post closed

RedViper
69 posts Member
edited December 2016
Post edited by RedViper on

Replies

• Options
    I'm assume that the low participation is due to your folk being from different time zones. One suggestion is to merge with an uber guild that is large enough to field multiple in-game teams of players having different raid start times.
  • Options
    we had the same trouble then the guild disbanded. All the active guys kept in touch using line app and we reformed a few days ago the immortal 50. We have a few big hitters with us and we were doing regular T7 raids in under an hour.
    Ally code 697 - 724 - 726
    Line Id Markogt5
    Get in touch if interested
  • Options
    Thank you Ozymandius!

Markogt5: Thanks for the offer, but we would look for someone that wants to merge into us. We already have the website set up and i have the best shot at retaining all top players if someone comes to us. With that said, i would make the previous leader and top players officers, so we could both control raids.
  • Options
    My suggestion from my guild leader experience. Close the doors and make it exclusive. That way you can check player before the get in. Another thing is to Set a precedence for actions. Be ready and willing to terminate those that don't follow the rules. That will stop all the garbage. Those that don't communicate can't be trusted. Axe those too. The only way to have a guild that is successful is to run a tight ship. This doesnt mean you can't joke or have fun, we do a lot of that. But you have to have a base of trust and clear expectations.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options

RedViper wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I am the leader of a good guild having difficulties making that last step to Heroic rancor.
    Stats:
    1.Approx 10 members with atleast 15 7 star toons, most at a high gear level
    2. Those 10 communicate heavily and we even use a basic guild website i came up with
    3. We easily complete the 6 star rancor in 2.5-3 days and all 3 times we tried the heroic, we fall short with about 25-35% left in phase 4

Issues:
    1.Even though the guild is mostly active, ( i kick members inactive more than 3 days), raid participation is low (34 in our last heroic, and only 25 in our current T6)
    2. The non communicators always attack out of turn on T7
    3. I state requirements of atleast five 7 star toons to join, yet people with no 7 stars join anyway and complain when i ask them all to find a guild more sooted for their level.
    4. When i do get legit players to join, its hard to keep them because half the guild is dragging us down.

Any advice to make us more competitive? Im afraid my top loyal players may start to look for better guilds as we seem to be stuck in neutral.

Someone at work suggested to find another guild in the same situation to have a merge with.

*We are soo close. Another 3 or 4 decent players and we will be nocking out T7 easily. But easier said than done

Thoughts?

I do not recommend going the big guild route at all.
  • Options
    I notice a lot of interested parties looking to possibly merge - we're a 35 man heroic guild, doing 2-3 T7 raids weekly and slowly ploughing through the galactic chore that is the AAT tank raid.

If any of you are interested in joining an active guild with members worldwide, please let me know. We rotate and stagger rancor damage to ensure everyone gets rewards.

My Line ID is trouserdeagle, or PM me here.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!
  • Options
    As @Widget_gadget said, run a tight ship. I would suggest line or discord instead of a website. A chat app allows for team building and communication.
  • Options
    We had same issue. Merge was the answer for us we found a group of 10 that helped put us over the edge. We still have players who do not listen. I just assume they don't speak any English because they never use chat. Also i think people under age of 13 have chat automatically blocked. So that could be another problem. We will finish easily now with the extra crew despite the ones who don't listen (maybe 8/50). Plan will be to dump them slowly.
    Hardkhour
    LINE ID: Hardkhour
    Ally code: 151-191-355
  • Options
    Hardkhour: I bet you're right. I'm 30, so I'm never thinking that possibly having teenagers or younger in the guild with a blocked chat. Me and half my friends that are in the guild only speak English. It's possible that I have some international members as well that just don't understand.

Good insight.