Rex-good?

Right now I have Rex at gear 8 ...6 stars... he's so expensive to 7 star.. and I already run a Rebel arena team, so I really don't even know what I'll use him for except maybe to take QGJ spot in rancor raids... is he worth it to seven star? (I do have the extra gear to take him to gear 9-10 already also)
Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Lol that's it ? Yes. Okay thanks! Lol
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If you have him over 70% completed shard wise, at 6* he's worthless. I personally would finish him but his value isn't close to where it was before AAT came out.

When I was in a guild trying to finish Rancor T7, spent so much time for potency mods and paying for Rex because the guild relied on just 3 of us.

Got tired of people not trying and relying on us so we left and joined a guild where we are in the middle and T7 is beyond a cakewalk, and focusing on AAT. Took most mods potency off ES,5s,Phasma,Rex and QGJ for AAT so those are mods are essentially worthless now.

Rex lost most of his value. He's God in Rancor, he's a bench warmer on AAT and no better than a lot of free toons in arena unless you pay for an entire clone team.

So I regret paying for him since he's no longer top dog in the top content and he's a member of the scrub team now so maybe you want to bench him until he's free to farm, depending on what guild you are in.
  • Options
    Aww well that sucks to hear :(
    We still do tons of Rancor as I literally just joined a heroic guild and am still building my Han Solo.. so if he is good for Rancor I may finish him out... but other than that he's useless eh? I Knew I should have farmed SF instead!!! I may just make the switch now then...
  • Options
    Use search feature and enter "rex".

That will answer all your questions.

He is top five toon. Period
  • Options
    Okay thank you
  • Options
    I'm new to the forums so I appreciate it
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    He's not worthless at 6*, he has the best PVP leader ability in the game IMO, and Squad Discipline is one of the best non-attack specials, he can be any star level for those. That said, he doesn't have much health, so getting him starred up is better. Using him in T7 raids is nice, but not a necessity.
  • Options
    Rex, along with Sun Fac, are that good its worth a FTP farming shipments
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

And all those were posted when T7 Rancor was end content. Every youtube Rancor video had Rex. No AAT videos have Rex, it's Droid/Jawa, Rebel, EP/tank, Jedi, Jawa.
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    He's not worthless at 6*, he has the best PVP leader ability in the game IMO, and Squad Discipline is one of the best non-attack specials, he can be any star level for those. That said, he doesn't have much health, so getting him starred up is better. Using him in T7 raids is nice, but not a necessity.

Number of teams I saw in the tourney w Rex on it, zero. Had quite a few TI and Russians on my shard. I see him on a couple top 30 arena teams but 90% are Rebel or droids, which both are all free. Not saying he's not decent BUT he's 200 bucks and all the others are free he doesn't reach his full potential unless you pay for the rest of the clones.

Squad discipline is great against droids, useless against Wiggs which is about 2/3 of arena teams at least on my shard.
  • Options
    Rex is God and always will be, kneel.
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

And all those were posted when T7 Rancor was end content. Every youtube Rancor video had Rex. No AAT videos have Rex, it's Droid/Jawa, Rebel, EP/tank, Jedi, Jawa.

You dont like Rex. Got it.

I like Rex.
  • Options
    I figured I might as well seven star him. Might take a while as it's 8000 crystals to get him from 6to7 stars alone... but I already spent enough to get him to 6, not going to stop now.. then I'll get SF afterwards I guess
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    If you have him over 70% completed shard wise, at 6* he's worthless. I personally would finish him but his value isn't close to where it was before AAT came out.

When I was in a guild trying to finish Rancor T7, spent so much time for potency mods and paying for Rex because the guild relied on just 3 of us.

Got tired of people not trying and relying on us so we left and joined a guild where we are in the middle and T7 is beyond a cakewalk, and focusing on AAT. Took most mods potency off ES,5s,Phasma,Rex and QGJ for AAT so those are mods are essentially worthless now.

Rex lost most of his value. He's God in Rancor, he's a bench warmer on AAT and no better than a lot of free toons in arena unless you pay for an entire clone team.

So I regret paying for him since he's no longer top dog in the top content and he's a member of the scrub team now so maybe you want to bench him until he's free to farm, depending on what guild you are in.

You're wrong on so many counts it's hilarious.
  • Options
    How do you farm Rex *or* Sun Fac? Aren't both from Chromium and you can't influence who (if any) of them appears? Clearly I am missing something vital, please help me.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options

Number of teams I saw in the tourney w Rex on it, zero. Had quite a few TI and Russians on my shard. I see him on a couple top 30 arena teams but 90% are Rebel or droids, which both are all free. Not saying he's not decent BUT he's 200 bucks and all the others are free he doesn't reach his full potential unless you pay for the rest of the clones.

Squad discipline is great against droids, useless against Wiggs which is about 2/3 of arena teams at least on my shard.

Haha ok, I'm sure you aren't exaggerating at all about the tournament. Rex teams were the only ones I avoided.

He doesn't need clones with him to be good. Have you read his leader description? Do you realize how many crits there are out there with mods and rebels? Maybe you don't know what turn meter is if you don't realize why SD is great too...
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Double post
  • Options
    You mainly need him for his leader ability and that doesn't get any better at 7*.
  • Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    How do you farm Rex *or* Sun Fac? Aren't both from Chromium and you can't influence who (if any) of them appears? Clearly I am missing something vital, please help me.

They can be found in Shipments for 320 crystals sometimes, premium characters are 320
  • Options

Haha ok, I'm sure you aren't exaggerating at all about the tournament. Rex teams were the only ones I avoided.

He doesn't need clones with him to be good. Have you read his leader description? Do you realize how many crits there are out there with mods and rebels? Maybe you don't know what turn meter is if you don't realize why SD is great too...

To be fair, a lot of players don't see rex teams as much bc people are preparing for palp. I hate seeing rex/sun fac/ shoretrooper teams -.-, don't have B2 to combat yet.
    Also the main reason Rebels are being used more is bc of how easily obtainable they are, droids are too. I've seen a droid team every meta TBH. Shoretrooper and ftp gonna stop my crits :(. But that's okay Rebel scum are needed for Lord Palpatine.
  • Options

Maybe get into the top 50 of your tourney shard before claiming there weren't any Rex leads :smile: I ran him in the tournament and that was without any other clones
    If you're in a mature shard you should already see that Wiggs isn't the end all be all for arena. Rex has and always will be meta.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Mazz wrote: »
    Right now I have Rex at gear 8 ...6 stars... he's so expensive to 7 star.. and I already run a Rebel arena team, so I really don't even know what I'll use him for except maybe to take QGJ spot in rancor raids... is he worth it to seven star? (I do have the extra gear to take him to gear 9-10 already also)
    Thanks!

How well you do against droid teams? If the answer is no I don't do well, then Rex is at your doorstep. Before Rex, I got decimated within seconds by droids but now I just laugh at the droid users.

Disclaimer:
    The cost to get Rex is hard but the rewards are unlimited. For instance, He's one of the best in raids, grant Tenacity up for three turns, and Tm for your entire squad when he's a leader. Yo Fam, you wouldn't go wrong seven staring him. Aight peace!

• Options
    Thank you jay cube,I run a wiggs lando team in arena all seven stars gear 10 or above and droid teams still dominate me to the point where I don't even play them.. so yes I need Rex it seems!
  • Options
    I run a Rex lead on a day 1 shard.
    Rex
    Fac
    5's
    Ani
    Aayla

It destroys Wiggsdo no matter the ST or how fast STH is, even with both it is a breeze.

In GW I flip him and Ani for a harder punch. He is pretty good in P4 or P2 with omegas. Hit SD while toppled get a few extra hits and resist the DOTS and Expose. His special also hits pretty good on the turrents and the Tank itself. He is definitely not the stud he was on rancor though.

He is very good. I keep him faster than any EP on there. He neuters EP and the rare Ben you see in GW or slotted in on a test build.

I bought many of the arodium and Chromiums and I'd say Rex I feel is the best of them for the sheer use he has everywhere, though Fac is a very close 2nd, possibly a tie given his P3 value on Tank and the emergence of ST.

I'd finish Rex mate.
  • Options
    Rex is one of the best toons in the game I would finish him.
  • Options
    I run a Rex lead on a day 1 shard.
    Rex
    Fac
    5's
    Ani
    Aayla

It destroys Wiggsdo no matter the ST or how fast STH is, even with both it is a breeze.

In GW I flip him and Ani for a harder punch. He is pretty good in P4 or P2 with omegas. Hit SD while toppled get a few extra hits and resist the DOTS and Expose. His special also hits pretty good on the turrents and the Tank itself. He is definitely not the stud he was on rancor though.

He is very good. I keep him faster than any EP on there. He neuters EP and the rare Ben you see in GW or slotted in on a test build.

I bought many of the arodium and Chromiums and I'd say Rex I feel is the best of them for the sheer use he has everywhere, though Fac is a very close 2nd, possibly a tie given his P3 value on Tank and the emergence of ST.

I'd finish Rex mate.

I run StH instead of JKA but this is exactly my experience.

Also, for the main tank phases he's an excellent cleaner of debuffs. I prefer EE with Jawas but he's a strong second cleaner.

He's a top 5 toon, top 3 leader. Anyone who says otherwise is daft.