Tournament format change idea

Hanburger
163 posts Member
edited November 2016
Here is my idea to make tournaments awesome. Open up the roster, so players can theory craft the best possible defense team of maxed out toons. Players are randomly assigned 5 teams to try to beat. You get one chance to beat each of them. Offensive players also get to choose from a maxed out, unlocked roster. They would have to strategize a counter team.

Final score is the computed by determining % of offensive battles won added to the % of defensive battles won.

This would be far more strategic, and it would eliminate whale domination.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    One problem -

The AI sucks.

So many people would tie for first. And probably other ranks
  • Options
    Truthfully to me the easiest change is to just limit the amount of refreshes. I know its been said before. But it would drastically reduce the time required for the tournament which is by far the worst part. people with deep rosters which was the point of the tournament have the advantage. This would help them get some money back and make people happy at the same time because people are going to spend to improve their rosters.
  • Options
    CG could change the rankings and determine you prizes not by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... but by your win percentage: 90-100% wins gets.... 80-89% wins gets... and so on. It could be getting a average of 90-100% on five tornaments would yield a complete character, or something like that.

The AI is something players would need to account for when they are building a defense.

Also, this wouldn't take too much longer than an average day of arena play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hanburger wrote: »
    CG could change the rankings and determine you prizes not by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... but by your win percentage: 90-100% wins gets.... 80-89% wins gets... and so on. It could be getting a average of 90-100% on five tornaments would yield a complete character, or something like that.

The AI is something players would need to account for when they are building a defense.

Also, this wouldn't take too much longer than an average day of arena play.

Yes but many people would score 100% due to the ai sucking.

Not many people know what every toon will do on the AI, especially if you open it up to all toons. So the suggested team on the forum will end up being what's out there or people will just set up the same team they would anyway.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Truthfully to me the easiest change is to just limit the amount of refreshes. I know its been said before. But it would drastically reduce the time required for the tournament which is by far the worst part. people with deep rosters which was the point of the tournament have the advantage. This would help them get some money back and make people happy at the same time because people are going to spend to improve their rosters.

Wouldn't this lead to ties? They would be settled by who got there first as the rules apply now. That doesn't seem like the beat turnout either.