Arena team advice needed

pargame
989 posts Member
edited November 2016
Hi all,
first a little introduction - I am from small not so active guild so my access to gear is limited (please do not try to recruit me). Now I am in top 100,but a week ago I was often in top 50.
My current team is OldBen(L), Rey, QGJ, STHan and Daka. My strategy is based on STHan TM -> ability block -> kill dispeller toon
I've got Lando, Wedge and Bigs, but it seems to me that their damage is not good enough.
I've made some tests in GW Wedge+Bigs takes about 21k which is worse than Rey.
I also like that Rey damage is permanent and predictable which helps me prevent RG taunt.
Here is my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/pargame/ - it is still not updated - Biggs is gear9

What do you think - should I try Wedge(L), Biggs, QGJ, STHan and Daka?

Any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

Replies

• Options
    Work on your Lando and Wiggs.

Either use Lando lead or Wedge, depending how fast you need to be in your server.
    (I prefer Wedge lead)

Keep STHan

Choose your 5th toon depending who you face in Arena.
  • Options
    Speed.
    Sorry, what was the question? Thats generally the answer
  • Options
    IMO before I can OHK their dispeller (usually QGJ) with Biggs+Wedge my current team is better.
    Of course I will continue to work on them
    @LordStyling - how much damage does your Wiggs - I mean just both - without other assistant
  • Options
    I would definately replace Rey since she isn't meta anymore (in top 50 and beyond)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I would definately replace Rey since she isn't meta anymore (in top 50 and beyond)

well.. it depends on shard - my shard is not so old, I am playing for about 6 months, so Rey is still there. There are also Phasma leads. My Wiggs is just not good enough to replace it.
  • Options
    My wiggs can basic crit for 26k. Enough said^^
    Just need some secondary speed mods and you got the best team in game!!
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You have solid team and I still see one or two similar builds in top 20 of my Decembers shard.
    But with proper mods rebel team lead by Wedge or Lando (if you have not enough good speed mods) are much, much better.

I think most of your problems with rebels is caused by the fact that you are used to your old deck mechanics and playing Wiggs is quite different so it seems unpredictable to you, not to mention that it requires different kill order usually. I had the same feeling each time I was changing my arena team - for few days I felt my old team was much better and more effective. Once you get used to the new team mechanics you'll be able to tweak your mods to make them even better and you'll see the difference.
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    My wiggs can basic crit for 26k. Enough said^^
    Just need some secondary speed mods and you got the best team in game!!

I am not sure this is enough... In my case Rey make more than 20k with both Leverage and Flurry, but if I put Wiggs I will lost Ben's ability block...With 26k I think you will not one-hit his dispeller and then no more TM from STHan..
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    You have solid team and I still see one or two similar builds in top 20 of my Decembers shard.
    But with proper mods rebel team lead by Wedge or Lando (if you have not enough good speed mods) are much, much better.

I think most of your problems with rebels is caused by the fact that you are used to your old deck mechanics and playing Wiggs is quite different so it seems unpredictable to you, not to mention that it requires different kill order usually. I had the same feeling each time I was changing my arena team - for few days I felt my old team was much better and more effective. Once you get used to the new team mechanics you'll be able to tweak your mods to make them even better and you'll see the difference.

hmm - maybe you're right - I just try to replace a toon and keep old strategy.
    maybe just have to try it in arena - I hope it will not hurt so much :smile:
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ok so I meant my wedge can basic 26k. Wedg makes Biggs passivly fast; yes rey is fast too. But Biggs can be faster than rey, especially with a rebel leader, and 1 shot your biggest threat. Biggs special + wedge basic + assist = +26k(usually death)

And I've never farmed or used old Ben. I have done completely fine without him
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Ok so I meant my wedge can basic 26k. Wedg makes Biggs passivly fast; yes rey is fast too. But Biggs can be faster than rey, especially with a rebel leader, and 1 shot your biggest threat. Biggs special + wedge basic + assist = +26k(usually death)

if my Wedge has basic 26k I would not write this post :smile:
    it is all clear then - my make about 12k now. I will continue to work on it...
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    hmm - maybe you're right - I just try to replace a toon and keep old strategy.
    maybe just have to try it in arena - I hope it will not hurt so much :smile:

Yup, give yourself time to practice. Ive been playing rebels for about 3 months now and Im still learning how to improve them and use more efficiently. I started from Lando leadership and each time I was trying to use Wedge I felt its much weaker (even though I was using Wedge lead exclusively in GW) until I swapped mods for AAT heroic P4. Ive changed speed order and focused on different secondary statistics than before and suddenly Ive realized that Wedge leadership is twice as powerful as Landos.
    Here you have my gg link with current mods. Hope that will help you get started.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/romo/
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestions!
    I decided to try Wedge(L), Biggs, QGJ, Rey and STHan.
    Yes - "the chick with the stick" is still there :smile: it is very hard for me to put her on the bench
    it is obvious that Wiggs is one of most powerfull combination so I need to learn how to use it and then how to mod it.

Anyway - if you want to add something you are welcome.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My first impressions are not very good - they are very powerful and this leads to lack of tactics...
    now I understand why people said that they are OP.. even with mine that are not fully geared...
  • Options
    It depends on what you want to do... if your strategy is based on STH going first, I would use Lando L, Wiggs OB and STH. Even if you stick with Wedge L Biggs, QGJ, and STH, I think you can have better success with OB over Daka. His TM removal, O down and ability block makes your team go twice before the other team can do much damage. This is the basic strategy I use and I love it! You wouldn't need to worry a ton about turn order either as long as STH is as fast as possible.
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Hi all,
    first a little introduction - I am from small not so active guild so my access to gear is limited (please do not try to recruit me). Now I am in top 100,but a week ago I was often in top 50.
    My current team is OldBen(L), Rey, QGJ, STHan and Daka. My strategy is based on STHan TM -> ability block -> kill dispeller toon
    I've got Lando, Wedge and Bigs, but it seems to me that their damage is not good enough.
    I've made some tests in GW Wedge+Bigs takes about 21k which is worse than Rey.
    I also like that Rey damage is permanent and predictable which helps me prevent RG taunt.
    Here is my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/pargame/ - it is still not updated - Biggs is gear9

What do you think - should I try Wedge(L), Biggs, QGJ, STHan and Daka?

Any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

SmithieD has a video out there to help with arena strategy, look it up and is extremely useful. I went from the 20's to single digits.