how do I make pit raid fair for guildies ?

Prev1
i know there have been threads on this before and I tried to search but most result come back requesting help for last 10% of the raid so I couldn't find it.

basically the issue is guild has a 70/30% split of Europe vs America players. maybe 5 of us I the guild could do 2.5m to 3m damage in one go if we wanted.

we have a full guild of 50 players.

so what restrictions do guilds normally put on the raid to make sure everyone gets a chance to attack ? what to do if someone goes outside said rules (without being militant) ? how do you stop people reacting to well he did 1m so I'll do 1.1mil. he did 1.1 mil so I'll do 1.2 etc till you end up with people on 2 mil when you shouldn't have even been posting big damage Yet.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

Replies

• Options
    What we do is
    When raid opens everyone can attack with only 1team each but in any phase they choose that way everyone gets a chance to score

We can usually finish the heroic just with this but if not it's a free for all at 9am the following day

We also say if you have a 7* raid Han your are banned from using teebo anymore to give others higher chances to unlock han faster

Our rules are well advertised in the guild so anyone caught breaking them is an instant boot out
  • Options
    What we do (EUR/US/AUS guild)

Zero hit for 24 hours then FFA
    We have 4 different start times we rotate each raid to make it fair on when FFA goes up
  • Options
    We limit damage in the first 24 hours to 500k and that seems to work. We track the % of damage dealt to determine when to retreat.
  • Options
    My guild does this:
    0 dmg for 24 hours.
    One team until there are 12hours left.
    Free for all after that.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Similar to Saraleb, we do a 24hr cooldown for posting 0 scores and then a ffa at 8pm the next day. We then added a no 'pre loaded or auto' scores till 8.20 because people being naturally sneaky were starting to build up scores and dumping 3m damage at 8.00 on the dot.

Occasionally you get 1 tool who scores early, this results in a 0 score only on the next raid.
  • Options
    the guild i'm in is very easy with rules. 2 rules. have fun and do your best with raids. outside of that take your 5 battles and do your best. there are no limits on any player. we focus on the good of the guild as a whole and if there are some whales or top guys that always carry the guild so be it. we actually have his. consistently the same 3 players are always in the top 3 slots. they clearly have their teams built up quite well.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    the guild i'm in is very easy with rules. 2 rules. have fun and do your best with raids. outside of that take your 5 battles and do your best. there are no limits on any player. we focus on the good of the guild as a whole and if there are some whales or top guys that always carry the guild so be it. we actually have his. consistently the same 3 players are always in the top 3 slots. they clearly have their teams built up quite well.

Thats the point of the OP due to different timezones they cant just have no limits and allow everyone to take there 5 battles and raid would potentially be clear or at least almost before the others wake up
  • Options

This doesn't help with heroics (where you don't have the 5 battle limit, and the health is reduced).

My guild does a 24 hour window where you can send one toon to get on the board. At the 24 hour mark, we have ffa. We alternate the times of our raids, to try to be accommodating to different schedules and time zones. By having everyone wait for ffa, there's no issue with trying to one-up someone else's damage -- you do all the damage you can during ffa, and let the standings fall where they may.

We (very infrequently) have an issue where someone gets mixed up, thinks it is ffa, and registers somewhere in the 100-250k damage range. Usually we just talk to the person, but we don't really have repeat offenders. In the case where we have had a repeat offender, we have booted them from the guild.
  • Options
    We do similar to others. We have a 12 hour window where people can register a 0 damage attack and then everyone gets 1 team, they can take it anytime in any phase they want. Typically this will finish the raid, but if it isn't finished after 12 hours, it is FFA and it usually ends in about 45 seconds.
  • Options
    That can be difficult. The guild I'm in was advertised as being in the same time zone I'm in, so that helps greatly. I have heard of some guilds doing a 24hr no attack rule. This allows everyone to send in a team. Essentially, you lock in a Teebo team, then everyone can issue the attack at a later time. Damage does not continue into the next phase. They then put a specific time where it becomes a FFA and people finish it off.

The biggest issue I can see with that is the FFA portion. It may be best to rotate raids for the different time zones. Say Monday morning is for the European players, Wed for US players, Friday Europe, then next Monday is USA.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Mikepins wrote: »
    What we do is
    When raid opens everyone can attack with only 1team each but in any phase they choose that way everyone gets a chance to score

We can usually finish the heroic just with this but if not it's a free for all at 9am the following day

We also say if you have a 7* raid Han your are banned from using teebo anymore to give others higher chances to unlock han faster

Our rules in Red Force ATARU are very similar to this. One attack per player any time they choose, but we added a rule prohibiting to kill the Rancor to make sure that every player has the opportunity to join in. At a fixed time after the raid was launched it will be free for all to attack at will. If launched in the evening it will be free for all the next morning at 9 AM. If launched in the morning it will be free for all at 8 PM the same day. Players who already have a 7* Han Solo, must limit their damage done to 500k.

Most members are in the Moscow time zone, but by launching raids at two different times of the day (morning or evening) members from other time zones (including myself) get the chance to have an optimal raid at least some times.

I really like the system, and cannot think of a better one.

• Options
    We do
    -first 12 hrs max 300k then FFA but he's on P4 at that point. If you accidentally go over 320k you can't have any more attacks and have to mention it in chat
    -if you have 7* han can't place top 3
    -if you are with in 7* han for that raid you get top 3
  • Options
    What we do is

Our rules are well advertised in the guild so anyone caught breaking them is an instant boot out

+1 exactly the same in our guild
  • Options
    Anyone breaking the rules gets a warning and has to miss the next, break rules twice then there kicked.
  • Options
    I'm confused on why you don't allow members to do any damage for 12 to 24 hours? Can someone explain the reasoning behind that?
  • Options
    Raventrob wrote: »
    I'm confused on why you don't allow members to do any damage for 12 to 24 hours? Can someone explain the reasoning behind that?

Its to allow everyone to get on the board so all get rewards... you post zero damage (take 1 char being your weakest and hit onbe of the guards)
  • Options

Most heroic guilds can finish the 7* raid in less than an hour, which can prevent members from getting even a single attack. The zero damage window allows all guild members to enter the raid with one character, die, and be eligible for rewards.

• Options
    We do 0 Dmg for 24 Hours, then a 1 mil Cap when we start, if you go over you do 1 raid at 0 dmg and 1 raid only Phase 4 Dmg, this gives good variety at the top raid to raid and encourages people to get better to be able to do at least 1 mil to compete at the top with everyone else.

O
  • Options

As others have said, it's to ensure everyone can get rewards, even if they aren't around when there is FFA. When we started doing T7 raids, we had an entirely different structure in place -- we had one person solo P1 immediately (it rotated among the people who were capable), then everyone got to send one squad in the first 24 hours. After 24 hours, we finished what remained of p4. That held for a few weeks, until we had a raid where one squad for everyone wiped out the rancor in a couple hours. We then started having people double and triple-up in p1. Maybe a week later, we had three people deal with p1, everyone sent one squad after, and the raid ended in about 45 minutes. After that, we had to go to the 24 hour window to send a single toon, to ensure that everyone had a chance to get on the board.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    i know there have been threads on this before and I tried to search but most result come back requesting help for last 10% of the raid so I couldn't find it.

basically the issue is guild has a 70/30% split of Europe vs America players. maybe 5 of us I the guild could do 2.5m to 3m damage in one go if we wanted.

we have a full guild of 50 players.

so what restrictions do guilds normally put on the raid to make sure everyone gets a chance to attack ? what to do if someone goes outside said rules (without being militant) ? how do you stop people reacting to well he did 1m so I'll do 1.1mil. he did 1.1 mil so I'll do 1.2 etc till you end up with people on 2 mil when you shouldn't have even been posting big damage Yet.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
    What we do is

HEY

vvv

Just so both of you are aware of something you may be ignorant of... Guest players cannot read the guild feed, discussion board, nor change their names. EA games refuses so far to do much about it too protect minors although the only requirement is linking to a google account regardless of age. Even if a player wants to be google linked they must start completely over sometimes on new devices. Even then why would they? The last time I checked guest player accounts don't offer the option to actually switch to google nor do they realize that there is any guild communication.

So before you go booting all your players at least you now know it.

Good luck!
  • Options
    HEY

vvv

Just so both of you are aware of something you may be ignorant of... Guest players cannot read the guild feed, discussion board, nor change their names. EA games refuses so far to do much about it too protect minors although the only requirement is linking to a google account regardless of age. Even if a player wants to be google linked they must start completely over sometimes on new devices. Even then why would they? The last time I checked guest player accounts don't offer the option to actually switch to google nor do they realize that there is any guild communication.

Good luck!

I don't think that's the case with Guest accounts. My main is a guest account and I know of at least one other guy in the guild who plays under guest. All guild feed and chat is open and all can see it.

• Options
    Our guild is small (12 right now) and there's a big difference in member's level. Highest level being 82, lowest level being 25.

We don't have any real rules yet, just have fun and do the best you can - but we try to vary the raids for everyone. One raid will be a tier 2 or 3 for the newer guys and then a tier 4 or 5 for the upper level guys. We're not ready for anything over that yet.

We just do a FFA but the high level guys stay out of the low tier raids to let the new guys get the rewards and we let anyone in the higher tier raids.

We also donate as much gear as we can to members to help out.

Once the guild gets more members, we're probably going to start implementing more rules.
  • Options
    hey just wanted to thank you all for the advice here.
  • Options
    @Barhebraeus

Food for thought as we are completing T7's more and more quickly...
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    HEY

vvv

Good luck!

I don't think that's the case with Guest accounts. My main is a guest account and I know of at least one other guy in the guild who plays under guest. All guild feed and chat is open and all can see it.

Are they google linked? I believe you but perhaps they previously google or facebook linked and then chose guest player status after. I have 2 sons who could NOT read the guild feed until we switched devices and linked brand new accounts to google. Unfortunately they had to start completely over too. During the time they held guest accounts the option to google link simply was not there at all.
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    HEY

vvv

Good luck!

I was once a guest account, but I figured out how to make it a main and it took off about 1gig from storage when I did.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Well I am glad you figured out how to. At least you did not have to loose everything and start over. EA games told me it was the only option so at the time that is what I did.
  • Options
    These have been our official Pit rules for while (apologies for the markdown text it was written for Discord) . Hope they help:

The Raid will ***ALWAYS*** open with a sacrificial toon period. During this period, you may send in 1 toon to register **ZERO (0)** damage by attacking a *“Side Pig”*. The length of the sacrificial period may vary, but will always be stated in the Raid Opening Announcement.

After the sacrificial period, the raid will then open for **DAMAGE from One Team Attack for 24 hours**. __*During this time you may register damage from one team, and one team only*__, from any phase of the raid you want. The damage caused by this team is unlimited. You can begin your attack run any time before this period, but **DO NOT** conclude and register damage until after the opening of the damage recording period .

After the 24 hour one team attack period, the raid will then open up for a Free For All (FFA) to zerg Randy until the raid ends. You can send in whatever toons and teams you have left at this time. We request that if you scored more than 1M in damage, you wait an additional 2 hours to attack.

**Raid Courtesy** If you are capable of soloing P1 and are comfortable with the idea (as game resets, dropped connections, etc. happen), please do not conclude your raid until after the in game announcement for the conclusion of P2. This will help preserve damage in P2 (and the raid in general) for everyone. **This is not a rule**, it is a courtesy request and your choice as it involves risk.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    My guild is international, US, Canada, Central America, Multiple European Countries, Australia, etc..

When we open the Rancor raid, we have a 24 hour tap period. You send in 1 toon to take a shot at the pig and register a score thus qualifying you for rewards. Once the 24 hours is up, we Full Zerg the beast.

It works pretty good for everyone. Not everyone makes every zerg, but everyone gets a payout.

BTW, once you get 7* Han, we damage cap you as well to promote other members getting 7* Han.

If this sounds like something anyone reading this is interested in, PM me, I have an open spot :smile:
  • Options

Heroic raid, not the baby ones.