If Defense (Armor and Resistance) scaled as well as Offense, no one will have to be nerfed.

meanpride
90 posts Member
edited January 2016
Physical Damage can go as high as 2000 while Armor only 300. Armor in the late game is irrelevant. End game Matches are determined within minutes since almost anyone can be taken down in a few hits. Basically, who ever hits first will win since armor is negligible.

This is the mean reason that the FOTPs and Leias in the world are able to one shot even tanky heroes.

This is the reason why Poe is so powerful since he gives the team the first round.

They are not broken heroes, the overall game design is.

also, the Defense Up buff is useless and makes Heroes like Chewie, who were pretty good in the early game, horrible at end game.

Defense needs a rework if the game will move away from DPS meta of only a few viable heroes to a more balanced game where a lot more heroes will see use.

Replies

• Options
    I also share this concern as I am a defensive player in most games that was the first thing I noticed when I started playing is that defense/armor have low value in this game
  • Options
    it would help if they had their stats display an actual value. 300 armor could mean 99999999% damage reduction or it could mean .00000009% damage reduction. jesse said earlier that he would bring up the display of more meaning ful stats, or a better explanation of how everything is calculated in his QA with the devs. hopefully we'll hear some news.
  • Options
    I would like that.
  • Options
    That Q&A was supposed to be ages ago.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Well that sucks I hope it does happen it could clear a lot of things up
  • Options
    Does anyone really know the value of armor and defense up?
  • Options
    That Q&A was supposed to be ages ago.

I don't understand why it's so hard to set up a simple Q&A. It's not like we're asking them to give us a lecture on rocket science. We're asking them questions about the game they CREATED. There is a lack of transparency created by the devs. It's like they don't even know how the game works.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Does anyone really know the value of armor and defense up?

We all do, its none! Offense up +50% of something crazy good. Defense Up +50% of nothing!