: »

Yes. Look at Barriss

Look up. When did they ever say barriss was nerfed because people complained? Do you think you might just be taking liberties and assuming?