Let tier 6 people get Kenobi shards

Prev1
Well tier 6 takes days and days to finish for most guilds who don't have the firepower to take t7. In the end the rewards are lame (except we get full gear) which takes the motive away for most of us.

My proposal:add Kenobi shards to tier 6. Start from 5 for #1, 4 for #2, 3 for #3 and 2 for the rest. It'll still take months maybe year to unlock him but we'll have smth good to wait for.

Replies

• Options
    No... t6 should be nerfed a bit... heroic left alone and I'd say t6 rewards buffed a bit too and a t5 option opened up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That should not happen. T6 nerf - maybe, but only if they don't add a lower tier.

Increased rewards for t6 sure, it's a grind for very little reward.

( have not completed a heroic yet and still feel this way)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah.. Not gonna happen, if anything they'll nerf normal to fall in line with the rewards you get
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Yeah.. Not gonna happen, if anything they'll nerf normal to fall in line with the rewards you get

Yeah, once they nerf the Normal AAT, then it definitely will not make sense to give out Gen. Kenobi shards for that.

Guilds are already starting to clear the Normal AAT faster as it is.
  • Options
    I doubt this will happen, as said above they might nerf the lower tier at some point in the future. Honestly I couldn't care less about the new raid anymore. Once ships drops, I'll forget about that dumb tank all together. Nice try CG...but a wide miss.
  • Options
    No, im in a guild that is stuck on normal. Trying a heroic-halfway through- but going to fail. Nerf normal but hell no to gen kenobi rewards for normal.
  • Options
    I think it's really funny people are saying no to better rewards. I'd really like to get paid a bit better for the amount of time and frustration it takes to do that raid. But if the bottom 98% of guilds think it's a good idea to keep us underpaid then I guess we will always be screwed.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    I don't get the "no" answers either...2 shards are going to make a huge difference?
    guilds are falling apart and weak go with weak,strong with strong.is that the spirit you guys want for a SW game?Such a reward might change everything and really won't make a big difference
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get the "no" answers either...2 shards are going to make a huge difference?
    guilds are falling apart and weak go with weak,strong with strong.is that the spirit you guys want for a SW game?Such a reward might change everything and really won't make a big difference

No because putting Kenobi shards in normal isn't going to encourage guilds currently doing normal to make the jump to heroic. They'll be content with their current situation and won't work on roster depth like EA wants them to.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Rewards upped yes
    Kenobi shards no

Its been out barely a month... its not every guild was fighting for han shards in that time when rancor came out
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

No because putting Kenobi shards in normal isn't going to encourage guilds currently doing normal to make the jump to heroic. They'll be content with their current situation and won't work on roster depth like EA wants them to.

Sure they would. They're elitists. That's what they do. Meanwhile it would encourage the rest to build more to obtain said shards and grow their rosters to do the heroic. Because as it stands(and I am part of this) half whale guilds can't complete the heroic and takes a week+ to finish normal. A lot of guilds are at this point or have completely given up doing the raid entirely. So yeah, Kenobi shards would be a way to entice people to participate regardless of how long it would take to unlock him.

And if it's simply rewards you are worried about they can simply make the payout better for the heroic version. Problem solved.

• Options

Sure they would. They're elitists. That's what they do. Meanwhile it would encourage the rest to built more to obtain said shards and grow their rosters to do the heroic. Because as it stands(and I am part of this) half whale guilds can't complete the heroic and takes a week+ to finish normal. A lot of guilds are at this point or have completely given up doing the raid entirely. So yeah, Kenobi shards would be a way to entice people to participate regardless of how long it would take to unlock him.

And if it's simply rewards you are worried about they can simply make the payout better for the heroic version. Problem solved.

I'll just put a +1 here. Most of my guild has all but given up on the new raid. the rewards for normal tier are so abysmal that we would rather put our time into anything else. The raid just kinda sits there, half done, occasionally someone runs at it, but the progress is slower than a turtle on a hot day. Now would better rewards help? Maybe, but it won't do diddly until us lower power guilds can even beat the darn thing once.
  • Options
    Farm Jedi and Jawas. Jawas are easy to gear up and all are farmable. Jawas are actually powerful
  • Options
    normal shouldn't get GK shards. You didn't get Han shards in the Pit raid on tier 6. That is the rewards for doing Heroic.

As for rewards, from what I have seen, yes there should be a buff in those. This probably goes for the Pit raid too. The rewards are too random. You can finish top 3, get all rewards you can get from the daily challenges but finish 20th and get fully crafted gear.
  • Options
    Did they already ninja nerf AAT? At least p2 got 1,2M damage and don't think there was much difference from the first time. Less AOE damage and DOTs?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »

Sure they would. They're elitists. That's what they do. Meanwhile it would encourage the rest to built more to obtain said shards and grow their rosters to do the heroic. Because as it stands(and I am part of this) half whale guilds can't complete the heroic and takes a week+ to finish normal. A lot of guilds are at this point or have completely given up doing the raid entirely. So yeah, Kenobi shards would be a way to entice people to participate regardless of how long it would take to unlock him.

I'll just put a +1 here. Most of my guild has all but given up on the new raid. the rewards for normal tier are so abysmal that we would rather put our time into anything else. The raid just kinda sits there, half done, occasionally someone runs at it, but the progress is slower than a turtle on a hot day. Now would better rewards help? Maybe, but it won't do diddly until us lower power guilds can even beat the darn thing once.

So what are those guildmates doing in the meantime? Are they building up their rosters and going over strategies to get ready for heroic AAT or just sitting there twiddling their thumbs? I'm sorry but completely giving up on the raid and then claiming you need more rewards to justify participating in it is ridiculous.
    If you can't beat normal mode right now in a timely manner, it's evident that you have to work on your roster and your strategy. I see countless complaints about the new raid and people saying they just throw in their 5 attempts on auto daily. How does that help you get over the hump and progress your guild towards heroic if you can't be bothered to accept the challenge in front of you?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »

So what are those guildmates doing in the meantime? Are they building up their rosters and going over strategies to get ready for heroic AAT or just sitting there twiddling their thumbs? I'm sorry but completely giving up on the raid and then claiming you need more rewards to justify participating in it is ridiculous.
    If you can't beat normal mode right now in a timely manner, it's evident that you have to work on your roster and your strategy. I see countless complaints about the new raid and people saying they just throw in their 5 attempts on auto daily. How does that help you get over the hump and progress your guild towards heroic if you can't be bothered to accept the challenge in front of you?

I don't care about the heroic raid. I was talking about the normal one. The rewards compared to the mass amount of time spent on the raid just aren't worth it in my eyes. I'm not saying add shards to the lower tier, but do something about those rewards. The guild as a whole is working on rosters, as for the strategy and such. Kinda difficult to do much of anything, when a good hunk of the guild does a whooping total of 3-5% health damage a day.

I understand how raids are supposed to work, and I don't expect a daily finish sorta thing. However the tank raid is stupid hard for a vast majority of guilds, and the rewards for the lower tier just aren't worth it. There's a difference between a challenge, and having to ram your head into a wall daily for such an small difference its discouraging. I'm not saying all guilds are like this, or even that everyone agrees with me. This is just my two cents on the matter.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Not bothered about kenobi shards, just chuck stun cuffs and guns in normal mode and people can slowly gear up to heroic. Thankyou, I'll take 45k crystals for sharing.
  • Options
    I agree, this raid is terrible and a guildkiller. AAT made more people quit than modgate... people are sick of the animations and low rewards.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Toning down the health values of normal mode as opposed to increasing the rewards is the best course of action imo. This way it reduces the slog of normal mode while still keeping players motivated to optimize their roster in preparation for heroic.
    I don't think increasing rewards for normal will have nearly the same outcome as the long grind is still there. Nothing needs to be done to the rewards, but something definitely needs to be done to the raid itself. Making normal mode a closer representation to heroic would also help aspiring guilds accurately determine if they're ready to make that leap forward.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ( have not completed a heroic yet and still feel this way)

I'm right there with you. Heroic is the goal. Two or three more weeks of grinding and my guild will get there.
  • Options
    Well tier 6 takes days and days to finish for most guilds who don't have the firepower to take t7. In the end the rewards are lame (except we get full gear) which takes the motive away for most of us.

My proposal:add Kenobi shards to tier 6. Start from 5 for #1, 4 for #2, 3 for #3 and 2 for the rest. It'll still take months maybe year to unlock him but we'll have smth good to wait for.

No its for herioc like the rancor have a little patience theyll sort it after ships update hopefully change some of the abilities, speed and health and a little armor decrease it was designed to be a challenge and it stops everyone getting kenobi in a few months but agreed on the fact its op on p1 and p3 atm p2 is the best and p4 isnt that far behind just wait until its reworked then see what you think
  • Options

Guilds aren't working on roster depth at any increased rate. Players are changing guilds essentially eliminating the middle class in this game. Easy heroic or barely beat normal are the two classes of guild's from how the forum posts look.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

Guilds aren't working on roster depth at any increased rate. Players are changing guilds essentially eliminating the middle class in this game. Easy heroic or barely beat normal are the two classes of guild's from how the forum posts look.

I know of plenty of people that could rank in the top 10 of heroic AAT but choose to stay in their current guild and help them progress through towards heroic. The worst thing their guildmates can do is mope and give up on building a strong roster.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

I know of plenty of people that could rank in the top 10 of heroic AAT but choose to stay in their current guild and help them progress through towards heroic. The worst thing their guildmates can do is mope and give up on building a strong roster.

Possibly so. There has been a rash of threads and posts of guild's losing strong players since AAT, which is where my comment came from. Poaching was definitely happening pre AAT and right up to the point of roster saturation to where the heroic raid was farmable.

As for the roster, it's a bit overwhelming with the content dump. AAT requires a lot of toons, as you know, and especially f2p having to move mods around etc. It is basically like work. Ships could compound this and will require precise prioritization of players within guilds to maximize their resources I believe.
  • Options
    My guild is currently running normal raids and will be for a while. It took us 19 days the first time and we are on track for 16 days this time.

We are building and growing and will get there.

Heroics are end game content and Kenobi is an end game reward. He gives us something to aspire to.

I can recall us starting the Rancor Raid on tier 4/5 and now a few of us have Raid Han at 7*.

I would welcome better gear as a reward (who wouldn't?), but Kenobi can wait.
  • Options
    I'd be happy if I stopped getting gear out of the Tank rewards that I have 600 of from doing the Daily Challenges.

Daily Challenge gear SHOULD NOT BE DROPPING FROM RAIDS!!!!!
  • Options
    Krovv3n wrote: »
    I'd be happy if I stopped getting gear out of the Tank rewards that I have 600 of from doing the Daily Challenges.

Daily Challenge gear SHOULD NOT BE DROPPING FROM RAIDS!!!!!

Yes! I could not agree with you more!!!!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Not bothered about kenobi shards, just chuck stun cuffs and guns in normal mode and people can slowly gear up to heroic. Thankyou, I'll take 45k crystals for sharing.

This would be too logical. You could always do Rancor T5 for those, yes? :)
  • Options
    Nope