Are my friends Lucky? Or am I Unlucky?

I have 2 other friends that also play this game. One of them has only been playing for 5 days while my other friend and I have been playing since launch.

None of us have spent money. And yet, the one who started late already has 12 different heroes, while the one I started with has 15 including 2 four star heroes, one of which he got from a bronzium card.

And yet, I still have 8. The basics... not even a full set of dark side...

Yes, I know I am complaining. But if feels like I am a test subject, seeing how long somebody will play if they keep getting shards of heroes they already have from chromium cards. Seriously, 4 chromium cards in row, shards of a hero I already have.

Just sayin, at least give me a full dark side squad. I can even fully equip my light side squad because I cant progress in the dark side.

Replies

• Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah I dunno. I opened 12 chromium packs with free gems over a few days (seriously regretting this) and got a Jedi Knight Guardian. She's pretty bad. I have a bunch of shards...for characters that I'll never get...because I'm not going to buy another Chromium pack until all my characters are completely maxed out to the point that refreshing energy doesn't help me anymore.

It's pretty awful how many characters are completely unobtainable outside of chromium packs. Even if you manage to get one, they become unplayably terrible once you start ranking up farmable characters. You either have to commit to buying hundreds of dollars worth of Chromium packs or stick to characters you can farm shards for.

Eventually, the characters you can get from the pvp arena shipments, cantina shipments, galactic war shipments, or plain old mission farming will round out your team. Just stick with it. There are plenty of good characters to get without spending a dime or getting amazingly lucky.
  • Options
    Alatar wrote: »
    Yeah I dunno. I opened 12 chromium packs with free gems over a few days (seriously regretting this) and got a Jedi Knight Guardian. She's pretty bad. I have a bunch of shards...for characters that I'll never get...because I'm not going to buy another Chromium pack until all my characters are completely maxed out to the point that refreshing energy doesn't help me anymore.

You should have just waited til you had enough crystals to buy the 10x pack :(
    At least then you're guaranteed to get at least one full character (unless they changed it).
  • Options
    Ya, I am close to getting new heroes from the arenas, but that's through hard work and strategic battling. I am definitely not thinking about quitting. But I just find it ridiculous how lucky my friends are. But ya, I guess you answered my question, they are lucky. Super duper lucky. Screw my friends haha
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    Alatar wrote: »

You should have just waited til you had enough crystals to buy the 10x pack :(
    At least then you're guaranteed to get at least one full character (unless they changed it).

I bought an 8x pack and a 4x pack. There isn't a 10x pack. I don't think there's a guaranteed character like that now.
  • Options
    Sorry that was my mistake, I meant to say 8x.

The last 8x I bought gave me two full character drops and a bunch of random shards. I might have just been lucky though.
This discussion has been closed.